health coach

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

health coach

Postby everything on Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:47 pm

ever had one? thought about being one? had some other random thoughts about it? apparently it's a thing, sort of like personal training or nutritionist, but broader
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Re: health coach

Postby Doc Stier on Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:23 am

As both a Doctor of Oriental Medicine (OMD) and a professional IMA teacher for the past 50 years to date, a major part of working with every patient and student is coaching them to be more mindful of the lifestyle choices they make regarding what they eat and drink daily, how they breathe, how to cultivate and conserve their energy, how to use their physical body more efficiently, and how to improve the quality of their thoughts and emotions. The overall affect of addressing these crucial aspects of daily life is generally a significant improvement in their personal health and well-being, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or race.

Everyone can benefit and empower themselves by acquiring and implementing such knowledge in order to be their own health and fitness coach. That being said, intellectually knowing what to do and how to do it most efficiently for optimal results is of little value if it isn't incorporated into a daily program of practical application. ymmv.
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby everything on Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:46 am

definitely agree. becoming expert and being your own coach is ideal. but one cannot know everything and another person coaching you can sometimes be a good boost.

going to talk to one at my doctor's office. won't be a person who happens to be expert in OMD and IMA (which would be some insane bonus). but someone (sort of like a personal trainer or any other personal coach) who can hold you more accountable might help with the daily programming/practical application.
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby yeniseri on Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:31 am

Being a health coach (NASM and Mind Body Integrative person ??? )of some kind) I consider myself part of a complementary team.
I am only a pointer because my modus operandi is always to tell the individual to partner with his medical professional (MD, etc)
and always keep him/her in the health loop.
I can never be my own coach despite my own shortcomings as I just ate some real good
ribs while telling a potential student to watch his intake of fried foods (decrease consumption!) add more green stuff and perhaps
more soups made at home. Another freind told me that I should cut down the intake of cola drinks to a much narrower level ;D
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby everything on Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:45 pm

ah very cool. you don't have to be perfect to give the rest of us good advice or hold us accountable to do better. i could for sure still reduce the occasional ribs and soda and many other bad-good things. in my case, i think my doctor (integrative med) is already excellent. but the doctor doesn't have time for coaching or it would be way too expensive. one of the nurses who works with the doctor is also a coach, so her coaching might be a perfect complement to "doctor's orders". will be finding out.
everything
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:52 pm

I have several clients of the GrahamB health plan.

So far the death rate has been quite high, but the income stream is great.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby everything on Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:07 pm

lolol what kinds of "healthy" activities do they do?
everything
Wuji

Return to Off the Topic