RAT

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: RAT

Postby Strange on Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:11 pm

Failure-to-get-with-the-program Gene
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:50 pm

Ukuleles. Chordal rhythm accompaniment sounds great on a ukelele. Chord melody playing sounds quite passable if the arrangement is good. Ukuleles should, though, leave melodic fingerstyle alone. In that use, the instrument's soft voice and short sustain make it sound ridiculous, like a little child giving a weighty speech.
Last edited by klonk on Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:39 pm

Just discovered Sam Hyde. My kind of humor.
Michael

Postby Dmitri on Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:07 pm

There's an LEO somewhere named Leo who was born between July 23 and August 22. There has to be.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:03 pm

People exaggerate the complexity and difficulty of classical music. Beethoven's harmonies are easier than Coltrane's.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby jimmy on Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:29 pm

jimmy
Wuji

Postby Michael on Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:52 pm

I called the human resources for my mega corporation. It is a menu driven, endless loop of advertisements for "free" cruises (minor booking fee s apply), automotive warranty offers, and third party health care. You can not actually get HR on the phone.

Orwell and Huxley were not as accurate as Mike Judge.

Last edited by Michael on Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:31 pm

If aliens can travel faster than light, then we can't see them coming (or haven't because the light they exceeded has not reached us yet). But, if they can travel faster than light, how can we see them at all? While they're traveling at that speed or close, they'll also be outside our perception of time. They'd be invisible. Hmm, maybe they've always been here.:)
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Bill on Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:57 pm

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby Strange on Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:49 am

Eliud Kipchoge
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:29 am

Update to my mega corporation HR hotline. I have a new phone number. The day after calling HR, I received automated calls from "Law Enforcement IRS" about my need to resolve blah, blah, blah. For grins, I waited to speak to a representative and was soon conversing with a lovely woman with an accent from the subcontinent, who tried some Jedi mind tricks to persuade me that I had actually called her. I gave her a fake name and she corrected me with my real name. Oh, thank you, Miss. Thank you.

So my mega corp HR hotline is 1000% a scam to sell you snake oil and then sell your contact info. to a less-than-brahminesque front group in order for them to get more personal data that they can then probably resell on the dark web to Macedonian content farmers.

Way to go, free market!
Michael

Postby jimmy on Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:38 pm

*sub-personality ejected due to wrong speech*

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by jimmy on Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimmy
Wuji

Postby Taste of Death on Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:16 pm

jimmy wrote:*sub-personality ejected due to wrong speech*

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

-punchballs- (@) -bukkake- (@) -punchballs-
"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
Taste of Death
Wuji

Postby Dmitri on Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:48 am

Dammit, had this great random-ass thought in the shower this morning, but totally forgot it... :'(

So I guess this is a RAFT, not a RAT. Oh well.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Bill on Sun May 10, 2020 12:33 pm

Once Western Boxing is connected to Western Philosophy it will become as hopeless as Chinese Boxing.
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That