Political Humor Only Please

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Political Humor Only Please

Postby Steve James on Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:03 pm

I said that the comments about his behavior (during the interview) that, according to the analyst, indicated he was being deceptive were funny. Though, I probably should have said "Make me laugh." It's the "I know he's guilty" kind of laughter.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:45 pm

What's the rule then? How many degrees of separation until we're allowed to laugh at exhonerated ass clowns after their records have been expunged of all criminal wrongdoing?
Michael

Postby Michael on Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:47 pm

This video makes me think I should watch C-Span more often.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvHES17cCLY
Last edited by Michael on Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:20 pm

Michael wrote:What's the rule then? How many degrees of separation until we're allowed to laugh at exhonerated ass clowns after their records have been expunged of all criminal wrongdoing?

The rule? It seems to depend. However, my rule is that I don't make fun of certain things --like hate crimes, etc. It's nervous laughter.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:22 pm

That's a good rule since Smollett committed a hate hoax crime in his attempt to smear tens of million of white Trump supporters as violent, homophobic racists.

Michael

Postby Steve James on Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:30 pm

attempt to smear tens of million of white Trump supporters as violent, homophobic racists.

Same victims. They need to sue someone. Anyway, I don't know about millions. If true, he was only smearing two. That is, unless you already have some preconception about Trump supporters.

Fwiw, he never said the attackers were White. And, his alleged motive was to earn publicity, a bigger paycheck, and to highlight violence against gays. But, there are plenty of Gays for Trump, too. So, it wasn't just an attempt to smear White people. If true, it was the violent, homophobic, racist White Trump supporters. Of course, there may not be any.

This was the first report.
Smollett claims that around 2 a.m., two masked people approached him while he walked in downtown Chicago. The attackers hurled racial and homophobic slurs at him, hit him in the face, poured a mysterious chemical substance on him and looped a rope around his neck, according to a statement by the Chicago Police Department.

Authorities call the incident a possible hate crime. TMZ reports that the assailants also yelled, “This is MAGA country” (a reference to President Trump’s “Make America Great Again” campaign slogan).

Anyway, take the MAGA comment out. If he had faked it and the only yelled racial and homophobic slurs, would the presumption be different? Lots of Black people have been very public about their anti-gay feelings. Ok, I won't point out the Blacks for Trump signs. Just that violence toward gays is not limited to an group.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:35 pm

Fwiw, he never said the attackers were White.

Yes he did.

He didn't make any public statements until the GMA interview with Robin Roberts about two weeks after his first call to police. It was during the interview when he spun his lies and smeared millions of people.
Michael

Postby Michael on Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:11 am

The Illinois state's attorney said Smollett is not exonerated and he found no fault with the investigation, but the state prioritizes violent criminals and doesn't think Smollett is an imminent threat, so the penalty of $10,000 and community service was the decision.
Michael

Postby Michael on Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:02 pm

This is kind of funny and kind of sad as Smollett's lawyer, Tina Glandian gave an interview on the Today show (or watch the interview on Twitter), where she was confronted with Smollett'e previous remarks about what happened from his Good Morning American interview with Robin Roberts back on February 15.

Smollett said he knew his attackers were white and he knew they were the two men in the surveillance photo, and those two men turned out to be the Ola and Abel Osundairo brothers, who were his Smollet's friends. One of them was his trainer and had appeared as an extra in the show Empire where Smollett was cast.

When Savannah Guthrie of the Today show asked Glandian why would Smollett's friends attack him, she doesn't know.

How would they know when and where to find Smollett at 2 AM during the polar vortex, it was because Smollett was keeping them aprised of his every move in his quest to find some eggs because their scheduled training session was postponed due to a flight delay.

When asked why Smollett didn't recognize their voices when they shouted all those naughty words at him, well, you know, voice recognition doesn't work in polar vortexes.

But here's the most amazing thing, when asked how Smollett could have mistaken two dark-skinned Nigerians for white men, Glandian had an amazing explanation. It turns out one of them had made a video in white face a couple of years back in order to play the Joker from Batman. This is the actual picture that explains everything. Not kidding.

Now this part of the thread has to be moved because this is clearly cultural appropriation. :D

The Daily Mail article that covers it pretty well.

Today show interview with Tina Glandian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt3RZ28FKEU

The original Smollett interview with Robin Roberts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXLx5OY21Bk

EDIT

Smollett's lawyer also did 6 minutes with ABC where she talked about the letter. I know she's a lawyer, but how can you just lie for someone else like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFgQ80qq52w
Last edited by Michael on Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Postby Bill on Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:47 pm

It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby Bill on Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:53 pm

It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby Bill on Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:57 pm

It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:30 pm

Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Taste of Death on Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:38 pm

Smart like a fox
"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
Taste of Death
Wuji

Postby Bill on Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:41 pm

It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That