Interweb Challenges!

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Interweb Challenges!

Postby yusuf on Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:22 pm

I challenge you both to a Best Single Whip Posture contest = "the only thing I like better than sucking dick is fighting"
:o :P 8-)
[Seeking and not seeking are the problem...]
lol, there really isn't a problem at all
yusuf
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:05 pm

^^ Here's a special facepalm for you, Captain Literal:

Last edited by Dmitri on Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Interloper on Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:42 pm

BaguaKicksAss wrote:
Wanderingdragon wrote:OK! I'm in but Wasabi must be used in abundance ;)

Only if it's the real thing, not that fake ass "wasabi" most of the restaurants serve these days. Just horseradish with a little wasabi, or food colouring. No worries, there is a place down the street here that sells fresh wasabi roots!

BKA

It's pretty impossible to get real wasabi around here. I saw a Japanese documentary on how the real thing is grown only in cold mountain streams of remote Japan. Ya know, my fiance and I were thinking of emigrating to Canada and living in Vancouver. So, where's that place that sells real wasabi?!

P.S. I think the Dalai Lama eats some animal protein, possibly fish. Doctor's orders because he wasn't getting the right nutrition from his veggie diet.
Pariah without peer
Interloper
Great Old One

Postby shawnsegler on Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:08 pm

The Anthony Bourdains No Reservations Vancouver edition has a Japanese chef who specializes in Japanese food with the best local ingredients. You might watch it, find the guy and ask.

Best,

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby BaguaKicksAss on Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:09 pm

Interloper, it's at this little specialty food store at Grant St. and Victoria drive. They have the roots sitting there in water. You take one home and put it in the fridge and it will keep growing ;). They are about $15-$20 per root, but how worth it for something like that! They have pretty cool leaves on them as well.

If you come out to BC, we definitely have to go for sushi! That is as long as you aren't vegetarian :).

Even the Dalai Lama possibly eats sushi ;)

BKA
BaguaKicksAss
Wuji

Postby Interloper on Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:16 pm

Thanks, BKA and Segs. My fiance is Japanese, so he is all about sushi and real wasabi. And we're both omnivores. :)
He told me that a lot of Buddhist monks and priests in Korea and Japan eat meat, some eat no meat but will eat eggs, fish and dairy. It's mostly the most orthodox lot that eat a strictly vegetarian diet, but take supplements to provide the necessary nutrients they are missing from animal products.

Okay, the thread can go back on-topic now! ;D
Last edited by Interloper on Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pariah without peer
Interloper
Great Old One

Postby williamwilson666 on Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:21 pm

yusuf wrote:I challenge you both to a Best Single Whip Posture contest = "the only thing I like better than sucking dick is fighting"
:o :P 8-)

You know what, if you must quote my gran, the least you could do is ask!
williamwilson666
Anjing

Postby BaguaKicksAss on Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:24 pm

Actually, I was doing my best to get it far off topic, it was getting a tough hostile in here ;).

BKA
BaguaKicksAss
Wuji

Postby williamwilson666 on Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:26 pm

BaguaKicksAss wrote:Actually, I was doing my best to get it far off topic, it was getting a tough hostile in here ;).

BKA

I don't know why you boys are bickering. Erle would kick all your asses then play some rock n'roll.
williamwilson666
Anjing

Postby meeks on Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:42 pm

And maybe, just maybe, if I'm lucky someday he can show me just how much an... er... cough cough.... a "black belt" like him really knows about Baguazhang.

oh..haha... I just noticed this...

*sigh*...sorry John, but the thought of standing there while you pummel my shoe with your ass just doesn't really excite me.

oh - I guess this is where you tell everyone we were face to face and I ran to a classmate and hid behind them. This is as bad as being kicked out of the class being held at the park by Yang Shifu for arguing with him ("this is a complete waste of my money", "your qi gong is bullshit", "these exercises are fucking bullshit"), and when you get 1/2 way across the field you start yelling you're gonna kick my ass some day simply because I was translating your pathetic attitude because he wouldn't just let you waltz in and learn forms.... I felt like you were going to add "but I'm drinking milk now...and some day...I'll be back...". THAT is what I assume you meant back in July with "Dave tried to show me something once but I sent him packing". My response is still the same belittling comment that I politely warned you with the last time, which doesn't need to be repeated on a web forum. there's a reason why Yang named you mu tou ('wood head').

oh...and uh...'cheers!'
Last edited by meeks on Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby BaguaKicksAss on Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:49 pm

meeks wrote:
And maybe, just maybe, if I'm lucky someday he can show me just how much an... er... cough cough.... a "black belt" like him really knows about Baguazhang.

oh..haha... I just noticed this...

*sigh*...sorry John, but the thought of standing there while you beat my shoe up with your ass just doesn't really excite me.

John's ass does... n't excite you? Sorry lol, you walked into that one ;).

BKA
BaguaKicksAss
Wuji

Postby meeks on Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:02 pm

LMAO!! well I guess with all the gay massage vid I've been posting I had it coming...

oh snap! there's another zinger!
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby williamwilson666 on Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:06 pm

meeks wrote:LMAO!! well I guess with all the gay massage vid I've been posting I had it coming...

oh snap! there's another zinger!

Fight- Camera.

Gung Fu!
williamwilson666
Anjing

Postby ashe on Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:30 pm

i gotta hand it to meeks. he really knows how to talk smack! ;D (steamy hot mouth full of f*ck you, and so on).
discipline, concentration & wisdom
----------------------------------------
http://fallingleaveskungfu.com/
Facebook
Instagram
ashe
Great Old One

Postby williamwilson666 on Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:48 pm

I should probably throw my oar in on this one.

Only "challenge" I've ever had came on a football (soccer) forum where I suggested someone was an idiot. He told me to travel to a pub on a particular date to "say that to his face." - I received a typical "you're a keyboard warrior" response when I told him he must be having a laugh.

Well, I gave him the address of a more "out of the way" venue when I was in the area the following month. I was then told he wasn't looking for a fight, just a "civilised chat."

Never happened, but he told me he did 2 years of Shotokan- which I suppose is mildly less threatening than a civilised chat.
williamwilson666
Anjing

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That