final resting place for obnoxious and/or disruptiv OTT posts

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Absolutely essential knowledge

Postby Bao on Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:31 am

X-tra sad with such a great topic.
Last edited by Bao on Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Re: Absolutely essential knowledge

Postby Chris McKinley on Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:54 am

X-tra sad with such a great topic.

Yes, it certainly is. Perhaps the nonsense will die down now and we can get back to what we were discussing. Does anybody else have anything related to this topic to add, or any questions about the information that's been discussed so far?
Chris McKinley

Re: Myelination: The Most Holy Grrrrail of Martial Arts

Postby Doc Stier on Sun May 06, 2012 7:29 pm

Wow! This thread is the first that I can recall to run simultaneously in TWO different sections of this forum. :o
Hmmm! Your influence here is most impressive, to say the least. -faint-
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Re: Myelination: The Most Holy Grrrrail of Martial Arts

Postby Chris McKinley on Sun May 06, 2012 7:45 pm

Doc Stier wrote:Wow! This thread is the first that I can recall to run simultaneously in TWO different sections of this forum. :o
Hmmm! Your influence here is most impressive, to say the least. -faint-

The purpose as I stated it was to start the thread in the main forum so as to give people who were interested in participating in the discussion or who had legitimate questions to ask but not a 500+ post count a chance do so. I was then going to post the entire uninterrupted post by itself in the Distillery forum for reference purposes since it is on-topic to that forum's discussion as well. I am unaware of any prohibition against doing so being stated anywhere. If the moderators find that unacceptable, I am certainly willing to accept their placing it in whichever forum they deem appropriate.

Now, do you have something of value to add to the discussion, or are you merely disrupting it with more personal sarcasm?
Chris McKinley

Previous

Return to Been There Done That