Blond,blue eyed white boy Al Qaeda Extremist

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Blond,blue eyed white boy Al Qaeda Extremist

Postby juz on Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:24 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... olice.html

the telegraph really is goose stepping these days!!!!!!!!1
What I really need right now is a montage....
juz
Anjing

Re: Blond,blue eyed white boy Al Qaeda Extremist

Postby Michael on Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:28 am

An explanation of the origin of the new and improved "terrorists."

Media, Authorities Hype “Blonde Haired Terrorist” Threat
Michael

Postby Dmitri on Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:39 am

Good one.

Thou shalt keep thy sheeple scared, thus thou shalt maintain thy power.

(BTW, Yoda was called "Thoda" by the natives, when he was helping Merlin to fight the Ori. It's true.)
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:11 am

Luckily, I am not blonde and blue eyed, so I guess that I am safe. ;)

Seriously, WTF is wrong with these people!? [brain freeze]Let's put our brains on hold for a while and assume that this is true. In this case it would seem that "intelligence" agencies are complaining that they no longer can racially profile people. This means that don't do their jobs properly: they target minorities and oppress them (creating more bad feelings) while not considering that everyone can be a threat. This means that they probably let slip a lot of spies and communists through. -sarcasm- [/brain freeze].

PS:

Yeah, let's lock up every boy who has been interested in guns. This is clearly a sign of jihadist affiliation. Maybe we should start with Cheney because according to his record he must be the second incarnation of Bin Laden (shooting at upstanding American citizens is obviously a terrorist act according to this logic). Probably the whole NRA will end up in maximum security prisons too. ::)
Last edited by Darthwing Teorist on Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby meeks on Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:29 am

Two other cases highlighted by the senior policeman were Muslim youths, known only as NH and YH, who were both 15 when they were reported by their communities because they were showing extremist and racist tendencies.

ah yes - the term 'extremist'. a broad, sweeping definition that anyone can fall under given the most opportune context.

I'm an extremist - I love my daughter. I feel strongly about her. am I dangerous because of that?

they had extremist and racist tendencies... you mean, they were the typical 15 year old boys, angry with adult treatment towards them and tended to hang out with other middle east teens in their community? <sarcasm>the nerve of those boys...</sarcasm>

I think all of us could have been branded 'extremist' and 'racist' (you don't have to go beating up other colors to be branded, just need to not spend time with them) in our teens. ok, well one of the guys in my group of 4 was east indian so maybe I'd have only been an extremist, unless you count the fact there were no chinese guys in my group...
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby Steve James on Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:41 am

Hmm, I'm not sure why it's surprising that there are blond, blue eyed AQ members.
Oh, yeah, it's because most of the world think that most Muslims are Arabs or live in the ME. No sweat, even Malcolm X thought so, until his hajj.
Even so, though, ME Arab Muslims are "Caucasian".

Anyway, it should have been obvious that racial-profiling of Muslim extremists couldn't work way back in 2001. Remember the white boy American Taliban captured in Afghanistan --after helping kill an American? What ever happened to him anyway? Was he executed?

But, the fact that this hasn't sunk in --at least at the level of public discourse-- is fairly typical of this culture's lack of imagination on this topic. It's hard to beat that training.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby qiphlow on Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:13 pm

THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:28 pm

To be fair to the police, we don't have all the details. Maybe the kid in question was really disturbed.

While preventing crime is fine with me, there is a line that should not be stepped over, otherwise we will get a Minority Report kind of world.
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby Wuyizidi on Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:52 pm

Darthwing Teorist,

Oh noooo's, people are having a difficult enough time getting these two concepts in their heads at the same time - 1) all terrorists (the ones that attacked us) are Muslims, and 2) not all Muslims (over a billion people) are terrorists. Now you are tell us we cannot be lazy, automatically treating all dark skinned, dark eyed Arab people from Middle East as potential threat? Now we have to be suspicious of everyone?

Just what are we supposed to do, treat everyone as individuals, understand their culture, see things (especially American actions around the world) from their perspective, discern their motivations, and ... change (like hiring back the handful of Arab speaking soldiers we fired because they are gay)?!

Nah, we'll just do what human beings do naturally when encountering data conflicting with firmly held beliefs, we'll just reject them as statistically irrelevant aberration.

Wuyizidi
Last edited by Wuyizidi on Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
勤学,苦练, 慎思, 明辨。
心与境寂,道随悟深。

http://internalmartialart.wordpress.com/
Wuyizidi
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:48 pm

“He spoke openly of his wish to be a sniper and spoke of his curiosity of what it would be like to kill someone.”

Sounds like a perfect candidate for her majesties armed forces if you ask me.

It's only natural with all the stuff they have bombarding them these days.

A- He has access to beheading videos.

My point - All children are impressionable. We don't actually stop being impressionable until we gain considerable experience. Ergo, the boy is expressing interest in that aspect of humanity that is presented to him day in and day out. What exactly were people expecting to happen? When I was young, I wasn't completely insulated, but we were significantly insulated and it wasn't difficult for our parents to insulate us to some degree. Nowadays, this is no longer a social truth and rather it is a conundrum. It is difficult for intellect to develop in an environment of constant violence and sexuality gleefully whirled together and served up directly into your brain through your focused senses.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Ian on Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:13 pm

Punk music Communism Moonyism Marijuana Terrorism - It's infecting our childrens' minds, destroying our nation, and weakening the resolve of our allies!
Ian

Postby meeks on Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:12 pm

and don't forget
video games the internet
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby juz on Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:44 am

I'd love them to categorize what is a "natural" interest in guns as compared to an "unnatural" interest....

"...sure thing son! You go blindfold strip that mp5, but no stroking it now, you hear...?!"

I've come across MANY young men in schools with beheading vids on their phone, an interest in sniping and who wonder about killing...but the REAL bat-sh!t-scary ones are MUCH less overt than the Hitler-Youth poster child in the article...I've worked with a number over the last decade who are far more subtle, far more elaborate and , to quote a certain fictional psychiatrist,possess a mental state that is "a thousand times more savage"...

Just checkout any Juve,Psyche or Forensic unit and the staff can pick them out, but we still haven't any systems to interject appropriately...they are merely contained until 16 then off they go...fortunately most of them enough grievances within their own family structure to keep them busy...
Last edited by juz on Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
What I really need right now is a montage....
juz
Anjing

Return to Off the Topic