Pulsed Electro Magnetic Therapy (PEMF)

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Pulsed Electro Magnetic Therapy (PEMF)

Postby cloudz on Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:38 am

Hey just wanted to share this as I think it's pretty cool.. and relates to TCM and some qi theory. ( I think..)

Have had two sessions myself recently as have had a longstanding issue with some hip muscles, particularly on my right side.
Also recently had some severe shoulder pain developed into maybe muscle knots, who knows but was in quite a lot of pain for a 2-3 weeks.

When I did it, it highlights were you are 'in pain' (carrying weakness) and basically it seems I have muscle weakness/ issues in both hips and shoulders - these are certainly common areas where I have had muscle injuries. I wasn't having feeling any issues on my left but using the therapy the pain I felt was pretty much the same on both sides (shoulders/hips) - which was kind of eye opening.

It always amazes me when having decent massage how much pain there is lurking in there you don't notice so much on the surface.

My therapist did say PEMF was a like having acupuncture just deeper and more penetrating. I imagine it's just 'more' as it's direct pumping of electro magnetic energy into you.. pretty cool huh. It's the oddest feeling in the effected areas- can be painful certainly, in one instant the pain almost made my hip give way - you can turn the intensity up or down. And you can definitely feel it working and have felt some relief and benefit, even after couple sessions, so I'm fairly optimistic.

Chronic pain will take time (I'm 51), but having gone the physio route, the exercises, stretching, massage, infra red, deep heat routes. There's no quick fix (though they all help, and it's mostly manageable and I can train ok and I'm willing to try anything for some extended time. I just look forward to the day it's gone away fully. I have sometimes wondered if that is even possible it's hung around so long now...

I did overcome some previous issues with piriformis syndrome/sciatic pain and tight illiotibal bands (physio initially had to release my hip flexor.
So it can be done, but with this issue on the other side (maybe due to over compensation from previous issue) was starting to think maybe not..
chronic injuries/pain sucks!!

anyway enough about my woes here is a link explaining a bit more re. PEMF.
If you have or develop injury maybe worth considering.

Will pop back after 4-6 weeks and update my experience with it. likely will have 3 or so 20 min sessions a week for an extended period.
fingers crossed. have to wait as my therapist is renting her machine and it's gone to Portugal for a week with the owner on a retreat..

https://ioaregenerative.com/blog/what-a ... mf-therapy

Pulsed Electro-Magnetic Field (PEMF) therapy uses technology to stimulate and exercise cells to help resolve cellular dysfunction and to support overall wellness. At Interventional Orthopedics of Atlanta, Dr. Christopher Williams recommends it to many of his patients throughout Atlanta, GA for its therapeutic effects. During a consultation, he can evaluate your health or injury to determine if he believes that PEMF therapy will work best for you.

What is Pulsed PEMF therapy?
Pulsed PEMF therapy treats your cells like batteries. It’s common for them to slowly be drained of energy. By the end of a day, your body and mind may feel tired and depleted. That’s where PEMF technology can help. Dr. Williams uses it to generate energy in your cells without an invasive procedure. This amplifies your natural energy and encourages your body to function more effectively in Atlanta, GA. Also known as low field magnetic stimulation, it uses electromagnetic fields to try to help cellular dysfunction.

How does PEMF therapy work?
Pulsed PEMF therapy sends magnetic energy into the body. These energy waves work with your body’s natural magnetic field to improve healing. The magnetic fields help you to increase electrolytes and ions. This naturally influences electrical changes on a cellular level and influences cellular metabolism. It works with your body’s own recovery processes to help relieve chronic pain. Best of all, it’s entirely safe.

Ultimately, the human body requires electricity to sign signals throughout the body and to your brain. PEMF therapy effectively can realign the electricity in your cells. When a cell is stimulated, it allows positive charges to enter a cell in an open ION channel. The inside of this cell becomes positively charged, which will trigger other electrical currents, turning into pulses. This can positively influence movement, healing, and sending of signals. Any disruption in electrical currents can lead to dysfunction or illness. Pulsed PEMF therapy helps restore this disruption in electrical current to the normal state, which promotes overall wellness.

Who do we recommend pulsed PEMF therapy to?
At Interventional Orthopedics of Atlanta, we recommend this to patients with pain or dysfunction in their:

Ankles

Back

Elbows

Hips

Knees

Shoulder

We also recommend this pulsed therapy to patients suffering from:

Chronic inflammation in joints or the soft tissues

Chronic fatigue symptoms or chronic fatigue syndrome

Peripheral neuropathy

Osteopenia or osteoporosis

Poor wound healing

During a consultation, Dr. Williams can determine if your chronic condition or injury warrants the use of Pulsed PEMF therapy.

Benefits of PEMF therapy
When patients visit Dr. Williams at Interventional Orthopedics of Atlanta, they always want to learn more about the benefits of PEMF therapy. Some of the most common benefits of this therapy include:

Enhances the body’s natural recovery process

Corrects cellular dysfunction throughout the body

Stimulates and exercises cells to recharge cells

Gives patients more energy naturally

Improves athletic performance

Reduces inflammation and pain

Helps you recover from an injury faster

These are just some of the many benefits of this innovative therapy that Dr. Williams uses to help his patients throughout Atlanta, GA. You no longer have to live in pain or discomfort. Best of all, you can achieve this relief without invasive surgery.

Last edited by cloudz on Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:51 am, edited 5 times in total.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Re: Pulsed Electro Magnetic Therapy (PEMF)

Postby everything on Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:01 pm

it sounds interesting, like acupuncture or a sort of qigong. wonder if it can help with wear/tear on cartilage and ligaments (would be great).
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Re: Pulsed Electro Magnetic Therapy (PEMF)

Postby cloudz on Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:13 am

could do, the lady who gives me the treatment said it originally was developed/ used on horses to help heal broken bones, things of that nature. It worked well apparently. So yeah, maybe.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic