Massai plyometrics "qing gong"

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Massai plyometrics "qing gong"

Postby everything on Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:32 pm

sorry, no embed...

amazing jumping ability. think my ankles and knees would be destroyed.

https://old.reddit.com/r/Damnthatsinter ... yometrics/
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Re: Massai plyometrics "qing gong"

Postby yeniseri on Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:13 pm

We all have the same brain but environment, physical entrainment, mental resilience, etc trains the brans to adapt and conquer certain imbalances that is present in all of us.
One also has to have the physical musculoskeletal system that allows this 'conditioning' to take place.Just as swimmers, bodybuilders runners, etc have body type fitted to their
chosen activity.

The individual projection of physiology would not allow a "fat person" (a relative descriptive here ??? ) to have an equal jumping capacity but recently I have seen a few bodybuilders
who can exhibit the external manifestation of gymnastic excellence but it is a rare quality! To be an excelletn Parkour enthsiast, you have to go beond the usual conditioning complex to
be part of that elite group of "jumper' skilled in their 'trade'!

One has to have a "high degree of brain integration and the corresponding body (musculoskeleteal system ??? ) to even think of achieving the level of skill in the sport of gymnastics.

When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby everything on Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:20 pm

yes i'm definitely a "fat person" by this standard (def not by USA standards) but even at my skinniest, geez, this is really something crazy i've never seen.
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:24 pm

The Massai do this from an early age. However, there are western trainers who specialize in improving vertical leap. A while back, there was a potential NFL prospect who trained specifically for that test. Iinm, his record hasn't been topped.

There is always a physical component, but not necessarily genetic. Genes offer the potential. :)

"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby everything on Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:21 pm

I remember Spud! So great!

I have no desire to dunk or even jump, but this guy seems to be a genius (and NBA trainer) for jumping and some lower body mobility in general (posted a separate thread about him already):

everything
Wuji

Postby marvin8 on Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:29 pm

Might be off topic however, floating/gliding footwork which may have some martial value.

Psykosis
Jan 23, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UD-oVqHyYo

Psykosis
Feb 26, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvw9KSeesTw

Psykosis
Mar 22, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zy0dmkdnQ0
marvin8
Wuji

Return to Off the Topic