Crazy office guy

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Crazy office guy

Postby TaoJoannes on Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:38 am

Yeah, as soon as he hit that chick with the monitor, I'd have been introducing him to new worlds of pain and helplessness. I like to think.
oh qué una tela enredada que tejemos cuando primero practicamos para engañar
TaoJoannes
Wuji

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:33 am

I like to think the same.
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby Gary on Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:05 am

I worked for ten years in a grocery store in a bad neighborhood. Shit like that was a pretty regular occurance.(usually customers fighting though) This video should be good motivation for everyone to learn some basic takedowns and restraint type holds. Kudos to the guy that had the balls to grab the axe. Too bad he didn't take his knee out with the blunt side on the head.
Makes me all jumpy and anxious watching!
Gary
Santi

Postby Gary on Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:06 am

Michael wrote:When well-dressed white guys begin attacking office furniture, it's usually because of one thing:

PC LOAD LETTER

heh, heh, heh
Gary
Santi

Postby Bär on Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:20 am

kenneth delves wrote:Dont underestimate antidepressants, many of the recent shootups at schools were by people on antidepressants. The weird thing is that they were said to be off their medications, they would have been better if they were never on them

Yikes. I didn't know that.
Bär
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:06 pm

Last edited by Michael on Sun May 20, 2018 8:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Michael

Postby Ian on Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:08 pm

Working in a cubicle farm myself, I can honestly say that I would've acted as soon as crazymofo hit weakspineless with the keyboard. As much due to boredom as my desire to do good. I probably would've taken him down and restrained him.

But it's completely understandable why people snap like that. On bad days, you can really feel the latent hostility in my office block.

For example, yesterday night getting off work, I was on the escalator and needed to cough. I covered my mouth and turned away from the guy in front of me. He snapped his head around and glared as if I'd SPAT on him or something. Then he started muttering "fuck you, fuck your mother" etc. under his breath. Then he got off at the bottom of the escalator and squared off with me and started flipping me off.

Fine by me... I immediately started coming at him, shouting "ok let's go!" He promptly changed his mind and literally ran away.

This from a guy who looked like a 45 year old loan manager.

I'm 23 and foolish. I have an excuse :)
Last edited by Ian on Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ian

Postby Michael on Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:33 pm

Hey, at least he had good English.
Michael

Postby Ian on Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:26 am

Ian

Postby Chris Fleming on Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:54 am

The first thing I would think if this happened at my work would be: Ok, I get to hit someone now!
Chris Fleming

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:07 am

Was that russian? Looks like the guys who took him down were security dudes. This means that they are limited by what they are allowed to do (though the kicks when he was down probably mean that by then they didn't care that much).

Systema rulz! ;D
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby Ian on Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:05 am

More evidence that martial artists think differently from joe average.

Got sent the same video via mass email. I wrote

I would've stepped in right after he hit the guy with his keyboard. Strange to see everyone taking so long to respond.

And some random guy whom I don't know replied

Stepped in? How would you do that, big man?

Everyone thinks that about themselves- we all want to believe we're independent creatures.

But if this video shows anything, it's that anyone can easily be reduced to a passive, panic-stricken bystander. Sorry, I find your account of your own hypothetical heroism a little implausible.

;D
Ian

Postby Dmitri on Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:14 am

Darthwing Teorist wrote:Was that russian?

OMG it sure is...

Forget all the talk about bad medications then. This is normal behavior. ;D
(seriously though, medications of that sort are, or at least were, very rare there)
Dmitri
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic