Bush Lies

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Bush Lies

Postby Steve James on Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:24 am

Well, for me, it's not about the lying; sometimes, it might be necessary to lie. I would lie to save a life. However, when I compare the cost of life that comes from a lie, I am not so forgiving. I.e., it's not the "lie" that's immoral; it's the results. Like someone else said, it wasn't just Bush. Remember Rummie and Cheney, et al.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:21 am

No one expects there not to be deception and corruption in government or any other power structure, especially at the top, but the depth and the breadth are out of hand.
Last edited by Michael on Sun May 20, 2018 8:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Michael

Postby qiphlow on Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:56 am

ninepalace wrote:you guys are so stupid. we need to stand by our president. it's so obvious the WMDs were destroyed before we could get to them. and what about those aluminum tubes? god wanted mr. bush to be elected for two terms and if you can't handle his plan unfolding then you can just go back to your own country.

please tell me you are being sarcastic. please.
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:16 am

Well, what I see is that everyone says that "someone" or "something" (i.e., the gov) is corrupt; but, they also go on to say "not my politician." Or, "the people" are this or that or ignorant, but not "me." Many people seem to think that "the people" are not "me, my family, my gov, my country." So, for ex., people will say that the administration is corrupt and deceptive, but don't let anyone say that "you" or "America" is corrupt. Clearly, this current administration makes it easy for any other country to call this country hypocritical.

In the end, I agree with you that we accept too much. Otoh, I listen regularly to NPR. (So, I can give up any hopes of public office). On that station I have heard all sorts of theories about the US, imperialism, corruption, etc. Mostly, Mike, almost everything that you have ever said. Btw, I have heard everything that Jeremiah Wright said in his sermon on NPR for decades, and that includes the "US scientists invented the 'AIDS' virus and that Bush/Cheney were behind 911.

Anyway, yeah, the news in the US generally sucks big time. But, there are plenty of outlets, national and international, for obtaining information. What we can't expect, however, is that "the people" (i.e., other individuals) to agree. Just because they disagree or are skeptical does not mean that they are ignorant or sheep. And, even if they are, they still deserve lead themselves. That's what freedom means, to me.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby meeks on Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:22 pm

you guys are so stupid. we need to stand by our president. it's so obvious the WMDs were destroyed before we could get to them. and what about those aluminum tubes? god wanted mr. bush to be elected for two terms and if you can't handle his plan unfolding then you can just go back to your own country.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or if you banged your head in training the other day...
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:38 pm

i believe that comment is dripping with sarcasm.

although, the tubes were clearly meant to be strung into a series and thereby create the internet, like a dumptruck, in Iraq. That's how it was realy going down wth the tubes. Just ask Al Gore, he knows!
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Buddy on Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:06 pm

Clinton lied to Congress about the bj. Hence, impeachment.
Buddy
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:49 pm

LOL at NPR invalidating your chances of holding public office. :)

Corruption occurs because of human nature, and if I were in power it's likely that it would happen to me as well. It's just that our system is designed to minimize corruption and prevent it from becoming exponential by separating govt. into three branches and allowing for the checks and balances. We've all of us in a political and social sense, which is also reflected truly in a physical sense that is obvious, have become sick because of the loss of balance. I think some of the main sources for the problem have been identified, but you're right Steve, we don't all agree on what they are.
Michael

Postby ninepalace on Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:33 pm

qiphlow wrote:please tell me you are being sarcastic. please.

no. you need to go back to your own country if you don't like it.
ninepalace

Postby Buddy on Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:37 pm

OK noob, you best turn the bass down a bit. Mr. Meeks outranks you whatever your god might think.
Buddy
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:53 am

wow ninepalace. I thought you were kidding too. bush is the worst president in history. your god is clearly the dumb one.
nianfong
Administrator

Postby I-mon on Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:13 am

i find it truly amazing that americans, coming from ireland, england, and scotland, somehow lost their ancestors natural afinity for sarcasm.

but yes, bush should be impeached. i'm not entirely sure what impeachment entails, but he and his cronies should be turned out of office in disgrace and punished according to the law.
I-mon
Great Old One

Postby ninepalace on Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:47 am

I-mon wrote:i find it truly amazing that americans, coming from ireland, england, and scotland, somehow lost their ancestors natural afinity for sarcasm.

no kidding! man, that last post i typed took me like 3 minutes because i was laughing till tears came from my eyes.

but ya'll can still go back to your own country. LOL!
ninepalace

Postby qiphlow on Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:24 pm

ninepalace wrote:
qiphlow wrote:please tell me you are being sarcastic. please.

no. you need to go back to your own country if you don't like it.

i am in my own country, and george bush and company are the worst fucking thing that has happened to my country in my lifetime. just my opinion, though. yours obviously differs.
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby Chris Fleming on Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:52 pm

ninepalace wrote:
I-mon wrote:i find it truly amazing that americans, coming from ireland, england, and scotland, somehow lost their ancestors natural afinity for sarcasm.

no kidding! man, that last post i typed took me like 3 minutes because i was laughing till tears came from my eyes.

but ya'll can still go back to your own country. LOL!

don't worry, I got the sarcasm. And you can still go back to your own country! ;D
Chris Fleming

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic