Muslim Intolerance

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Muslim Intolerance

Postby Doc Stier on Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:52 pm

With age, I've grown increasingly intolerant of bullshit of any kind from anyone about damned near anything. >:(

This thread, and others like it, are sad examples of how very little love and compassion for others still exists in the world at large today. :-\ :'(
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby dragonprawn on Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:06 pm

I wish everyone on earth was an ethical secular humanist.

I don't think Ron meant to be racist. maybe the thread could have been better titled. But his WTF is on the money, isn't it? As in WTF is wrong with people who advocate the systematic abuse of women and the elimination of free speech?
why would anyone on RSF argue the opposite? I am confuse again... ???
dragonprawn
Great Old One

Postby shock and awe on Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:33 pm

Religious people easily take the cake as the most ridiculous large scale bunch of people I know. I don't say that just to be cocky, it's just true. If they weren't generally peaceful about their crazy ass unfounded ideas, there would be a real cause to be intolerant about all of it
Last edited by shock and awe on Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shock and awe

Postby Dmitri on Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:36 pm

dragonprawn wrote:I wish everyone on earth was an ethical secular humanist

Me too, but that's a utopian thought, at least for any foreseeable future (and beyond). Not gonna happen, so while the emotion is appreciated, the statement itself is a lot like saying "I wish there was no crime"... Useless; it's here to stay.

dragonprawn wrote:WTF is wrong with people who advocate the systematic abuse of women and the elimination of free speech?

Nothing is "wrong" with them. They were brought up to believe that those are all right/good things to do.
There are sects in India where they drink urine and copulate with corpses and eat human flesh... For some very logical philosophical reasons. They do it on purpose because of their faith, because TO THEM that's the right thing to do -- just like secular humanists do whatever "good/proper things" because they believe that's the right thing to do. There are crazy maniacs and assholes in both camps (as there are "good people" in both as well).

True acceptance is a bitch... ;)
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby dragonprawn on Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:51 pm

"I wish there was no crime"... Useless; it's here to stay.

Different - athiests rarely speak out where I'm from. People speak out about crime every two seconds. Most don't know secular humanism from a hole in the ground - everyone knows crime.

WTF is wrong with the women stoners or, for that matter, the corpse screwers? I don't know, maybe they are unedumacated? It is wrong for them to be, ya know? Not their fault - perhaps - but it is not right and acceptable in 2011 as you might have it. I'm sure the women that are killed and perhaps even the former owners of the corpses that are being fornicated with were raised they same way but now have second thoughts.

Why is this BTDT and not off topic?
Last edited by dragonprawn on Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dragonprawn
Great Old One

Postby Chris Fleming on Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:19 pm

"because TO THEM that's the right thing to do"

Ah the "there's no truth but what we make" concept makes it's appearance.
Chris Fleming

Postby Far7anR on Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:53 pm

Ron Panunto wrote:So the governor of the Punjab region of Pakistan is murdered by his own friggin bodyguard for speaking on behalf of a woman who is going to be executed for making some remark about Mohammad. The murderer now has his own website and 500 Muslim "scholars" have come out in support of what he did and support for the death penalty for insulting friggin Mohammad. So WTF is wrong with these people?

It's a little sad that you can learn about Muslim intolerance from all the way in Punjab, but you fail to lean about how most Muslims condemn that kind of murder. As someone already posted, the governor himself was Muslim. Yes, we have a lot of intolerance and ignorant Muslims within Islam these days, especially in that region of the world. However, I am pretty sure the vast majority of the global Muslim community is not like that.

I should know, I am a Muslim, and I am a Muslim by choice, after looking at the religion and what it teaches, as well as the leading Muslim teachers and scholars and what they teach.

I don't know the whole story, nor do I really care to find out, but let me assure you - as a principles, Muslims are more tolerant than the murderer and his supporters. How can someone study something to subtle as the internal martial arts and yet not have the reason to realize that this one incident does not reflect Islam as a whole?
Far7anR
Mingjing

Postby Michael on Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:50 pm

Far7anR wrote: How can someone study something as subtle as the internal martial arts and yet not have the reason to realize that this one incident
does not reflect Islam as a whole?

Some people just don't get it, no matter how good their teacher is or how frequently they "practice" by repeating their same nonsensical version of the art over and over.
Michael

Previous

Return to Been There Done That