"easy strength" by Dan John and Pavel

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

"easy strength" by Dan John and Pavel

Postby everything on Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:45 am

interview about it. another one of those things that "seems too good to be true"

amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Re: "easy strength" by Dan John and Pavel

Postby Bhassler on Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:46 am

Dan John is brilliant. Here's a lecture on the basic program. It's still 30 minutes, but shorter than the interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdfHcrH ... el=DanJohn
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby everything on Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:36 am

i've been working on S&S, but with no intention to ever achieve the Simple milestone. Easy strength seems like a natural transition, and kind of what I do already, anyway. I don't do the ab roller, just a hand walk out toward that final position (after seeing one of those gymnastics/calisthenics videos). Too lazy to go do dead hang or pull-ups, lol

edit: also feels like "easy" is more compatible with "internal". no "brute force" or "muscling".
Last edited by everything on Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Peacedog on Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:10 am

It's good stuff.

To me the basic point is that everyone needs resistance training. And even a little bit is pretty helpful.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby everything on Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:07 pm

I just watched him do his example "perfect" workout (sorry no link for now too lazy).

It doesn't seem "easy" to me, hahaha. But I get that the resistance he used probably feels easy. took like 8 minutes. love the efficiency.
everything
Wuji

Return to Off the Topic