Political Humor Only Please

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Political Humor Only Please

Postby Bill on Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:17 pm

It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:06 pm

Who needs memes...?

Foxconn may drop plans to build flat screens in Wisconsin

Updated 5:26 PM ET, Wed January 30, 2019
Last edited by grzegorz on Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:14 pm

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:16 pm

BruceP wrote:https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/01/media-must-learn-covington-catholic-story/581035/

F$#* that kid!

I am a catholic and I went to catholic school! Heck I was even an altar boy!

I never would have been a little brat standing toe to toe with an old man, then or now.

Or act like this...

Watch "Covington MAGA teens HARASSING a woman" on YouTube

https://youtu.be/eeaULj93dVE

I went to high school with these snot nosed punks and they gave my church a bad name as do all Trump supporting Catholics who don't even see as Catholics to me they are frauds.

As far the media being damaged to certain people the media is already used for confirmation bias.

Personally I couldn't give a shit about the kid or his school. I watched the long video and it was the same stuff that happens in big cities everyday everywhere. If the kid just stepped away which he eventually did do then it wouldn't have been a story.

The kid stood there because of his hat trying to be a bad ass and is now being spanked.

BooHoo snowflakes! Cry me a river!

To me this is just red meat for Trump supporters to continue to live in denial of who they voted for.
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:05 pm, edited 8 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Bill on Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:47 pm

It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:28 pm

No hate or outrage bro. Just telling it like it is. In my Catholic upbringing as a young man we were taught to respect elders and women.

Watch "Covington MAGA teens HARASSING a woman" on YouTube

Last edited by grzegorz on Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Bill on Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:25 pm

Those do not even look like the same kids.
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:46 pm

Bill wrote:Those do not even look like the same kids.

There were somewhere between 100 to 200 of those kids according to different reports. The ladies being harrassed happened minutes before.

Some say kids will be kids and I agree to a point but I don't see these boys as fine upstanding Catholics which is what the boy's PR firm was paid to spin.

Last edited by grzegorz on Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:06 pm

grzegorz wrote:
Bill wrote:Those do not even look like the same kids.

There were somewhere between 100 to 200 of those kids according to different reports. The ladies being harrassed were happened minutes before.

Some say kids will be kids and I agree but I don't see these boys as fine upstanding Catholics which is what the boy's PR firm was paid to spin.

Based on comments in the BluegrassPreps message board, the intent of the black body paint was not racial but was instead a school tradition related to “black out” games, during which fans wore black to support the team

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/covin ... ack-paint/

This is called a fan blackout. Sometimes at sports events, teams will organize a blackout. That means all of the fans dress in as much black clothing as they can. When everyone does it, it looks pretty cool and many believe it’s intimidating to the opposing team.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/secularvo ... al-photos/
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:21 pm

not into basketball others may know

Can we just put on our “critical thinking” caps for one second? I realize that sports aren’t always big with the “everything is racist and if you disagree so are you” crowd, but this is the hand signal for a made 3-point basket.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:36 pm

LOL! You take one thing from the picture and try to spin everything else wrong with that picture. Nevermind the thugs yelling and screaming at an opposing player.

I have been to many pro and school basketball games and I don't think I have ever seen it that bad.

Too much topic already...

Last edited by grzegorz on Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:36 am

windwalker wrote:not into basketball others may know

Yep, it's the sign that the referee gives for a three point play. Fwiw, it's also a gang sign from Philly to LA.

That's the way symbols work. People give them meaning. Wearing a maga hat doesn't mean the person is racist. Wearing a blm tee shirt doesn't mean the person hates police or White people. Unfortunately, there's no piece of clothing that indicates one is not racist. If there were, people would say it was subversive or a conspiracy. Back in the day, people use to show the peace sign, which was similar to the WW2 V for victory sign, which may have just been Churchill's way of saying F _ U.

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http ... 23.jpg&f=1
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:06 am

In the 80s while in the military in HI. supporting some SF units from around the world coming to train.
One of the unites from Korea.

Many SF operators walk many miles a day with heavy rucks on to maintain their
endurance.

The Koran SF guys complained wondering why as they walked to North Shore from Schofield Barracks the people were
given them what they thought was a FU sign.

all had a big laugh when it was explained what it meant.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:23 am

all had a big laugh when it was explained what it meant.

Yep, understanding what someone means is the key.

(Now, someone can mean to be offensive, just not know, or just not care. It can be important to know).
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:39 pm

Greg, maybe there was already too much topic on this, but I gotta ask you this. What is the big deal?

This is an 8 second clip that was originally put on Twitter with no context. We have no idea what's going on there, but it doesn't amount to much. Can you even make out what the kids were saying? I can't.

The 30 second clip of Nathan Phillips banging a drum inches from Nick Sandmann's face is meaningless to me by itself. There is nothing happening there that anyone beside those two need to be concerned about.

You have to infer something from the MAGA hat, as well as Sandmann's and Phillip's ethnicities, to even begin to jump to conclusions, but there's still nothing happening in that initial 30 second clip that you could put in an incident report. No one was touched. No one spoke. How can this be so important?

A week later, a few year's old photos of basketball games were dug up that show nothing related to an incident where nothing happened.

The attention was based on meanings people assigned to very minor things, like MAGA hats and facial expressions, and the reactions were almost all out of proportion and resulted in several days of death threats and abuse directed at teenagers who did nothing wrong.
Michael

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That