james mcneil stories

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

james mcneil stories

Postby gasmaster on Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:36 pm

Given the recent threads about James Mcneil, I figured I'd share a websight he made about his life experiences which is a precurser for a book he is about to release. He's an interesting guy, and has had some fascinating things happen to him. Enjoy.

http://www.onemansdestiny.com/
gasmaster
Great Old One

Re: james mcneil stories

Postby Chris Fleming on Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:48 am

I hear James Mcneil's tears cure cancer. Too bad he never cried.
Chris Fleming

Postby williamwilson666 on Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:49 am

Chris Fleming wrote:I hear James Mcneil's tears cure cancer. Too bad he never cried.

Nice. Very nice.
williamwilson666
Anjing

Postby shawnsegler on Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:03 am

I heard that Chuck Norris created a metal plate that was so dense and heavy that even Chuck could not lift it.

James McNeil proceeded to hang this plate from his nutsack showing Chuck just what McNeil thought of him.

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby Royal Dragon on Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:11 am

We're just a Swingin!!
Royal Dragon
Great Old One

Postby ParryPerson on Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:31 am

After reading some samples of his book I seem .... well doubtful. Some bordered near "just silly".

Pretty good "stories" though.
Discuss internal martial arts on IRC! Channel: #internalarts Server: EFnet
Myspace Baguazhang Group! http://groups.myspace.com/pakua
ParryPerson
Anjing

Postby cerebus on Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:59 am

LOL @ Segs!!!! ;D ;D
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby C.J.Wang on Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:03 am

So according to him, "Taoist lovemaking" is the highest level of kung fu handed down secretly for thousands of years and only passed down to one student per generation.
C.J.Wang
Wuji

Postby ParryPerson on Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:31 am

C.J.Wang wrote:So according to him, "Taoist lovemaking" is the highest level of kung fu handed down secretly for thousands of years and only passed down to one student per generation.

Maybe he just wanted to impress the ladies ???
Discuss internal martial arts on IRC! Channel: #internalarts Server: EFnet
Myspace Baguazhang Group! http://groups.myspace.com/pakua
ParryPerson
Anjing

Postby gasmaster on Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:40 am

sigh.
gasmaster
Great Old One

Postby Chris Fleming on Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:51 am

shawnsegler wrote:I heard that Chuck Norris created a metal plate that was so dense and heavy that even Chuck could not lift it.

James McNeil proceeded to hang this plate from his nutsack showing Chuck just what McNeil thought of him.

S

-punchballs- -nunchaku- -break- -lol- -woot- -thx- -bow-
Chris Fleming

Postby Bill on Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:36 pm

gasmaster wrote:sigh.

I feel your pain. ;) It's rough when a thread goes way off from where you intended.
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby bigphatwong on Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:51 pm

A couple of months after Sandy’s release from prison, my brother Frank called once again to ask if I would like to go to the kung-fu school with him, because he had been concerned about my emotional state and my excessive drinking. I thought about it and decided that in my current state of mind I could make one of four choices: continue being an alcoholic, do drugs, kill my wife, or join the kung-fu school in Los Angeles.

That's a really tough one. I'd need at least 48 hours to decide. ;)

Interesting stuff, brett. I had no idea he was writing a book. Will definitely check it out when it's finished.
Last edited by bigphatwong on Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NOBODY gets near Yung when Tanaka's around. That's for shit sure.
bigphatwong
Great Old One

Postby Finny on Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:13 pm

LMAO @ Segs

I read all the excerpts

Some of them were beyond ridiculous, and the amount of self-aggrandisement was a clear demonstration of egomania

Master Hsu and I were having lunch at a restaurant when he told me of his feelings for me as a student and how he felt compelled to teach me. “Our ties run beyond this world, for we have met before and that meeting has drawn us together again.

This was one of the highest honors that could be bestowed upon any Chinese student, but for it to be given to an American student was unprecedented.

“When I first saw you, when Madam Yu brought you into the master bedroom that first day, I noticed there seemed to be a glow about you, you walked proud but humble. Then I was still not sure if I would teach you, but after meditating on it, I have learned to know everything about you. You are an honest, sincere, kind, and humble person and you have power that even you do not know you have. Many people will respect you and many will take advantage of you. I now know why Master Hsu and Madam Yu want me to teach you.”

In 1984 the highest kung fu master in all of Taiwan, GrandMaster Chiao Chang-Hung, accepted me as his student. This was one of the highest honors that could be bestowed upon any Chinese student, but for it to be given to an American student was unprecedented.

He asked, “Whom did he summon?” She asked me and I said “Chia Wu.” Master Chiao said, “Oh no, now he must always summon her.” His voice was concerned saying, “Jim is truly an extraordinary person to be able to carry the ceremony so far, as it is usually only done by a true Taoist Master of ceremony. His skill goes beyond any of my other students. He was sent here by the gods and one day he will truly understand why.”

Self-flaggelate much?
Finny
Great Old One

Postby bigphatwong on Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:42 pm

Um, Finny? It's an autobiography, dude. Given his reputation and all that he stands to lose, what incentive would he have to make all that shit up?
Last edited by bigphatwong on Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NOBODY gets near Yung when Tanaka's around. That's for shit sure.
bigphatwong
Great Old One

Next

Return to Been There Done That