The Rum Soaked Fist

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: The Rum Soaked Fist

Postby Felipe Bidó on Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:49 am

Jake wrote:
Felipe Bidó wrote:Well, "The Opium Foot" name was taken...

See.... Now that would'a been a cool name! ;D ;D ;D

I know..I know...

Don't take it all. Gimme that pipe
“Shut up. Your mouth is like my mother’s vagina; just a hole that disappointments come out of.” - Robert Brockway, Cracked.com
Felipe Bidó
Founder

Postby Michael Babin on Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:53 am

I have never met Felipe but I have always respected the tone and content of his posting on the site over the years so I can live with the name because of its association with him and apparent general popularity.

On the other hand, it is a stupid name for a serious discussion forum and new members in particular may jump to the wrong conclusions. Oh, and in practical terms, I like rum and having a drink but I have also thrown new students [usually young and male] out of my classes for showing up intoxicated or stoned. It isn't smart to train martially with even a couple of drinks or tokes under your belt.
My Website [with a link to my Youtube Channel] https://sites.google.com/view/mbtaiji/home
Michael Babin
Wuji

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:56 am

Jake wrote:OK OK... Guys... I'm sorry I don't like the name. OK? :-X

I'll probably learn to love it and will be defending it against all evil nay-sayers in the future! ;D

Cheers guys... Didn't mean for this to start blowing up.

Geez, I need a drink now. ;)

See if you had a drink first this all could have been avoided and you Ashe and Josealb could be singing drinking songs together. ;D
I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a

bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill
DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:57 am

Michael Babin wrote:I have never met Felipe but I have always respected the tone and content of his posting on the site over the years so I can live with the name because of its association with him and apparent general popularity.

On the other hand, it is a stupid name for a serious discussion forum and new members in particular may jump to the wrong conclusions. Oh, and in practical terms, I like rum and having a drink but I have also thrown new students [usually young and male] out of my classes for showing up intoxicated or stoned. It isn't smart to train martially with even a couple of drinks or tokes under your belt.

Actually I think a drunken class would be a great idea. A lot of confrontations happen at bars, so you can get to experience practicing while intoxicated ;D
I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a

DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Postby Bhassler on Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:58 am

For the record, Jake wasn't actually complaining per se, he just said he thought the name was stupid. My dog acts stupid, but that's not the reason I sometimes want to kill her. I want to kill her because her thick coat would make an awesome hat. There's no reason to cast dispersions on Jake or anyone else for their opinion, otherwise it wouldn't be a forum so much a a cult (how does one say "The Cult of Bido" in Chinese?).

To put it another way, I would like to quote a revered member of this forum who posts under the mysterious pseudonym of "Ian":

MY VAGINA HURTS

Just be glad it's not "the cum soaked fist"...
What I'm after isn't flexible bodies, but flexible brains.
--Moshe Feldenkrais
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby Josealb on Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:58 am

Hell, i just might pop open a green fairy tonight to mark the occasion. Got my sugar cubes ready. ;D
Man carcass in alley this morning...
Josealb
Great Old One

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:02 am

Josealb wrote:Hell, i just might pop open a green fairy tonight to mark the occasion. Got my sugar cubes ready. ;D

You are giving me ideas now. I have 3 bottles at home. Alas I will probably be drinking in a bar tonight though.

DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Postby mixjourneyman on Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:04 am

GrahamB wrote:
Jake wrote:Thanks Mix.

Thanks for explaining it in a cool and non confrontational way. YOU should be a mod.

Cheers!

Mix should be a Mod? Jesus, that's fucked up..... ;D

I know man, I'm trembling with fear of the kind of shit that I would do.
Hello kitty avatars for everyone.... Oh wait, file pi already did that.... hahaha. ;D

Either way, that would be a very, very bad idea. :D
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby Ian on Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:14 am

those rums... I'd buy those...

am susceptible to advertising like that.
Ian

Postby Felipe Bidó on Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:41 am

Ah..the old days... I remember two comments..:

- (On the Kungfu Online forums, back in 2002): "Emptyflower is a good martial arts forum, when they are not talking about skirts or drinks, or maidens in the 17th century"

- And Mike Sigman (I think it was him) in his first time on the forum: "How can this be a serious IMA forum when you have pictures of ladies wearing bikinis..!!"

I don't know why these two comments came to my mind...maybe because I was thinking about dichotomy...or it's the carrot+celery juice I had this morning.
“Shut up. Your mouth is like my mother’s vagina; just a hole that disappointments come out of.” - Robert Brockway, Cracked.com
Felipe Bidó
Founder

Postby GrahamB on Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:48 am

Felipe Bidó wrote: "How can this be a serious IMA forum when you have pictures of ladies wearing bikinis..!!"

How can it not? ;D
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby bailewen on Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:07 am

Just because
Click here for my Baji Leitai clip.
www.xiangwuhui.com

p.s. the name is pronounced "buy le when"
bailewen
Great Old One

Postby Felipe Bidó on Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:24 am

It's an old tradition...very old:

The hieroglyps read: "Drinking Brugal"
Felipe Bidó
Founder

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:48 am

Michael Babin wrote:I have never met Felipe but I have always respected the tone and content of his posting on the site over the years so I can live with the name because of its association with him and apparent general popularity.

In my school, there were vodka classes, where you had the option of training drunk. That was before my time. Just saying.

I love the new name. As it was mentioned before, it captures the essence of the forum: martial arts discussions in an informal and relaxed way.
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby shawnsegler on Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:10 am

on that note

I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic