do you use the top sheet

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

do you use the top sheet

Postby everything on Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:40 pm

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/home/ ... 5ba51dd6fc

heated debate!

millenials and "europeans" have abandoned it. blasphemy! your tai chi must be fake!
Last edited by everything on Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Re: do you use the top sheet

Postby greytowhite on Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:26 pm

As an elder Millennial I use the top sheet every night. Here in Arizona it is way too hot and I have to keep the ceiling fan on in the summer. Sometimes between the fan and the AC vent my psoriatic arthritis kicks in and I have to cover at least my legs. In the winter it's great, another layer to stay warm. My girlfriend doesn't get it. We don't really make the bed though, unless it's laundry day. Why bother?
greytowhite
Wuji

Postby everything on Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:31 pm

My ex military friend said it’s mainly about discipline and getting something done to a high standard right away. IDK part of me likes his point.

But yeah the top sheet arguments are interesting LOL
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby greytowhite on Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:35 pm

everything wrote:My ex military friend said it’s mainly about discipline and getting something done to a high standard right away. IDK part of me likes his point.

But yeah the top sheet arguments are interesting LOL

Eh, I couldn't care less about making the bed well. As a disabled person, discipline matters less to me than how much fatigue I'm dealing with. Why put in the effort for something that will be undone again in a few hours? I typically take a nap once or twice a day.
greytowhite
Wuji

Postby everything on Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:59 pm

that makes a lot of sense to me, too. it is an awful lot of work that seems unnecessary.
everything
Wuji

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:19 pm

We do in the States, but it's not really a common thing in Japan.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:09 am

Hmm, what I don't get is why people sleep in underwear or pajamas.

Yeah, in the states, there's a bottom sheet, upper sheet, and blanket (and more pillows than necessary). When it's really hot, I won't sleep under anything. If it's a bit chillier, I pull the blanket back and use the top sheet for cover. When the room has to be heated, I use the blanket and top sheet.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic