Def Leppard drummer attacked

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Def Leppard drummer attacked

Postby everything on Tue May 23, 2023 1:47 pm

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertai ... 242868007/

not that celebrity status should afford one any extra consideration but:

- why would someone attack (and blindside) an old man
- why would he attack a ONE-armed old man
- why attack a one-armed old man who needs to use his arm and legs to do his job that makes a lot of people temporarily happy (again, no way you would know that, and a celebrity rock star shouldn't get more "rights" or consideration, but sheesh, wth is wrong with people)

I guess Mr. Allen had a good "self defense", saying "I am no threat to you", and the attacker. Isn't this kind of case why you might need some self defense (preferably not fighting or shooting people, but def including verbal abilities, maybe breakfall, awareness, and so on).

side note: on a daily basis, my "self defense" is dealing with incredibly bad drivers in a "good, safe neighborhood". some middle aged lady driving a super expensive mercedes almost plowed into me, about to turn left at a green arrow, she was just going to run the red light going about 50. i honked like a maniac as my "self defense" action. this kind of stupidity and mortal danger happens on a near daily basis. every day I also see people wait on top of the train tracks, then turn right on red (with 3 signs saying not to do that, and 2 saying "stop here on red"). i know of three deaths at one of these intersections in the past 5 years or so, precisely because of this obliviousness. some of these people I see are for sure going to die. it's a statistical certainty at this point. i don't want to see it. which doesn't help them at all.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Re: Def Leppard drummer attacked

Postby yeniseri on Wed May 24, 2023 1:08 pm

US American society has always had these people (thugs, thieves, politicians,) who feel they have the right to bully who they perceive to be weak but now it has gotten out of hand.
Your local politician passes an illegal, unethical, or other law abrogating peoples' rightsand that is a signal for the thugs and others to come out of the closet and just go on a vengeance spree.
I am being dramatic in my pontification but that is the template that I see coming to fruition.

I hope I am wrong ???
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Return to Off the Topic