Is Michelle Obama a Racist?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Is Michelle Obama a Racist?

Postby MikeC on Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:59 pm

An interesting blog about Mrs. Obama, including her thesis and whatnot.

You decide...

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/if-michell ... at-is-she/
MikeC

Re: Is Michelle Obama a Racist?

Postby TaoJoannes on Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:15 pm

Yeah, it's a pretty disgusting blog.
oh qué una tela enredada que tejemos cuando primero practicamos para engañar
TaoJoannes
Wuji

Postby mixjourneyman on Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:24 pm

So the problem is that she is aware of racial tensions?
Conservative American's seem also to be aware of racial tensions.
How odd. :-\
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby MikeC on Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:03 pm

http://www.thetartan.org/2008/4/7/news/obama

Some excerpts:

While the crowd was indeed diverse, some students at the event questioned the practices of Mrs. Obama’s event coordinators, who handpicked the crowd sitting behind Mrs. Obama. The Tartan’s correspondents observed one event coordinator say to another, “Get me more white people, we need more white people.” To an Asian girl sitting in the back row, one coordinator said, “We’re moving you, sorry. It’s going to look so pretty, though.”

“I didn’t know they would say, ‘We need a white person here,’ ” said attendee and senior psychology major Shayna Watson, who sat in the crowd behind Mrs. Obama. “I understood they would want a show of diversity, but to pick up people and to reseat them, I didn’t know it would be so outright.”
MikeC

Postby TaoJoannes on Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:09 pm

Is there an issue hiding somewhere?
TaoJoannes
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:30 pm

I dunno, but I heard that someone read on a blog somewhere that her uncle's niece's nephew was an alcoholic. Yeah, I wouldn't want somebody like that in power :)
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby TaoJoannes on Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:01 pm

The funny thing about this attempt is that the organizers in question (as well as the journalist reporting on this) are all students of the college that she was speaking at, and in no way part of the core campaign staff.
TaoJoannes
Wuji

Postby CaliG on Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:48 pm

MikeC wrote:http://www.thetartan.org/2008/4/7/news/obama

Some excerpts:

While the crowd was indeed diverse, some students at the event questioned the practices of Mrs. Obama’s event coordinators, who handpicked the crowd sitting behind Mrs. Obama. The Tartan’s correspondents observed one event coordinator say to another, “Get me more white people, we need more white people.” To an Asian girl sitting in the back row, one coordinator said, “We’re moving you, sorry. It’s going to look so pretty, though.”

“I didn’t know they would say, ‘We need a white person here,’ ” said attendee and senior psychology major Shayna Watson, who sat in the crowd behind Mrs. Obama. “I understood they would want a show of diversity, but to pick up people and to reseat them, I didn’t know it would be so outright.”

You just figured out that politicians have people hand pick who is sitting behind them in photo-ops?

To answer your question, yeah she might be racist but I imagine so are a lot of rich white repulicians when they're alone together.

I don't think there's anyone who is completely non-racist, the question is do they do things that'll hurt those other races. I don't think the wife of a president will be able to do anything that could hurt the nation or anyone else for that matter in anyway.
Last edited by CaliG on Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
CaliG

Postby MikeC on Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:20 am

Another log for the campfire.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/8642.html

So why is Princeton witholding her thesis until the November election is over?

Hmm, ok.
;/
MikeC

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:02 am

Barack's a lucky dude. He has a wife who is not only a looker, but is also intelligent and articulate. Plus she is age appropriate for Barack.
Last edited by Darth Rock&Roll on Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby TaoJoannes on Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:54 am

MikeC wrote:Another log for the campfire.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/8642.html

So why is Princeton witholding her thesis until the November election is over?

Hmm, ok.
;/

Where, exactly, did this disconnect with reality begin.

From your link: "Read the full thesis here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4."

Whether or not princeton would release it is immaterial, the Obama campaign has made it available.

And still, I'm wondering if there is an actual issue in this idiocy?
TaoJoannes
Wuji

Postby steelincotton on Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:58 pm

Again, the republicans are doing every thing they can think of NOT to talk about the issues that affect us working Americans. They have nothing of value to add to the campaign except the usual fear and smear, swiftboating character assassinations. Like I said before, it's just a matter of time before these ugly people start attacking the Obama's children. That will be when we ALL should see these guys for what they really are.. Scumbags.

In the meantime, I hope they keep up their worthless and gutless attacks, since most Americans are so sick and tired of it, I'm fairly certain it will only help Obama win by a larger margin. I predict a 15% margin in Obama's favor, when all the votes are counted. Remember, you heard it here first folks....
steelincotton
Huajing

Return to Off the Topic