The difference between xing yi and Xin Yi Liu He Quan?

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: The difference between xing yi and Xin Yi Liu He Quan?

Postby kenneth fish on Tue May 17, 2011 4:53 pm

Jonathon:

I PM'd Hamid in this regard a few weeks ago - and invited him to discuss XYLH in English, French, Turkish, or Chinese. It was my hope to let him know what was brewing in a non-threatening non-public manner. His replies were very rude (basically, he is learning a family system of XYLH so it must be better and purer than anything out there), he would not allow himself to be engaged in French, only poorly translated English. He also went out of his way to disparage Qian Zhaohong, his XYLH, and just about everyone not of his own school.

As you said, he brought it upon himself.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Friedrich Nietzsche
kenneth fish
Great Old One

Postby Dai Zhi Qiang on Tue May 17, 2011 5:07 pm

kenneth fish wrote:Jonathon:

I PM'd Hamid in this regard a few weeks ago - and invited him to discuss XYLH in English, French, Turkish, or Chinese. It was my hope to let him know what was brewing in a non-threatening non-public manner. His replies were very rude (basically, he is learning a family system of XYLH so it must be better and purer than anything out there), he would not allow himself to be engaged in French, only poorly translated English. He also went out of his way to disparage Qian Zhaohong, his XYLH, and just about everyone not of his own school.

As you said, he brought it upon himself.

Lineage means nothing, skill is achieved through consistent hard practice and insight. It is more to due to the individual than any specific style or line (no matter how shrouded in mysticism).

If we want to talk about Lu Ru Fang's skill, he has no way in the same level as, Lu Song Gao, Mai Jingkuei, Shang Xueli, Yan Xianlin, etc, etc, not that is matters anyway.

JB
Dai Zhi Qiang
Great Old One

Postby Strange on Tue May 17, 2011 5:09 pm

yes ken, just as i thought.
the foot-dragging tardiness demonstrated in the vid was, to me, a form of insufferable arrogance to the art and form.
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby I-mon on Tue May 17, 2011 5:16 pm

"foot-dragging tardiness" :D
I-mon
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Tue May 17, 2011 5:56 pm

I think at this point... we belong in BTDT.
nianfong
Administrator

Postby fuga on Tue May 17, 2011 6:54 pm

I think we were born to be in BTDT.
fuga
Great Old One

Postby everything on Tue May 17, 2011 7:28 pm

long live BTDT. especially orthodox BTDT
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Strange on Tue May 17, 2011 7:52 pm

her her her
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby Doc Stier on Tue May 17, 2011 9:31 pm

As a general observation, not pointing at anyone here in particular, it appears that there are always some individuals who wish to style themselves as teachers before they are really ready to competently instruct others. I have seen some who even appear to be self-taught from books, magazines and videos, while others have clearly received live instruction of some kind, but not to an advanced or expert skill level. There are generally several such individuals on every martial arts forum, including this one!

Typically, these individuals boldly present photos and/or video clips of themselves in order to establish a personal reputation for expertise as a practitioner and instructor of their respective style. When the forum feedback from other members, including some with greater skill and experience, is less than glowingly supportive in praise or openly critical, the inevitable Reality Check is often resisted with desperate tenacity in a failed effort to save face publicly. :-[

I remember being told never to challenge someone unless I was prepared to learn from them through defeat, and willing to be embarrassed, humiliated and injured in the process. Similarly, it would seem wise never to post videos of yourself unless you are prepared to receive baseless criticism from those who may simply be jealous of you, and are also prepared to receive experienced commentary from those who may be capable of helping you improve and advance in your martial art. 8-)

Otherwise, videos produced solely for personal ego gratification are best reserved for one's own students and close friends, who probably don't know any better and will therefore be likely to appreciate them without question.

Doc
Last edited by Doc Stier on Tue May 17, 2011 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby XinKuzi on Wed May 18, 2011 8:34 am

Strange wrote:yes ken, just as i thought.
the foot-dragging tardiness demonstrated in the vid was, to me, a form of insufferable arrogance to the art and form.

I second I-mon in his apparent joy over this wordplay. Fantastic. :D
XinKuzi
Great Old One

Postby hamid on Wed May 18, 2011 9:33 am

Yes, I have flaws, I enjoyed the recent meeting with my teacher to correct me and give me more tips to make further progress.
I do not agree with Dai Zhi Qiang on all faults and branch level of xin yi my master!
I saw the same flaws that Dai Zhi Qiang cited in its response before a friendly exchange with a practitioner of this branch of xin yi.

You can not judge a branch without practicing or exchange phésiquement with the practitioner not with Taos.
I can hit any body part or a bag .. without smashing my fist with my hand.
I taught Vô vietnam and shaolin but not xin yi.

http://hamid160.skyrock.com/
Last edited by hamid on Wed May 18, 2011 10:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
hamid
Anjing

Postby nianfong on Wed May 18, 2011 11:06 am

to be clear, hamid, I think people are saying two different things:
1) your form is misaligned, poorly coordinated, and not adhering to fundamental precepts of xinyi or xingyi.
2) Dai thinks your lineage is not the best, but I do not think he is saying their forms are completely "wrong" per se--they just may not have all the right information/understanding. Personally I think their form is mostly OK, but he has a much finer appreciation for xinyi than myself. They appear to adhere to the 6 harmonies ok. You do not.
nianfong
Administrator

Postby hamid on Wed May 18, 2011 12:24 pm

It comes out in force any body part with six harmonies
There is only one way to verify the correct application of Six Harmonies, we must work with a partner to feel.
Last edited by hamid on Wed May 18, 2011 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hamid
Anjing

Postby Josealb on Wed May 18, 2011 1:30 pm

So this is in BTDT and we can speak more freely, right? ;D

Hamid, me and most of the guys here think your skills are severely lacking because in your movement the 3 external harmonies do not exist at all. You keep saying that they are internal and you cannot see them...but by definition they are external, and you do not have them. You also have zero intention/Yi...and we can also see that in your clips. Nobody has to feel anything from you in person....these things i mentioned are as clear as day.

Its very simple. It doesnt have anything to do with lineage or japanese magazines or xinyi classics. Your forms are just plain sloppy.
Man carcass in alley this morning...
Josealb
Great Old One

Postby Doc Stier on Wed May 18, 2011 1:59 pm

"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That