TUF Finale

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

TUF Finale

Postby chud on Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:55 pm

Wow. Jesse got booted from the show after it was over, because he stayed in Vegas an extra night and went berserk. Personally, I think Dana made the right decision to boot him from the finale. I think it's obvious that he has a drinking problem, not just from the incident after the show, but also because of the fact that he had previously gotten wasted the night before his last fight.
What a waste of an opportunity...
Last edited by chud on Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
chud
Great Old One

Re: TUF Finale

Postby Steve James on Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:13 pm

Jesse just needs to grow up. Dana is right. He's not ready.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby chud on Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:30 pm

Video of Jesse asking for a chance to come back to the UFC: http://www.spike.com/episode/27786/channel/ufc
chud
Great Old One

Postby Muad'dib on Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:35 pm

Here's to hoping this is a "moment of clarity" for the guy. I haven't seen any of the show, so I don't know what else to say. Alcoholism is a disease.
I am no longer allowed to make statements regarding international politics in a public forum.
Muad'dib
Great Old One

Postby chud on Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:42 pm

Yeah, he says in the video that he doesn't drink anymore, and he's going to AA.
chud
Great Old One

Postby MikeC on Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:13 am

chud wrote:Video of Jesse asking for a chance to come back to the UFC: http://www.spike.com/episode/27786/channel/ufc

Haven't watched the vid yet, but IIRC Dana basically said to him "get yourself cleaned up and call me in a few months" when they talked on the show. To me, that means the door is still open somewhat... :-\
MikeC

Postby Muad'dib on Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:17 pm

To me it tells me that Dana doesn't want to be a complete dick on national TV. It will have to be more than a few months, and a fighters career ain't that long.
I am no longer allowed to make statements regarding international politics in a public forum.
Muad'dib
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic