Vaslav Klaus tells it like it is ...

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Vaslav Klaus tells it like it is ...

Postby MikeC on Sat May 31, 2008 4:16 am

nianfong wrote:most of the economic problems in this country are caused by our pointless "war" in iraq. afghanistan's need cannot be denied, but iraq is taxing our resources way more than anything else. we're more in debt now than ever before. why do you think the dollar is worth so little now?

The war which the Dems have not chosen to end yet, even though they were elected on that very singular issue in 2006. And I agree, the rampant overspending of the war has caused us to go into debt, our dollar value to go down and all of the fallout that a weakening dollar will bring.
Shame.

Mike
MikeC

Postby Ian on Sat May 31, 2008 6:29 am

Darth Rock&Roll wrote:Hey I'm down with the eagles and the tittes, but the kids? Nah, that's someone elses groove.
Frankly, I don't have a lot of use fo eagles either.

so for me, freedom is strictly about the titties.

FREEDOM!!!! for all my friends! :D

Freedom is not something I want to share with my friends...
Ian

Postby TaoJoannes on Sat May 31, 2008 4:23 pm

edededed wrote:Not sure why environmentalism is seen as Communist - it's not like the old USSR or the current China were/are at the forefront of this movement or anything... Quite the opposite, really...

Because communism is bad, and sound environmental policies, when enforced against large corporations, tend to cause an increase in overhead costs, which forces that company to choose one of the following strategies

a) Keep prices the same, keep other costs the same, and not provide as much profit to shareholders
b) increase prices, keep other costs static, and risk being beaten in the marketplace by someone who's figured out a cheaper way to do the same thing, possibly risking the amount of profit shareholders make
c) keep prices the same, reduce other costs, and risk being beaten in the market by someone who's managed to retain quality, thus risking the amount of profit shareholders make

therefore, in order to help ensure the best possible return on the shareholder's investment, it makes more sense to spend millions waging a propaganda campaign to convince John Q. Public that forcing corporations to treat the environment well is somehow communist and can only end with the citizenry being forced into homosexual islamofascist veganism at gunpoint.
oh qué una tela enredada que tejemos cuando primero practicamos para engañar
TaoJoannes
Wuji

Postby I-mon on Sat May 31, 2008 6:28 pm

Tao Joannes = IGNORED!
I-mon
Great Old One

Postby TaoJoannes on Sat May 31, 2008 6:31 pm

Homosexual islamofacist vegan! :D
TaoJoannes
Wuji

Postby nianfong on Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:09 am

MikeC wrote:The war which the Dems have not chosen to end yet, even though they were elected on that very singular issue in 2006. And I agree, the rampant overspending of the war has caused us to go into debt, our dollar value to go down and all of the fallout that a weakening dollar will bring.
Shame.

um.

WHAT?

um.

the democrats are in NO WAY preventing troop withdrawal. "the decider" is the commander in chief. If he does not withdraw the troops, cuts in funding from the government will only serve to get our men killed.

haven't you even heard what mccain is saying about troop withdrawal? or ANYTHING that bush has said? that he won't until the war is "won"? a war which we will never win.

-Fong
Last edited by nianfong on Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
nianfong
Administrator

Postby TaoJoannes on Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:20 am

Eric wrote:
MikeC wrote:Since voting in a Democratic Congress in 2006 we have seen:
2) The cost of regular gasoline soar to over $3.50 a gallon;
America voted for change in 2006, and we got it!

MikeC wrote:Yes, George Bush sets the price of a barrel of oil. Thanks for that tip.

Shhh, you may make someone's head explode.
TaoJoannes
Wuji

Postby MikeC on Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:32 am

nianfong wrote:
MikeC wrote:
nianfong wrote:The war which the Dems have not chosen to end yet, even though they were elected on that very singular issue in 2006. And I agree, the rampant overspending of the war has caused us to go into debt, our dollar value to go down and all of the fallout that a weakening dollar will bring.
Shame.

um.

WHAT?

um.

the democrats are in NO WAY preventing troop withdrawal. "the decider" is the commander in chief. If he does not withdraw the troops, cuts in funding from the government will only serve to get our men killed.

Sounds like anothe excuse. 'Timetables' for troop withdrawl and all that other shit. Cmon Fong, the Dems are supposed to pull the plug on this thing right?

haven't you even heard what mccain is saying about troop withdrawal? or ANYTHING that bush has said? that he won't until the war is "won"? a war which we will never win.

Then have the liberal-elite Dems do something about it.

Mike
MikeC

Postby MikeC on Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:34 am

TaoJoannes wrote:
Eric wrote:
MikeC wrote:Since voting in a Democratic Congress in 2006 we have seen:
2) The cost of regular gasoline soar to over $3.50 a gallon;
America voted for change in 2006, and we got it!

MikeC wrote:Yes, George Bush sets the price of a barrel of oil. Thanks for that tip.

Shhh, you may make someone's head explode.

Nah, he's got nothing between his ears.
;D
MikeC

Postby nianfong on Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:13 pm

MikeC wrote:Sounds like anothe excuse. 'Timetables' for troop withdrawl and all that other shit. Cmon Fong, the Dems are supposed to pull the plug on this thing right?

the democratic "excuse" is called the constitution. the president is the commander in chief of the armed forces. how the fuck can you even blame the war on the democrats? it's bush's war, and the congress can't tell the army generals to withdraw, no matter how much they vote down budgets.

Then have the liberal-elite Dems do something about it.

Mike

oh we will. once the white house is ours again.
Last edited by nianfong on Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nianfong
Administrator

Postby Walter Joyce on Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:10 am

fong,

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

Personally, I'm done discussing issues with people whose minds are already made up to the point where it is obvious that no matter what evidence you present or argument you make they will find a way to distort the facts and ignore reason in order to protect their world view.

I've said it before and I'll try again, minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open.

Walter
The more one sweats during times of peace the less one bleeds during times of war.

Ideology offers human beings the illusion of dignity and morals while making it easier to part with them.
Walter Joyce
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic