Some IMA Applications from Bas Rutten

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Some IMA Applications from Bas Rutten

Postby Robinhood on Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:25 pm

Wanderingdragon wrote:He has no teacher and he didn't even k ow it was Yiquan until you told him. It's all google Fu.

I know what Yiquan is, I think your missing the point, those are just training methods, don't worry about them so much, but what is common in all of them, and where do they lead to in the end.
Robinhood

Postby Chris McKinley on Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:38 pm

Hahahahaha! More IMA fortune cookie platitudes. Personally, I'm glad I sound external to you. I can't help but think that that means I'm probably doing something right. I challenge you and your Yoda to a light saber duel at the same time!
Chris McKinley

Postby Daniel on Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:43 pm

-saber-

-saber-

-saber-

D.

Sarcasm. Oh yeah, like that´ll work.
Daniel
Great Old One

Postby Wanderingdragon on Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:57 pm

Okay , what are the methods'that are not so important? And what is the principle that is?
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby Robinhood on Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:42 pm

[quote="Wanderingdragon"]Okay , what are the methods'that are not so important? And what is the principle that is?[/quote

The methods, are just like roads all leading somewhere,( hopefully to the same place), there are more than one road to take, as the roads get closer to the center, you will start sharing the same terrain so to speak. The principle would be the roads going to the same place.
The same place would be development of the core, "internal" core.

To take a road and not know where it is going, how can you not be lost.
Robinhood

Postby Chris McKinley on Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:47 pm

You didn't answer his questions. Before you type anything else, answer his questions first.
Chris McKinley

Postby Patrick on Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:47 pm

The sky smells green, only if you feel the yellow.
A mountain is not a mountain until you discover its a mountain.

No escaping from those haunting empty words.

Last edited by Patrick on Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.dhyana-fitness.at- The philosophy and practice of a healthy life
Patrick
Wuji

Postby Wanderingdragon on Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:00 pm

Robinhood wrote:
Wanderingdragon wrote:Okay , what are the methods'that are not so important? And what is the principle that is?[/quote

The methods, are just like roads all leading somewhere,( hopefully to the same place), there are more than one road to take, as the roads get closer to the center, you will start sharing the same terrain so to speak. The principle would be the roads going to the same place.

Yeah... That's it . ::) .. I knew you knew ??? ... Hard to google words that words that make it sound like you know something ain't it. 8-)
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby Robinhood on Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:03 pm

Chris McKinley wrote:Hahahahaha! More IMA fortune cookie platitudes. Personally, I'm glad I sound external to you. I can't help but think that that means I'm probably doing something right. I challenge you and your Yoda to a light saber duel at the same time!

Analogies will help you see things you don't see, by relating them to things you can see, if you want to call them fortune cookies, I think that is a little off, and is more like crystal ball.

I never said you were doing external wrong, I am here to talk about internal stuff.

I can talk about external, but why talk about something everybody already knows and is pretty much opposite training of internal training.
Robinhood

Postby Robinhood on Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:07 pm

Wanderingdragon wrote:
Robinhood wrote:
Wanderingdragon wrote:Okay , what are the methods'that are not so important? And what is the principle that is?[/quote

Yeah... That's it . ::) .. I knew you knew ??? ... Hard to google words that words that make it sound like you know something ain't it. 8-)

That is pretty clear, you should do some research yourself if you don't know what I said, I can't wright a whole book in a thread.
Robinhood

Postby Chris McKinley on Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:17 pm

You're a liar, a fraud, and a passive/aggressive weakling, and your teacher (if you have one) is worse than you are. He's also a coward for not beating you down for your behavior here. You know nothing of internal martial arts, neither does your teacher, and any of us here would be giggly with excitement at the thought of humiliating you both in public. The only shame is that we don't yet know who he is so that we can call him out for ridicule by name.

(P.S. This is so much fun....I'm glad you came on here and gave us a little holiday cheer.)
Chris McKinley

Postby Tesshu on Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:18 pm

Robinhood wrote:
That is pretty clear, you should do some research yourself if you don't know what I said, I can't wright a whole book in a thread.

No, but you can wrong it.

Please, can there be a thread just for WD and Robinhood to exchange wisdom posts? The roads and the mountains and stuff? :-*
4th law of Newton: To every male action there is a female overreaction.
Tesshu
Great Old One

Postby Patrick on Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:22 pm

Hey I want to join too! I wrote so much poems, I think I can also write fortune cookies stuff.
On another note, this is freaking awesome

http://www.dhyana-fitness.at- The philosophy and practice of a healthy life
Patrick
Wuji

Postby Chris McKinley on Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:30 pm

I've got Skyrim warming up on tha Ex-box right'cha.
Chris McKinley

Postby Robinhood on Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:31 pm

Chris McKinley wrote:You're a liar, a fraud, and a passive/aggressive weakling, and your teacher (if you have one) is worse than you are. He's also a coward for not beating you down for your behavior here. You know nothing of internal martial arts, neither does your teacher, and any of us here would be giggly with excitement at the thought of humiliating you both in public. The only shame is that we don't yet know who he is so that we can call him out for ridicule by name.

(P.S. This is so much fun....I'm glad you came on here and gave us a little holiday cheer.)

Well coming from an external practitioner that does not know what internal is, and would not recognize it if he was looking right at it, you sound like you have a problem conversing with people and might have a very narrow view of things and possibly also have a closed mind set.

I don't know why you are getting so mad, do you have an ego problem ?, because people with big egos usually never will find the internal.

You should do some standing and let your monkey mind go.

Are you a liberal ?

P.S. Don't blame the messenger, try to figure out why you never receivered the message from your instructor if you had one !

O and you do a great job of exposing your knowledge.
Last edited by Robinhood on Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Robinhood

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That