I'm voting Republican because.....

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

I'm voting Republican because.....

Postby steelincotton on Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:08 am

Ain't it the truth baby, ain't it the truth. If you like the last 8 years, you should vote republican.

steelincotton
Huajing

Re: I'm voting Republican because.....

Postby Wuyizidi on Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:02 pm

To be fair, W does not represent the ideals of the Republican party, certainly not in the same sense as Lincoln and TR. The same can be said for the whole lot of them: the Republican congressional leadership from Gingrich onward, the neo-cons... W is simple-minded, easily-manipulated, and totally incompetent. That's all his own fault, nothing to do with being a Republican.

For the good of the country, I'd rather have two healthy, vital political parties, each with a lot of good ideas but opposing viewpoints, competing against each other in the free market of ideas. As a moderate (and Obama supporter), I take no joy at all in the current sorry state of the Republican party (the Democratic party is not in good shape either).

Wuyizidi
勤学,苦练, 慎思, 明辨。
心与境寂,道随悟深。

http://internalmartialart.wordpress.com/
Wuyizidi
Great Old One

Postby Buddy on Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:15 pm

In only two posts we get from the ridiculous to the sublime. Wu, you sir, while we may not agree on this subject are level headed, non dogmatic, even handed...in short- a gentleman. I salute you.
Buddy
Great Old One

Postby Mike Strong on Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:26 pm

... "The Republican Party has been taken over by a bunch of kooks" ... Barry Goldwater 1987

The Republican Party was taken over by the Neo-Cons, - just as The Dems are being taken over by George Sorros and the Code Pink types.

Good Post Wu.
Last edited by Mike Strong on Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Strong

Postby steelincotton on Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:40 am

Some may disagree with my politics, but one thing I can say for sure is, I am most always a gentlemen. I try my best to be anyway.
Last edited by steelincotton on Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
steelincotton
Huajing

Postby MikeC on Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:22 am

steelincotton wrote:Some may disagree with my politics, but one thing I can say for sure is, I am most always a gentlemen. I try my best to be anyway.

And that would be a McShame if you didn't....DOH!
:-X
MikeC

Postby steelincotton on Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:58 am

MikeC wrote:
And that would be a McShame if you didn't....DOH!
:-X

McShame, McSame, McBush... I'm just calling em like I see em. ;)
steelincotton
Huajing

Return to Off the Topic