Crazy (and not-so-crazy) shit about Covid-19

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Crazy (and not-so-crazy) shit about Covid-19

Postby roger hao on Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:21 am

So .......sounds like we simply shelter in place for the rest of our lives.

Now that I have seen death rate dropping - I look for it.
What Steve just posted was quick with the numbers but not with that one.
roger hao

Postby Steve James on Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:52 am

roger hao wrote:So .......sounds like we simply shelter in place for the rest of our lives.

Now that I have seen death rate dropping - I look for it.
What Steve just posted was quick with the numbers but not with that one.

Naw, why shelter in place when all they're asking is to wear a mask and avoid closed spaces with crowds. The problem is that it's too late to get everyone to do any one thing. If everyone didn't deny the virus and just took ordinary precautions, it could probably be gone in a few weeks.

And, one more time, the death rate is not the biggest problem. But, so, only 800 people are dying every day aopt to 2K. Sure, that's better. Not that anyone was complaining about how bad it was. Hmm.

Anyway, one game show host can tweet that and then get a retweet by the prez. Ya might consider it free speech, but it's why the epidemic will get worse in this country.
The most outrageous lies are the ones about Covid 19. Everyone is lying. The CDC, Media, Democrats, our Doctors, not all but most ,that we are told to trust. I think it's all about the election and keeping the economy from coming back, which is about the election. I'm sick of it.

A true test of loyalty.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby roger hao on Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:05 pm

Who said this..............

The most outrageous lies are the ones about Covid 19. Everyone is lying. The CDC, Media, Democrats, our Doctors, not all but most ,that we are told to trust. I think it's all about the election and keeping the economy from coming back, which is about the election. I'm sick of it.

wasn't me - for the record I said -

Stop arguing about who is lying and who is right and who is wrong because
it is all a lie - we are living in a construct.
roger hao

Postby Steve James on Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:38 pm

I thought I made it clear. The prez retweeted what another game show host (Chuck Woolery) tweeted. And that's why there are millions of people who'll be loyal and not trust anyone. Some are arguing that Fauci being wrong is the problem. Yeah, he should have told people to wear masks a lot sooner. It's typically hypocritical to condemn him for that but not wear or suggest that people wear a mask.

Yep, it's all a lie. The media is lying, the scientists are lying, the doctors are lying, the WHO and the CHinese are lying, and so they'll believe the prez. And, for the record, he's the one person I know not to believe. The people I do believe are those who are working in hospitals with patients suffering from covid today. They say that it's bad, and I have no reason to think that they're lying.

I'll repeat what I wrote three months ago. Ya can't blame the prez for the virus, and lots of people wanted to downplay it --starting with the Chinese. But, downplaying it because it's a hoax conjured up to hurt election chances was stupidly bad judgment. Meaning, that if he'd just taken it seriously, no one could blame him for trying. But, seven months later, he's still arguing that lockdowns, masks, school closings, etc., are being done to make him look bad. That's what he says. People have believed him, and here's where we are.

Ok, I know. His quick action has saved millions of lives. We should be grateful.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:05 pm

We may still be trapped in the first wave of Covid-19 here, but one thing is for sure: we are in the second wave of Covidiots here.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby everything on Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:38 pm

it's a never ending wave because the same covidiots will be idiots about much more
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:51 pm

文武両道。

Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:38 pm

everything wrote:it's a never ending wave because the same covidiots will be idiots about much more

It would have been great if it had been contained to NY. But, when it was bad, McConnell was complaining about paying for the "blue" states. Personally, I think the safest thing would be to keep up the same restrictions until the south and west are through surging. Otoh, what I think will happen is that the more NY opens up to tourism and travel, the more people from areas that are locked down will come.

What is crazy, though, is the number of attacks by people pissed off for being asked to wear a mask.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:39 pm

Yes, it needs to be a national effort, and our federal leadership shit the bed, big time.

I don't want to live in a totalitarian society, but I see a lot of success in places where my friends and family live that are or were more authoritarian and centralized that us (Vietnam, S Korea, Singapore, China).

There are multiple reports stating that if 70% of people wore masks for two weeks we would have a tremendous handle on the pandemic. Alabama just mandated masks in public, making it the 30th odd state to do so. All the states need to do this at the same time and not let up until it's over.

Zero states followed CDC guidelines for reopening. Not a single one. And those were probably too lax.
文武両道。

Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby everything on Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:10 pm

I just don't think people will do it, BUT hey I didn't think Alabama would make such a mandate.

I still don't think the citizens will listen, but who knows.
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby everything on Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:11 pm

everything
Wuji

Postby roger hao on Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:16 am

Why we should be wary of numbers from NYC
and never go to the hospital there -

roger hao

Postby Steve James on Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:51 am

Hey, "we" don't have to worry about going to a NY hospital if we're not in NY. Anyway, the one thing I noticed is that the video is a month old and reports on a situation that existed when she did the research two months ago. So, let's say that she's right about everything she said then. The relevant questions --that will save lives and hospitalizations are. Why are the cases rising so fast where they are today? If there were mistakes made in NY, how are the other states fixing them or not committing them? Why are those states seeking ventilators and running out of ICUs?

Afa the numbers, are they correct for Texas, Arizona, and Florida? What about Brazil? It has more than half the number of cases reported in the US now. Why focus on the numbers, results, and mistakes made in NYC months ago, when NYS is one of the few places in the country where cases of the virus and hospitalizations are decreasing?

But, I have no problem believing that doctors made mistakes. And, I'm sure that there are those in the medical profession who saw and see the virus as an opportunity to turn a profit. I also agree 100% that the goal is to stay out of the hospital. Period. But, if I have to go, I'd rather go somewhere that has had the most experience and where there is actually space in the hospital. ;)
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby everything on Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:57 am

It's quite clear (though we cannot do some double blind study) that states and countries like Connecticut, S Korea, New Zealand that did the recommended practices fared better than those who wouldn't or couldn't take some stronger actions. Could Florida's case also be compounded by an older population? Of course. What's the lesson here for the super stubborn, stupid, free-dumb covidiots? We can still improve things through some simple actions, but they need to be done by pretty much everyone. No, dumbass wearing-no-mask and reacting by waving your gun around to be even more threatening, you don't get a pass due to dumbass misinterpretation of the US Constitution. "Cowboy" mentality is not appropriate.

Meanwhile, some promising developments in the vaccine research:
https://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Hot+Topics/ ... rch=Oxford
everything
Wuji

Postby roger hao on Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:00 am

Dark matter of biology may have more to do with areas deemed successful
dealing with virus than actions taken -

Last edited by roger hao on Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
roger hao

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That