Light filmed at trillion FPS

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Light filmed at trillion FPS

Postby everything on Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:16 am

Last edited by everything on Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Re: Light filmed at trillion FPS

Postby Steve James on Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:09 am

Yeah, I was thinking that we're among the few people ever to have seen that, and our brains have changed because of it.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby everything on Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:37 pm

I like how he says it’s like you’re looking at the base of the Universe and no human should ever have seen it.

Wish they tried to explain how a camera can be so fast, light looks slower.
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Dmitri on Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:16 am

Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby everything on Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:21 am

It’s amazing. Wish I could wrap my brain around it.

It’s almost as fast as light?
everything
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:01 pm

Well, the camera is able to show the effect of photons on molecules passing through an environment. We can't "see" faster. The camera is the trick to slow it down.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:12 pm

Steve James wrote:Well, the camera is able to show the effect of photons on molecules passing through an environment. We can't "see" faster. The camera is the trick to slow it down.

So wait, are you saying that if you play a real-time video of a light beam at twice the speed, it'll be all black? :D

P. S. I love what this does to my brain, BTW. I've never been on LSD, but I suspect it might be a similar sensation, in a way
Last edited by Dmitri on Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:01 pm

Seeing faster than light would mean "seeing" backward in time. Put it like this, stuff (any event) happens and then it takes a maximum the speed of light for us to "see" it. You know, "light years" away, or the time it takes a photon from the sun to reach the earth. That's the constant. Seeing faster than light (which doesn't make logical (cause-effect) sense) would mean seeing it before it was caused. It would break or reverse cause-effect, if that makes sense.

What was that 80s Superman movie where he saved Lois by flying counter-clockwise around the Earth. It's all in the timing :)
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby ThomasK on Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:47 am

https://dmytry.github.io/space/

Relativistic spaceship

Simulation of what happens when a spaceship goes closer and closer to speed of light

Left bar adjusts speed forwards and backwards

I think its really cool. And sort of what happens when you turn the light around, some people describe their encounter with God as pure white light etc
ThomasK
Mingjing

Return to Off the Topic