Iron Palm Master vs Street Fighter (Good fight)

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Iron Palm Master vs Street Fighter (Good fight)

Postby Coiled_Spring on Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:07 am

Finally a proof that traditional martial arts DO work pretty well against other martial arts/sports, if used by a skilled fighter. The Iron Palm master seems to have a huge disadvantage in terms of weight, but does pretty well.
Coiled_Spring
Huajing

Re: Iron Palm Master vs Street Fighter (Good fight)

Postby Coiled_Spring on Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:11 am

IMO, this is the best video till date showing the efficacy of the traditional conditioning training of TCMAists. The Iron Palm guy doesn't seem to be a master, although he is quite skilled, and only weighs 60 kg against the opponent who is close to 100 Kg.

I know lots of people are going to criticize it as being sloppy "bitch slapping", but it works and it works well. :)
Coiled_Spring
Huajing

Postby kshurika on Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:35 am

I don't think the "street fighter" threw a single punch. He was completely and utterly inept. The iron palm master worked him like a puppet, but he couldn't end the fight with a knockout or a throw. Yes, he just bitch-slapped him, because the street fighter didn't do anything. Someone with one year of Western boxing training would have knocked the street fighter cold. A bjj white belt would have choked him out. Come to think of it, they'd both probably do the same thing to the iron palm master.

Got another video?
Last edited by kshurika on Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
kshurika
Wuji

Postby Strange on Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:40 am

can be very dangerous the hit the back of the head
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:54 am

You crazy fool! THIS is the best proof of the effectiveness of traditional arts - just check out the stance!

One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Strange on Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:01 am

sweep fist knocks yo punk ass down cold
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby Coiled_Spring on Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:11 am

I don't think the "street fighter" threw a single punch. He was completely and utterly inept. The iron palm master worked him like a puppet, but he couldn't end the fight with a knockout or a throw. Yes, he just bitch-slapped him, because the street fighter didn't do anything. Someone with one year of Western boxing training would have knocked the street fighter cold. A bjj white belt would have choked him out. Come to think of it, they'd both probably do the same thing to the iron palm master.

I knew this criticism would be coming. Before trying to explain the fight further, let me ask you : is it always the case that a fight should be "equally-matched" from both sides? Clearly, in cases where one man's skills far exceed the others, the other guy looks "utterly inept".

1. If you watch the video properly, you will see that the boxer isn't actually "utterly inept" who's a defensive player. He did begin to advance in the beginning of the fight, if you watch closely, but after tasting the iron palm effects, it was his natural body's reaction to play defensive.

2. As for your comment about the guy being a pussy, he is well built and is quite large (98 kg). Even if he didn't know how to fight using boxing, would you have wanted to fight against him? If it wasn't the iron palm master but a random 60 kg dude who was deluded to think that he can fight using wushu, then he would have been owned.

I will help you to imagine the situation properly. Imagine that your two best MMA/BJJ players are fighting. If you hand over a knife to one of them, would the other still fight the same way? Or more defensively? The Iron Palm skills of this guy are equivalent for that "knife". It serves the same purpose here as if he was holding a leather belt or a knife. Only difference is that he has conditioned his hands to produce the penetrating force.

You can be dismissive as much as you want, but I can assure you, after actually getting hit by an Iron palm, you would be more apprehensive of fighting the little dude than the larger boxer in that video.
Coiled_Spring
Huajing

Postby Coiled_Spring on Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:12 am

And a BJJ punk would be killed by this dude easily, I am sure. One palm to the back of the neck while he shoots and its all over for him.
Coiled_Spring
Huajing

Postby Coiled_Spring on Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:15 am

GrahamB wrote:You crazy fool! THIS is the best proof of the effectiveness of traditional arts - just check out the stance!

There is a thin line between trolling and trying to show yourself as funny. Unfortunately, in the western culture humour is over emphasized to the point that attention-seeking whores pull out PJs after another, just to be accepted as "funny".
Coiled_Spring
Huajing

Postby Patrick on Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:56 am

You damn bjj punks get of my lawn!
http://www.dhyana-fitness.at- The philosophy and practice of a healthy life
Patrick
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:23 am

I'm sorry - I thought this whole thread was you, Coiled Spring, trolling your ass off? Please tell me you are not being serious with your comments....

Coiled_Spring wrote:And a BJJ punk would be killed by this dude easily, I am sure. One palm to the back of the neck while he shoots and its all over for him.

-dropjaw-
Last edited by GrahamB on Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Coiled_Spring on Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:30 am

I'm sorry - I thought this whole thread was you, Coiled Spring, trolling your ass off? Please tell me you are not being serious with your comments....

I was being serious. And its fine if you want to troll in this thread, or digress from the subject. The ability to identify fighting skill comes with acquiring the skill by oneself. And it is pretty clear that you do not see it here...

:D

Anyway, I find the fight in this video to be much much better than the ones presented in the Kung Fu quest series against Baji, Xingyi and other styles. This video shows the importance of conditioning - unless of course you practice genuine internal arts.
Coiled_Spring
Huajing

Postby Tiga Pukul on Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:28 am

Too bad the 'streetfighter' didn't get to fight with bare hands as well. That would make the ironpalm-guy probably also more cautious..
Tiga Pukul
Huajing

Postby califax on Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:40 am

Tiga Pukul wrote:Too bad the 'streetfighter' didn't get to fight with bare hands as well. That would make the ironpalm-guy probably also more cautious..

Nope. The gloves protect the hands, not the target. They actually allow for much harder and much more devastating strikes than bare knuckles do.
califax
Mingjing

Postby Simon on Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:56 am

GrahamB wrote:I'm sorry - I thought this whole thread was you, Coiled Spring, trolling your ass off? Please tell me you are not being serious with your comments....

Coiled_Spring wrote:And a BJJ punk would be killed by this dude easily, I am sure. One palm to the back of the neck while he shoots and its all over for him.

-dropjaw-

Wow....wow. Truly an amazing thread.

My jaw also dropped.
Simon
Wuji

Next

Return to Been There Done That