Kids are cute

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Kids are cute

Postby origami_itto on Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:17 am

I recently acquired an 11 year old stepson.

As luck would have it he's a pretty chill kid and he seems to really like me. It's new for me, never hung out with a kid this agd before.

So anyhow, I cook, he tears it up, last night went back for third, mom was impressed. He's trying and liking all kinds of things she could never get him to eat.

He has appropriated an old pair of my Mueller trail gloves and several T shirts.

He will hit the heavy bag or target bulb sometimes, and I've offered to teach him a little but he refuses.

The funny part is I was doing some shoulder opening stretches just standing in front of the TV and I turned around suddenly while scratching my face. He was behind me scratching his face the same way, half turned away but still watching me.

He was surprised and just a TINY bit embarrassed.

I just think it's the cutest thing. He's obsessed with his games and the internet and will surely be a jerk in a few years but I'm glad I have the chance to be a positive influence for a while at least.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Re: Kids are cute

Postby everything on Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:55 am

11 is terrific, gotta enjoy it for now. we all might be jerks from 13-17, quite natural. gotta "rebel" and "find yourself" and your group. but who knows. not everybody is like that. you guys might get more lucky.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby yeniseri on Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:09 am

Enjoy them while you believe they are cute!
Just wait until they get a mind of their own ;D . The balance for me was trying NOT to brainwash them with my own beliefs but at the same time have them realize
because they are "vegetarians", it does nnot mean the "lions" would not see them as food.
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby Giles on Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:00 am

If this relationship can get a little steadiness and consistency for a period of time, then your input of kindness, attention, encouragement and fun will be forever. Even if he does indeed lose interest and become a classic teenager for a few years, your gift will still be in there. And when he comes out the other side, he'll probably have good memories of you and might even be interested in contact again. And if not, you still did a good thing.
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:16 pm

Try to appreciate the ten year-old as much as possible now, you won't believe how much more you'll miss them in ten years.:)
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic