what are you listening to right now?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: what are you listening to right now?

Postby aamc on Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:01 pm

aamc
Wuji

Postby Taste of Death on Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:21 pm

"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
Taste of Death
Wuji

Postby aamc on Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:20 pm

aamc
Wuji

Bhangra Club Mix

Postby yeniseri on Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:26 pm

Last edited by yeniseri on Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:33 pm, edited 5 times in total.
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby Quigga on Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:47 am

Try beatboxing and singing, throat singing, inward bass... Learning to utilize breath can after some practice allow one to issue force as easily on inhale as on exhale. Actions can be executed much quicker and distance is no issue anymore. The force generated can be harmful to both practitioner and partner though, so care is advised if choosing to experiment with this. There is NO tucking or untucking of pelvis involved, you can do it with kicks throws shoulders etc

I recommend learning basic drums from beatboxing and various bass. Then go for power generation and see how you can connect the verbal structures and all that jazz to the rest of your body structure.
Quigga

Postby Quigga on Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:00 am

Last edited by Quigga on Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quigga

Postby Quigga on Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:23 am

Prepare for the storm
Oops, I just clenched my left hand too hard, still hurts
You think you can get away with this
But you're yet to enter the whirlwind
Enjoy the silence while it lasts
Demons were never slain with love but uncovered
Quigga

Postby Quigga on Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:25 am

It's all a big hahaha anyways
A walking paradoxon
How can infinity change and fluidity be solid
Quigga

Postby Quigga on Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:35 am

Peace and love
Quigga

Postby wiesiek on Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:41 am

Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Quigga on Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:06 am

Hm okay :D
Quigga

Postby shawnsegler on Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:13 pm

It's been so long since I've posted on this thread....

Last edited by shawnsegler on Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby Quigga on Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:38 pm

You've been bigger mystery to me than Jimmy, Shawn. But I like you. Song you posted reminds me of:

Quigga

Postby origami_itto on Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:38 pm

The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Appledog on Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:03 pm

"Rainy Days and Mondays" is a 1971 song by the Carpenters, with instrumental backing by L.A. session musicians from the Wrecking Crew, that went to number 2 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. It's Too Late/I Feel the Earth Move by Carole King kept it from number 1. "Rainy Days and Mondays" was the duo's fourth number 1 song on the Adult Contemporary singles chart. However, the song failed to chart in the United Kingdom until it went to number 63 in a reissue there in 1993. "Rainy Days and Mondays" was certified Gold by the RIAA.

The song was composed in 1971 by the then fairly unknown composers Roger Nichols and Paul Williams. It was released as the first track on the album Carpenters, popularly known as the Tan Album, and the B-side on the single is "Saturday", written and sung by Richard Carpenter.

The Carpenters (officially known as Carpenters) were an American vocal and instrumental duo consisting of siblings Karen (1950–1983) and Richard Carpenter (born 1946). They produced a distinct soft musical style, combining Karen's contralto vocals with Richard's harmonizing, arranging and composition skills. During their 14-year career, the Carpenters recorded 10 albums along with numerous singles and several television specials.

The siblings were born in New Haven, Connecticut, and moved to Downey, California, in 1963. Richard took piano lessons as a child, progressing to California State University, Long Beach, while Karen learned the drums. They first performed together as a duo in 1965 and formed the jazz-oriented Richard Carpenter Trio followed by the middle-of-the-road group Spectrum. Signing as Carpenters to A&M Records in 1969, they achieved major success the following year with the hit singles "(They Long to Be) Close to You" and "We've Only Just Begun". The duo's brand of melodic pop produced a record-breaking run of hit recordings on the American Top 40 and Adult Contemporary charts, and they became leading sellers in the soft rock, easy listening and adult contemporary music genres. They had three number-one singles and five number-two singles on the Billboard Hot 100 and 15 number-one hits on the Adult Contemporary chart, in addition to 12 top-10 singles.

The duo toured continually during the 1970s, which put them under increased strain; Richard took a year off in 1979 after he had become addicted to Quaalude, while Karen suffered from anorexia nervosa. Their joint career ended in 1983 when Karen died from heart failure brought on by complications of anorexia. Extensive news coverage surrounding these circumstances increased public awareness of eating disorders. Their music continues to attract critical acclaim and commercial success. They have sold more than 90 million records worldwide, making them one of the best-selling music artists of all time.
Last edited by Appledog on Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Appledog
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic