Hurt My Back Today...

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Hurt My Back Today...

Postby Dale Dugas on Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:33 am

Brother,

Let me know what the doc says.

I will send you some STRONG dit da jow that is made for injuries.

Let me know your address.
Dr. Dale Dugas, AP DOM MAOM, Dipl.OM
http://www.daledugas.com
Dale Dugas
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:42 am

Cerebus, on the plus side, you get to spend more time with us. Yaaayyy! -toast-
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby cerebus on Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:44 am

Many thanks to everyone. It's actually feeling much better today. Still kinda stiff and achey, but not spasming anymore. I soked in a hot tub for about an hour yesterday, did some slow and easy Bagua practice, did some self-massage and Reiki, and accepted an offer from Mike Udel for him to try some distance chi healing on it, and today it's feeling much better than I would have thought it could in such a short time.

I think that if I just go nice and easy on it, it may be back to 100% by the time of the tourney. Considering what a huge improvement it's made overnight, this seems like a real possibility.... :)

Troy
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby qiphlow on Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:55 am

good news! think healthy back thoughts.
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby cerebus on Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:12 am

qiphlow wrote:good news! think healthy back thoughts.

Yup! ;D
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby ashe on Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:17 pm

Dale Dugas wrote:Brother,

that's a very generous offer! -bow-
discipline, concentration & wisdom
----------------------------------------
http://fallingleaveskungfu.com/
Facebook
Instagram
ashe
Great Old One

Postby cerebus on Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:45 pm

Well, it seems my initial optimism this morning may have been somewhat premature. At this point, I'm in agony once again. Haven't really done anything yet today except a short, casual walk to the cafe up the street, but that was already too much.

I spoke with my Bagua instructor and he said it sounds exactly like the time he injured his psoas muscle. He feels that it will probably take at least 6 weeks to heal completely, maybe much longer depending on the seriousness of the injury.

So... I do believe I will have to withdraw from the Lei Tai... :'( I'm more than just a little unhappy about this. I've been training like Rocky for the past 6 months. 2 to 4 hours a day almost every day. Except for the back, I'm in the best shape of my life. But of course the back trumps everything else.

I want to thank Pete, Dave, Greg, Jeff, Fong, Brian, and everyone else who came out and helped with getting me ready for the tourney. As soon as my back is up to 100% I'll be searching for something local to fight in, so all this effort will not have been in vain. Anyway.... thanks...
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby cerebus on Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:46 pm

ashe wrote:
Dale Dugas wrote:Brother,

that's a very generous offer! -bow-

It most certainly is. Many thanks Dale!!! :)
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby Snow on Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:58 pm

Troy, it sounds bad. I feel like you should get a real diagnosis. Don't mess around with your back! Maybe it's just like your instructor's injury, but maybe it's not. If something is out of alignment that's causing your muscles to compensate and spasm, it's only going to take more time to get right the longer you let it go.

I tell you, I usually hate going to doctors, but I got sold on chiropractics a few months ago. I had back pain so badly I couldn't even lie down on it. A couple days later I went to a really great chiropracter, he diagnosed it, he fixed it about 75% on the first day and 100% on the next day. On the third day I couldn't even feel where the problem had been. (It was a floating rib that had twisted out of whack where it connects to the spine, which is something I never would have thought of.)
Snow
Anjing

Postby cerebus on Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:05 pm

Snow wrote:Troy, it sounds bad. I feel like you should get a real diagnosis. Don't mess around with your back! Maybe it's just like your instructor's injury, but maybe it's not. If something is out of alignment that's causing your muscles to compensate and spasm, it's only going to take more time to get right the longer you let it go.

I tell you, I usually hate going to doctors, but I got sold on chiropractics a few months ago. I had back pain so badly I couldn't even lie down on it. A couple days later I went to a really great chiropracter, he diagnosed it, he fixed it about 75% on the first day and 100% on the next day. On the third day I couldn't even feel where the problem had been. (It was a floating rib that had twisted out of whack where it connects to the spine, which is something I never would have thought of.)

Excellent advice Beth. Yes, I will certainly be visiting my chiro. Maybe the fix will be quick, maybe not. In the end what counts is being healthy... :)
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby qiphlow on Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:20 pm

again, i wish you a quick recovery, troy. you've gotta kick ass in the lei tai, remeber? :)
see what happens with the chiro first before you decide to withdraw from the tournament, man. you've worked really hard to get there.
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby CaliG on Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:39 am

cerebus wrote:
I want to thank Pete, Dave, Greg, Jeff, Fong, Brian, and everyone else who came out and helped with getting me ready for the tourney. As soon as my back is up to 100% I'll be searching for something local to fight in, so all this effort will not have been in vain. Anyway.... thanks...

It's been a privilege and pleasure Troy.

No worries just relax for now and you'll be "back" in action in no time.
CaliG

Previous

Return to Off the Topic