how many 10 year old zombies can you fight?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

how many 10 year old zombies can you fight?

Postby everything on Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:21 pm

these are the kinds of conversations one of my kids likes to ask. so I figure RSF has the answer.

how many 10 year old zombies can you fight before you're just over-run and eaten?
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Re: how many 10 year old zombies can you fight?

Postby Giles on Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:50 am

How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

So many variables. But first a few assumptions, more or less in line with the standards of the genre...

-The defender is fighting solo and using some form of cold steel, as opposed to being comfortably ensconced in a fully fuelled and ammo'd Leopard II tank together with a few colleagues.
- The 10-year-old zombies are of the classic Romero shuffling variety, not those dubious sprinting zombie-come-latelys.
- The defender is on open, firm and unencumbered terrain, therefore able to move around at will and in no danger of being trapped in a corner, falling into a pit etc.

With those givens, we can equip the defender with a hand-and-a-half sword, the corresponding well-trained skills of the Liechtenauer school and a generally fit, athletic physique. The sword of modern high-grade steel and very well sharpened. Plus a pair of sturdy boots with a good, deep profile on the soles, to avoid slipping on all the blood. Okay, and something like a kukri as a back-up.

I think that the defender, as long as he is able to keep moving/relocating as he fights and hence avoid a build-up of small-sized corpses that will ultimately trap him on one spot, should be able to kill an unlimited number of 10-year-old zombies.* Until, of course, simple fatigue starts to overwhelm him (or existential despair), and also the sword edges become increasingly blunted. Then the game will be up.

* Adult zombies will be slightly faster because their legs are longer and above all they have greater mass, hence requiring more time and effort to disable/kill each individual. Cumulatively this might well make a difference to the time the defender can keep going.
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby everything on Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:03 pm

very impressive assumptions!

"unlimited ... that is, until the limits are hit" is a great answer for this question!

somehow I knew RSF would have the answer.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby cloudz on Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:37 am

The main thing is not get bitten by the little zombie flesh eaters, in case they pass on the brain freezing virus. The 8 year olds are even worse.
Just passed a swarm of them by Sainsbury's.

I quickly used my "wave hand like cloud; fall down like truck" training to dispatch two of the irritating blighters.
That will teach them to mess with a tai chi master.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby Giles on Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:44 am

@ everything:
You're welcome. Hope the young one wasn't too disappointed with the forecast. You could cheer him up by giving him the non-armed, trapped-in-a-corner variant: Dr. Zombiekil writes that here an adult can handle a maximum of 7 such small-sized zombies before going down, screaming and dying horribly.....!!!!! -twisted-

@ cloudz:
Sainsbury's. So it least it's middle-class zombie kids. Naaaice! Or maybe actually worse.... ??
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Return to Off the Topic