The end of days

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

The end of days

Postby kenneth delves on Wed May 28, 2008 4:17 pm

We laugh at the Evangelists as they prattle on about the end of days but what if they are right? Earthquakes typhoons, screwed up weather, are we due for dead frogs raining on us and all the southern baptists defying gravity and floating up to the sky while all us lesser beings are prodded by devils forks
kenneth delves
Great Old One

Re: The end of days

Postby Mike Strong on Wed May 28, 2008 4:22 pm

So what if it is ?

... wouldn't put my money on the Baptists though. ;D

"If there is a hell down below, - we're all going to go" !
- Curtis Mayfield
Mike Strong

Postby shawnsegler on Wed May 28, 2008 4:33 pm

My thoughts on this are mirrored starting at about 3:47 here.

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby Ben on Wed May 28, 2008 4:33 pm

One thing I feel confident about is that heaven would be mostly viod of southern baptists.
Never confuse movement with action.
-Ernest Hemingway
Ben
Great Old One

Postby Craig on Wed May 28, 2008 4:42 pm

Christians dont believe in gravity!
Craig
Great Old One

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Wed May 28, 2008 7:30 pm

THere ain't nothing wrong with southern baptists you heathen devil children. Now the catholics are screwed when it comes to heaven.
I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a

bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill
DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Postby qiphlow on Wed May 28, 2008 8:01 pm

no beginning, no end. only RIGHT NOW.
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby chud on Wed May 28, 2008 9:03 pm

End of days? No, not yet. Warning? Yes.
chud
Great Old One

Postby Muad'dib on Wed May 28, 2008 9:17 pm

2012 baby.
I am no longer allowed to make statements regarding international politics in a public forum.
Muad'dib
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Wed May 28, 2008 10:29 pm

Craig wrote:Christians dont believe in gravity!

Don't understand the statement. I am a Christian and I cannot get off the ground by flapping my arms. Airline service is so bad, would that I could, but it's no go.

I rather think some things that pass for current on this board, with regard to what Christiains think and do, bear no resemblance to what actual Christians actually think, do and believe.

Anybody who cringes at Chink jokes might find the time to consider this.
Last edited by klonk on Wed May 28, 2008 10:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby ashe on Wed May 28, 2008 10:50 pm

kenneth delves wrote:We laugh at the Evangelists as they prattle on about the end of days but what if they are right? Earthquakes typhoons, screwed up weather, are we due for dead frogs raining on us and all the southern baptists defying gravity and floating up to the sky while all us lesser beings are prodded by devils forks

all times of rapid change are seen as the "beginning of the end".

i'm sure every european thought the world was sure to end during the black plague.

it's just the sense of instability.
discipline, concentration & wisdom
----------------------------------------
http://fallingleaveskungfu.com/
Facebook
Instagram
ashe
Great Old One

Postby I-mon on Wed May 28, 2008 10:56 pm

earthquakes and weather are crazy and all that, but human society is the thing going through the craziest changes, IMO. sure we do all the same stuff we've always done, but we're doing a whole lot of stuff now we've never done before in any recorded or remembered history. speed and distance of travel, internet, beginnings of global society, crazy computers and machines and pollution, all the advances of knowledge and medicine but weakening and general confusion of average humans, and genetic engineering - this is HUGE! this is really big stuff happening right now in our lifetimes. big changes. genetic engineering of crops and stuff is cool and potentially weird and amazing, but genetic engineering of ourselves is where things are beginning to get really interesting.

on the one hand, it's us same old humans doing the same old shit, but on the other hand...imagine if humans survive even another 100 years with uninterrupted scientific and technological research and developement....
Last edited by I-mon on Wed May 28, 2008 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I-mon
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Wed May 28, 2008 11:26 pm

I-mon wrote:earthquakes and weather are crazy and all that, but human society is the thing going through the craziest changes, IMO. sure we do all the same stuff we've always done, but we're doing a whole lot of stuff now we've never done before in any recorded or remembered history. speed and distance of travel, internet, beginnings of global society, crazy computers and machines and pollution, all the advances of knowledge and medicine but weakening and general confusion of average humans, and genetic engineering - this is HUGE! this is really big stuff happening right now in our lifetimes. big changes. genetic engineering of crops and stuff is cool and potentially weird and amazing, but genetic engineering of ourselves is where things are beginning to get really interesting.

on the one hand, it's us same old humans doing the same old shit, but on the other hand...imagine if humans survive even another 100 years with uninterrupted scientific and technological research and developement....

The ship sails on, but with a lot of garbage in the wake.

My generation invented politically motivated, grant driven pseudo-science. Abortion on demand. The death of ethichcal thought, "That's true for you, but it might not be right for me." Moral codes overboard. Ahoy.

I am not happy about this genetic engneering idea. If Bill Clinton were in charge of it, we would have men with energetic peckers, a thirst for power, and no morals, and the labs would turn them out by he thousands. One was enough.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby I-mon on Thu May 29, 2008 12:48 am

how about a rich elite who are naturally stronger, smarter and healthier with longer lifespans, and then have access to fresh new organs cloned from their own bodies? people always want the best for their children. of course there are bound to be mistakes along the way. possibly disasterous mistakes, capable of wiping out the human race a la "I AM LEGEND" etc, but whatever, my point is only that we live in exciting times.
I-mon
Great Old One

Postby Mike Strong on Thu May 29, 2008 3:30 am

Hey Klonk, - I'm not a Christian, but I agree, - that there is a lot of mean spirited Christian bashing on this site that gets a pass where bashing other other groups doesn't, ...

... but eschatology is inherintly funny.

My mother and grandmother are Catholic, and I'm sure they pray the rosery for me every day, (and just so you know, I'm always nice to the door-to-door Christians that knock on my door and give me pamphlets about Jesus) ...

... Jesus is alright with me.

Peace
Mike Strong

Next

Return to Off the Topic