key to (reversing) aging discovered / tai chi helps

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: key to (reversing) aging discovered / tai chi helps

Postby everything on Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:16 pm

yes for sure boomers would want it. for boomers, I assume these problems have more to do with processed foods, "forever chemicals", other kinds of "not natural" contaminants.

I believe the way the AIs come up with "safe" solutions is being able to look through formulations and a large amount of data (and the simulations he talks about) far more efficiently as well as effectively. the likelihood of adverse effects is "predicted". the more they "understand" the human "data", the more powerful/safe the, let's call them, hypotheses, can be. this portion of the research is what could probably be done exponentially faster. sometimes for finding "needles in haystacks" it would never make sense to fund if humans had to do the searching. the logistics and humans trials would still take longer, but his point on simulation is interesting. not sure people would feel ok about that. it could be an earlier phase inserted into the phases. another downside/risk is humans do not necessarily know how the AI can "find the solution" so fast. to make a bad analogy, this is similar to how chess grandmasters do not understand the algorithms that chess programs (that "learned" on their own) use (they no longer use human algorithms and just compute them faster). can we trust that which we cannot actually understand? in business applications, they already use neural networks, but for applications in which the models need to be explainable (for example due to regulations), they then switch to logistic regression. all of that likely needs to be sorted out. I'm scratching the surface from light reading and some light professional experience around precursors to AI tech. I think the other point is "humanity" (read: the smartest ones) is also scratching the surface, so who knows.

regardless, this "reboot" finding is apparently from humans. who knows where it goes, other than that it probably is going somewhere. the boomer demand (and demand from the next generations) will be there. even just for some hair follicle or knee cartilage treatment. ;D
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Quigga on Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:24 pm

Maybe boomers don't age so well is bc of more lax worker protection laws, more environmental pollution, nutritional deficiencies. Also being closer to people in a generational sense that were effected by war certainly doesn't help.

If you keep moving against your internal resistance, causing friction, you'll wear yourself out much quicker. Sort of like when people who do manual labor of any kind figure out how to move and work more efficiently, to keep grinding for 8 hours everyday or more. But for every movement the body is capable of.

Getting that for the body takes lots of work, yes, but it's doable. For the emotions and mind it's much more difficult and challenging imo...
Quigga

Postby Quigga on Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:26 pm

Must be cool when we reach the point where we can ask AI how to build/code/design/create - whatever, no clue how it works - a better AI and go for a loop or two.
Quigga

Postby everything on Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:10 pm

Quigga wrote:Must be cool when we reach the point where we can ask AI how to build/code/design/create - whatever, no clue how it works - a better AI and go for a loop or two.

humans have created something called "neural programming" - asking AI to write better, more readable, more maintainable code than human-written code. no idea when it could then create AI programs. or maybe "always improve yourself, AI-bot" and then what have we unleashed?

just the chatGPT bot gives me some code examples at work that are rudimentary but useful. I think Msft put the better code generation as a feature of github (kind of a "social network of code" in the open and proprietary to teams and companies). all probably in its infancy.
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby vadaga on Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:53 am

I would be curious to see a comparison of taiji vs interval training for anti aging. I remember that a year or two back there were studies done on aging with either intense intervals, steady slow training, or no training done and the intense intervals one came out as having the best anti aging properties due to a combination of preserving VO2 max and muscle mass.
善人和气一团
vadaga
Wuji

Postby everything on Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:42 pm

definitely would be interesting.

guess those of us who do both ... even better. 8-)
everything
Wuji

Previous

Return to Off the Topic