final resting place for obnoxious and/or disruptiv OTT posts

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Realistic Combat Applications of IP

Postby Doc Stier on Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:04 am

Chris:

Unless and until you post videos or still photos of yourself demonstrating or illustrating your points, this thread looks like just another rerun of your often repeated comments on numerous other threads. :-\

If you lead a horse to water, but can't make it drink, there eventually comes a point where you are only beating a dead horse. -shrug-

"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Chris McKinley on Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:17 am

Doc,

This thread is not about me. I have made no point(s) thus far. Your (continued) attempts to make valid on-topic discussion about a particular person is unfortunate, but this forum is for serious on-topic discussion only if you please. Ad hominem is entirely inappropriate here, so I will thank you to either participate in the discussion or kindly move on.
Chris McKinley

Postby Wanderingdragon on Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:10 am

I am on that same page but I would also expect the same of doc, if only postures or form from either man
Last edited by Wanderingdragon on Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Re: Who here, has notably "unusual power" and can fight with it?

Postby TrainingDummy on Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:35 pm

What's "internal strength" feel like at touch, in comparison to good structure?

I still don't discern the difference between good ju-jitsu and "true" aiki.
TrainingDummy
Great Old One

Postby liokault on Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:39 am

Bodywork wrote: I was thinking of others speaking for individuals and not ourselves!

Then you need to change the thread title.

Bodywork wrote:
1. Internal strength and being known for weird power
2. Aiki- or the use of jins in an unusual fashion different than a normal grappling feel
3. And fighting with it. At least heavy sparring with knockouts and submissions.
4. Who here has taught and given demonstrably unusual internal strength and fighting skills to other men? Not one or the other-both?
5. Who here is accomplished with a broad range of weapons and who has acknowledge them as accomplished....besides another class mate.

I take it you are implying that you can do all you listed. Now personally, I think you can't.
liokault
Great Old One

Postby liokault on Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:50 am

RobP2 wrote:
Bodywork wrote:No master level people included-just the average posters here.
In other words, as opposed to feeling like a typical grappler- or someone with some level of connection or other who never has fought- who here really knows what they're talking about when it comes to:
1. Internal strength and being known for weird power
2. Aiki- or the use of jins in an unusual fashion different than a normal grappling feel
3. And fighting with it. At least heavy sparring with knockouts and submissions.
4. Who here has taught and given demonstrably unusual internal strength and fighting skills to other men? Not one or the other-both?
5. Who here is accomplished with a broad range of weapons and who has acknowledge them as accomplished....besides another class mate.

I am wondering just who we are talking to?

Is the correct answer: Dan Harden? :)

lol ;D
liokault
Great Old One

Postby liokault on Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:39 am

Bodywork wrote: Nope, almost all of the 26 seminars I am doing this year are booked and private and they happen without anyone knowing-so I don't need to "pitch" anything.

To the people going to your (private, without anyone knowing) seminars, I would just like to say......can I interest you in a bridge?
liokault
Great Old One

Postby Bodywork on Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:43 am

liokault wrote:
Bodywork wrote: Nope, almost all of the 26 seminars I am doing this year are booked and private and they happen without anyone knowing-so I don't need to "pitch" anything.

To the people going to your (private, without anyone knowing) seminars, I would just like to say......can I interest you in a bridge?

I have no idea why you think you have an opinion on the matter or the arrogance to make any type of evaluation. My seminars are increasingly closed at the request of the 1,100 people I train and not me. Why? They want to progress in their training.

Suggesting I am a con man selling bridges in unsupportable and would not withstand any sort of scrutiny. It has been tried before, and those folks didn't last one minute face to face. You are more than welcome to come call me a fraud....to my face...in an open room and we'll see how that works out for ya. We can do it on two levels; internal strength and with 4 oz. gloves! Contact me at [email protected]
Again thanks for the ill advised and adolescent remarks. Tell ya what, I wont object to your keyboard in my face comments as long as you don't object to my hyabusa's in your face ::)
Last edited by Bodywork on Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bodywork

Postby liokault on Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:04 am

Bodywork wrote:Suggesting I am a con man selling bridges in unsupportable and would not withstand any sort of scrutiny. It has been tried before, and those folks didn't last one minute face to face. You are more than welcome to come call me a fraud....to my face...in an open room and we'll see how that works out for ya. We can do it on two levels; internal strength and with 4 oz. gloves! Contact me at [email protected]
Again thanks for the ill advised and adolescent remarks. ::)

See, if someone called me a fraud, I would put up (which should be really simple in this case) some evidence to counter that. If I were indeed a fraud, I would make half arese’d threats.
liokault
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:08 am

What on earth are you talking about liokault, what more evidence do you need?! A videoclip? Would that be actually worth more to you than hundreds of people who actually met the guy in person? :-/ Or does he need to sign up with the UFC to qualify your "trustworthiness" requirements?
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby liokault on Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:28 am

Dmitri wrote:What on earth are you talking about liokault, what more evidence do you need?! A videoclip? Would that be actually worth more to you than hundreds of people who actually met the guy in person? :-/ Or does he need to sign up with the UFC to qualify your "trustworthiness" requirements?

He's making:

1/ Fairly wild claims about his abilities.

2/ Really easy claims to back up with a simple video.

3/ Money out of rubes.
liokault
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:38 am

In my world, any kinds of claims like that can ONLY be backed up in person, NOT via a video -- but YMMV.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Bodywork on Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:56 am

liokault wrote:
Dmitri wrote:What on earth are you talking about liokault, what more evidence do you need?! A videoclip? Would that be actually worth more to you than hundreds of people who actually met the guy in person? :-/ Or does he need to sign up with the UFC to qualify your "trustworthiness" requirements?

He's making:

1/ Fairly wild claims about his abilities.

2/ Really easy claims to back up with a simple video.

3/ Money out of rubes.

Actually I am not making the claims I could make, not even close.
FWIW, There are hundreds of people...world wide, who not only know me, but have seen me with fighters with established records as well as highly ranked teachers in open rooms. There are too many MAers on too many boards for me to make any exagerated claims and get away with it. They would ruin me publicly as most of them are stand up, straight up, no bullshit, guys.
That said....can we get back on topic now. This isn't about me. Please stick to the topic or start another thread.
Do you know anyone here you would recommend as having the qualities we are looking for?
Last edited by Bodywork on Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bodywork

Postby Bodywork on Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:59 am

Dmitri wrote:In my world, any kinds of claims like that can ONLY be backed up in person, NOT via a video -- but YMMV.

Well, him having the balls to show up was never really on the table. I love what people will say from behind a keyboard. Pissing off capable fighters to their face is not usually on anyones dance card. Gotta love the internet! ::)
Bodywork

Postby liokault on Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:07 am

Bodywork wrote:
Dmitri wrote: Pissing off capable fighters to their face

LOL, a master of the weird internal power AND a capable fighter, now you are exaggerating.
liokault
Great Old One

Next

Return to Been There Done That