final resting place for obnoxious and/or disruptiv OTT posts

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Who here, has notably "unusual power" and can fight with it?

Postby liokault on Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:08 pm

Bill wrote:Am I the only one who thinks that fighting over internet posts is stupid?

It is, but on the other hand this is a no lose situation. I don't mind a fight and if he is all he claims I'll be getting a valuable lesson, after which I will happily post a apology and recommendation here. If he isn't what he claims, well then, it’s all good fun.

Either way the video will be good.
liokault
Great Old One

Postby cerebus on Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:10 pm

I'm just looking forward to seeing the video and hearing the comments from both sides afterwards. Wish I could be there for it. In fact I wish I could experience Dan's skills as well. Not in a confrontational, doubting manner, but simply because it sounds like he's very good and sparring against him would be a great experience.
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby Bodywork on Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:17 pm

liokault wrote:
Bill wrote:Am I the only one who thinks that fighting over internet posts is stupid?

It is, but on the other hand this is a no lose situation. I don't mind a fight and if he is all he claims I'll be getting a valuable lesson, after which I will happily post a apology and recommendation here. If he isn't what he claims, well then, it’s all good fun.

Remove this from your tag line. I told you that after your PM this was off the table.
Bodywork
I promise that like the bjjer (18 years in bjj and MMA) last year, won't knock you out either well I choked him out in fron of about 40 people, but while I hit him about 30 times and marked him up I didn't knock him out by choice till he quit

Provided you agree to legal terms, camera's -won't be needed. It will not be disputed. And this is no lesson. You may bring a witness to tell you what happened later.

Can someone remove these off topic posts from the thread. This has become a private affair and is not a friendly meet-up. It has nothing to do with the thread.
Bodywork

Postby yusuf on Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:21 pm

liokault wrote:

just for posterity @@@
[Seeking and not seeking are the problem...]
lol, there really isn't a problem at all
yusuf
Great Old One

Postby Jim_F on Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:15 pm

One thing is certain..."liokault" will never show up to fight Dan Harden. Never.
Jim_F
Anjing

Postby lazyboxer on Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:21 pm

Jim_F wrote:One thing is certain..."liokault" will never show up to fight Dan Harden. Never.

That's for sure! ::)
Living well is the best revenge.
lazyboxer
Great Old One

Postby kshurika on Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:58 pm

Five pages of pathetic.

Oh, I'm sorry; I meant six.

Last edited by kshurika on Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kshurika
Wuji

Postby Coiled_Spring on Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:40 am

I searched google and Dan Harden doesn't seem to be a young guy, so I appreciate his confidence in his skill and the art itself.

In this day and age, people rarely fight when money is not involved. Anyone will to play bets? ;D
Coiled_Spring
Huajing

Postby Steve Rowe on Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:45 am

My internet is bigger than yours! This is true IP! (Internet Power)

Last edited by Steve Rowe on Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you see someone without a smile - give 'em one of yours...
Steve Rowe
Wuji

Postby Ian on Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:30 am

Ian

Postby Daniel on Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:40 am

Ian wrote:Image

LOL.

D.

Sarcasm. Oh yeah, like that´ll work.
Daniel
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:38 am

kshurika wrote:.

Five pages of pathetic.

Oh, I'm sorry; I meant six.

One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Bodywork on Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:13 am

Ray wrote:
Bodywork wrote:Guys
After his recent P.M. the nature of this has changed. There is no need to discuss the particulars here. Ray, want to come over for this one?
Let's return to the topic.

Hopefully this is a positive turn of events. Wish I could make it, but can't manage that jet-setting livestyle ;D Don't know how you adjust to all that jet-lag. Are you still on for N.Cal in June/July at ADV?

Positive turn? I can't get this guy to give me his full name and address so it isn't going to happen. More internet blustering.
California (ADV) wants to set up a couple of times a year and Orange county want to do it agan as well. Good news...Andy is coming to Hawaii in July. He only comes out of his "young Dad" shell for Bjj/MMA stuff or to occasionally teach when I am away. I am trying to coax him into some traveling.
Last edited by Bodywork on Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bodywork

Postby liokault on Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:23 am

Bodywork wrote:Positive turn? I can't get this guy to give me his full name and address so it isn't going to happen. More internet blustering.
California (ADV) wants to set up a couple of times a year and Orange county want to do it agan as well. Good news...Andy is coming to Hawaii in July.

Because you can't explain why my home address is necessary, its not relevant to us meeting. Judging by the tone of the PM's you have been sending me, it’s not so you can add me to your Xmas card list.

Personally, for the reasons already given, I'm really up for this happening.
liokault
Great Old One

Postby Chris McKinley on Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:13 am

junglist,

Nobody's business, but it doesn't hurt to ask and see if people are working on some interesting things and have some interesting methods.

Sure, I'm right there with you on that. But this situation is quite different, which is why I wrote, "I'm not against a basic good-spirited polling of who people think are good examples of IMA skills for the purpose of choosing an instructor, but that's not really what I see this thread as being. It strikes me as more like choosing who gets to be Star-Bellied Sneeches.". You may not be familiar with Dan's posting history here on RSF or his repeated use of the same phrasing and criteria that he used on this thread's OP on various other forums over the years as a means of bragging about his own abilities and of differentiating himself from everyone else who posts there. This is essentially a canned speech at this point, and especially given his recent explicitly stated intention of excluding those who don't have/understand that level of ability on a suggested private forum here on RSF, it would be grossly intellectually dishonest to assert that his starting of this thread and of the specific questions asked were anything close to a benign, neutral, agenda-free or well-intentioned effort.
Chris McKinley

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That