OK, I'll go out on a limb

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

OK, I'll go out on a limb

Postby Walter Joyce on Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:34 am

I've raised the issue before and few even noticed, so I'll make a prediction based on recent developments.

The winning ticket for the presidential election will be Barack Obama as President and Hillary Clinton as Vice President.

Here is my only qualifier: Clinton will have to concede before the convention and can not challenge the Democratic party's decision regarding the Michigan delegates.

8-)
The more one sweats during times of peace the less one bleeds during times of war.

Ideology offers human beings the illusion of dignity and morals while making it easier to part with them.
Walter Joyce
Great Old One

Re: OK, I'll go out on a limb

Postby Michael on Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:37 am

Bilderberger, June 2006, Ottawa. Hillary was there, Obama wasn't. Hillary will be Prez.
Michael

Postby shawnsegler on Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:52 am

Even Oodle knows about the Illuminati.

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby MikeC on Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:03 am

Walter Joyce wrote:I've raised the issue before and few even noticed, so I'll make a prediction based on recent developments.

The winning ticket for the presidential election will be Barack Obama as President and Hillary Clinton as Vice President.

8-)

Somehow I don't think so. IIRC, both Hitlery and Obama have said they wouldn't go as running mates together. If Obama pulls a JohnKerry (flip-flops) and chooses Hitlery as his running mate he would lose even more credibility than he already has.

Personally, if I was in Obama's shoes I would probably pick Howard Dean as running mate. He could get him the most votes I believe.

Mike
MikeC

Postby steelincotton on Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:29 am

I would prefer Obama to pick General Wes Clarke as his VP. That would give him the military experience he lacks on the ticket, and Wes was against the war from the start as well, so he would fit well with Obama's message.

As much as I don't care for Hillary, there is no doubt an Obama/Clinton ticket would win easily (between the both of them they've brought in over 35 million votes and that's just for the primary). They probably hate each other though, but it's going to be hard to ignore that fact for Obama. Kennedy didn't like his VP either, so sometimes we have to do what we have to do to get a good man in the big seat.
steelincotton
Huajing

Postby Michael on Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:03 am

shawnsegler wrote:Even Oodle knows about the Illuminati.

S

It's the best entertainment available. Fulford's ultimatum is so far out there that as a movie even Charlie Sheen fans would walk out.

Now you've gone and made me hijack Walter's thread. Sorry Walter, but politics is boring and conspiracies are much more fun. :)
Michael

Postby TaoJoannes on Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:05 am

Conspiracy of apathy is more like it.
oh qué una tela enredada que tejemos cuando primero practicamos para engañar
TaoJoannes
Wuji

Postby Walter Joyce on Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:02 am

Michael wrote:
shawnsegler wrote:Even Oodle knows about the Illuminati.

S
Now you've gone and made me hijack Walter's thread. Sorry Walter, but politics is boring and conspiracies are much more fun. :)

Truth be told when I first came back I had hope that the discussions on the board would be substantive, but that hasn't been the case after the first week or so. The signal to noise ratio is the same as before I left last time and hijacking threads is, as it has been for a long time, standard fare here.

Let's face it, this isn't a serious IMA forum anymore, it's mainly here for distraction and entertainment value.

I'd say at least 1/3 to 1/2 of this board have proven that they have no faith in internal methods and seem to be here just to criticize or make fun of internal practices. The ones who are posting on internal methods lately seem to be choosing the most controversial and least helpful discussions.

I said that I don't think talking or writing about fighting is helpful, and I'm starting to believe the same thing about internal training methods. Both are things that are best learned face to face. I am grateful for the information that has been shared here, but truth is I'm getting comfortable with my understanding of internal methods, partly through discussion here but mainly through practice. The only regret I have relating to IMA is that I wasn't shown actual training methods until my 40's.

No, I'm not storming off or deleting my account, even I enjoy entertainment from time to time.

I'll take a page from meeks, don't try to force your present experience to match your expectations of a great previous experience, just do your best in the moment, stay aware, and let the new experience teach you what it will.

As for what will happen politically with the presidential race, we'll see in the fall. I could be wrong, but I'm standing by my prediction.

8-)
The more one sweats during times of peace the less one bleeds during times of war.

Ideology offers human beings the illusion of dignity and morals while making it easier to part with them.
Walter Joyce
Great Old One

Postby TaoJoannes on Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:15 am

What a positively random thread to make that statement within.

Hats off to you, Mr. Walter. This may be the most momentous thread-jacking in internet history.
TaoJoannes
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:37 am

Well, I agree that the logical ticket is some combination of Clinton/Obama or Obama/Clinton. Hillary actually asked them to think about it after Obama won a few primaries. Obama, at that point, of course, turned down the offer.

However, she's not the only choice that would help his ticket (i.e., would strengthen his support base in areas where it is weak. As someone already pointed out, Kennedy chose Johnson so that he could get the Southern vote. So, Bill Richardson or a Senator from a southern state would fit the bill.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby TaoJoannes on Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:46 am

Hey, I got it!

Barack Obama and Ron Paul!:D
TaoJoannes
Wuji

Postby steelincotton on Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:06 pm

TaoJoannes wrote:Hey, I got it!

Barack Obama and Ron Paul!:D

Hold on there Tao, let's not get too craaazy! :o
steelincotton
Huajing

Postby TaoJoannes on Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:09 pm

I'm just reaching across the aisle to Dmitri and them.
TaoJoannes
Wuji

Postby steelincotton on Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:13 pm

TaoJoannes wrote:I'm just reaching across the aisle to Dmitri and them.

The interesting thing about this comment is - Obama is the candidate out of the three who would be "most successful" at reaching across the aisle and getting something done. He's quite well liked up in Washington on both sides. Hell, he's already done it in the short time he's been a Senator.

McBush would get nothing done, and Hillary the same more or less, and after all, that's what it's all really about. It's about getting something done and making the kind of positive changes that helps us working classes and society in general. It's no secret that the republicans hate the Clintons, and it's no secret that "most" of the democrats are anti-McSame (except for Lieberman and a few select others), so that leaves us with the only true uniter running in this race, Mr. Barack Obama the new voice of hope and vision to put us back on track. I'm FIRED UP and READY TO GO! YES WE CAN BABY, YES WE CAN!!

Back to Walters point.... Hillary may not know when to quit. The "party" may have to step in and set her straight (meaning Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, and Howard Dean), but if she keeps stirring, I don't think she'll make it on the ticket. If she plays nice, she may. I think we'll know by the end of this week or so.
Last edited by steelincotton on Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
steelincotton
Huajing

Postby Walter Joyce on Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:34 pm

steelincotton wrote:Back to Walters point.... Hillary may not know when to quit. The "party" may have to step in and set her straight (meaning Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, and Howard Dean), but if she keeps stirring, I don't think she'll make it on the ticket. If she plays nice, she may. I think we'll know by the end of this week or so.

See:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/02/us/po ... ?th&emc=th

That is what got me thinking. As for difference during the primary my thought is that politicians can easily set those aside as part of the process. Sure, it gets personal sometimes but I don't think anything that happened in this primary will make it anything but business as usual in politics.

Steve, you're right, there are other possible candidates for the number 2 spot that could help out, but my thinking is none are quite as strong as Hillary.

Anyway, I just wanted to be the first on the "elitist-liberal" side of the EF aisle to make a prediction given all the "Obama can't won" noise from the other side of the aisle, shall we call them the "conservative/libertarian noneilteists as a form of elitism" or is that too awkward?

::)

8-)

Walter Joyce
Great Old One

Next

Return to Off the Topic