Last of Us tv show

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Last of Us tv show

Postby everything on Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:15 pm

it's good! ;D
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Re: Last of Us tv show

Postby Dmitri on Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:13 am

Yeah its IMDb ratings are extremely high, for a TV show.
I've been trying to decide if I want to start watching or wait until the whole season is released...
Last edited by Dmitri on Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby everything on Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:20 am

I don’t know the game so don’t know much of the plot.

I would say it’s very slow build up, but so well done that it’s more enjoyable this way.

So idk if binging would be a better way.
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Dmitri on Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:34 pm

I'll probably give in this weekend :)
And I also had no idea there was a game with that name... I only pay tetris and freecell on PC, and sudoku on the phone; that's all the games for me these days
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:59 am

Watch episode 1 and then decide.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby everything on Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:17 am

ep 2 is perhaps even better, though. :)

lol i still like tetris and freecell. for new games, the wordle/quordle thing is quite fun, though.
everything
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:38 am

Imo, if someone doesn't watch episode 1, they won't understand the nature of the problem (that makes it different from other "zombie" flicks.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby everything on Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:44 pm

hmm i think i don't understand it, either ... hmm will have to read about it. oh yeah, i mean watch 1 and 2 ;D
everything
Wuji

Postby Dmitri on Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:41 pm

everything wrote:. for new games, the wordle/quordle thing is quite fun, though.

Oh yeah, forgot about those! Senility, here we come... I do play both/each, once a day; they're great!
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby everything on Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:19 am

lol i can't even remember if I played wordle when it's later in the day
everything
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:38 am

everything wrote:lol i can't even remember if I played wordle when it's later in the day

Now THAT's the movie I've been waiting for. Probably the only thing that could possibly top BATTLESHIP.

I started last of us last night, looking pretty good, very engaging
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby everything on Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:38 pm

with no knowledge/attachment to the game, it's just nice to see some good acting, characters, slow plot build, special effects. HBO's production values are also ridiculous.

on the memory/attention span issue, i'm finding i can only watch max of two current shows lately (other one is Servant ... still good but getting less good than previous seasons). like for some reason my brain doesn't want to track more fictional characters/plots than this (I got a lot .. ok a little ... reading to do on RSF and stuff).
everything
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:18 pm

It's true. There are many really good tv shows. If there are complicated plot lines, it's almost impossible to keep up. The advantage of weekly episodes is that people discuss the parts and what may happen next. Otoh, some shows have self-contained episodes; so binging isn't any better than waiting for the next episode to drop. You could watch all the episodes of Columbo, for ex. Games of Thrones would be a different story.

It's hard to tell what type of show this will be. I.e., what will the audience be waiting for that makes them want to watch the next episode? I'll generally watch that.

A couple of good shows are Slow Horses on Apple+ and Poker Face on Peacock. They're novel.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby everything on Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:38 pm

I tried Slow Horses but didn’t get into it. Will try it again.

I liked Outer Range (Josh Brolin in sorta a Twilight Zone), and Tulsa King (Stallone as a mob boss in OK). Medium intensity.

White Lotus was super binge able.

Will add Poker Face to my too long list.
everything
Wuji

Postby yeniseri on Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:22 am

It may not be conscious but the era of the Pandemic has made people more conscious of what can happen, at least some of US, and the realization that
those who do not act /take action will be the fodder that spreads the virus of misinformation/disinformation that even the gubment factions (some elements within it)
will big up the lies of the vocal few. A wake up call, at best and I like the script development!
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Next

Return to Off the Topic