Political Humor Only Please

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Political Humor Only Please

Postby Steve James on Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:42 pm

Well, you don't find many Hitler shirts in Berlin.

Anyway, it's all fun and games until somebody gets egged. That type of violence is uneggceptable and must stop.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:46 pm

LOL! :D
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:45 am

Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Bill on Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:06 pm

It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:42 pm

Now I can go to Brazil without a visa. Reciprocity is someone's new favorite word. :D
Michael

Postby Steve James on Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:38 pm

Hmm, I don't remember why the US demanded money for a Brazilian visa. The only reason Brazil required them was because of "reciprocity." I.e., you charge our citizens for a visa; we will charge yours. I think it's cool that the requirement is lifted, but I wonder why now.

You do know that Bolsonaro is an admitted far-rightist?

Just Bolsonaro’s party, for instance, went from one to 52 elected representatives (the lower chamber has 513 seats in total), thanks to his personal popularity. Many of those newly elected representatives describe themselves as pro-life, pro-god and pro-gun, and they are likely to add forces to the “beef, bible, and bullet” parliamentary group. Among their main campaign flags is the moralization of politics and society, through the fight against political corruption and crime. In this election, a significant number of candidates linked to police forces or the army have been chosen, as well as religious leaders. Pro-agribusiness groups, in favor of economic exploitation of the Amazon forest, are also stronger in the Chamber. This suggests that conservative agendas like the flexibility of gun regulation, reduction of legal minority age, and more repressive powers to the police will be highly salient for the next years.

I have friends who've left Brazil in part because of him. Anyway, you can look up what he has actually said. Watch out thinking he's funny. He is called Brazil's Trump, but Brazilian politics can be more the Middle East than the mid-west. People are murdered. Hey, a guy stabbed Bolsonaro last year. He said he was on a mission from God, but it was also revenge for one of Bolsonaro's opponents who was murdered.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:47 pm

Of snap, I just saw:

Accusing Bolsonaro of "ignorance," critics were scathing in their mockery of the ultraconservative leader, who they said had acted like a "puppet" during his trip aimed at strengthening ties with Washington.

They honed in on Bolsonaro's decision to eliminate visas for American citizens who travel to Brazil, without the US reciprocating, and his support of Trump's controversial immigration policy.

I.e., Brazilians still have to pay $200 extra to come here.

Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:34 pm

I haven't read very much about Bolsonaro, just the headline stuff you mentioned and some obscene videos he tweeted.

During Trump's Rose Garden address with Bolsonaro a couple of hours ago, Trump said 'reciprocity' was his favorite word. It didn't come across as charming or funny, IMO, but I assumed it meant both countries had dropped their visa requirement or fees. But if they haven't, then Trump'll have to find a new favorite word, like cucamonga.
Michael

Postby Bill on Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:41 pm

It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby Bill on Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:42 pm

It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Well, one of his points is that Brazil is a Christian nation, which seems reasonable --it is 80% Catholic. However, he suggests that non-Christians have to conform. People don't really know exactly what that means. However, his is also the party of guns as well as Bibles. We'll have to see. You can find what other world leaders think of him.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:58 pm

Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:08 pm

A lot of people on the right are fantasizing about a major collapse and wut do after. The latest I read was after the dust settles and the lefties have starved because they have no guns to protect their corn syrup, lol,the conservatives will create a new government based on Propertarianism. I can't even give an overview, but part of that system would be giving the equivalent of property rights to intangible or community "property", and then legally protecting those things. I don't know how left/right it is, but I think its meant to be a legalistic brake against crony capitalism as well as failure of representative democracy to do the people's will.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:37 pm

Sure, all they have to do is instigate a collapse, and they'll be all set. They are essentially the threat.

Hmm, propertarianism, I had to look it up. Essentially, "Propertarianism, or proprietarianism,[1] is a right-libertarian ethical philosophy that advocates the replacement of states with contractual relationships. Propertarian ideals are most commonly cited to advocate for a state or other governance body whose main or only job is to enforce contracts and private property."

Btw, that's from the wiki entry. When I did a duckduckgo search, I landed on a site that talked specifically about a revolution coming. Here's the search. https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Propertariani ... 1_g&ia=web
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:49 pm

I came across it on youtube and facebook about a month ago, where it is said that a guy named Doolittle created propertarianism with FB posts over a period of time, like the past couple of years?, and he's independently wealthy, and he knows a lot of former special ops people who swear that you can destabilize a big, American city with like 5 dudes and some walkie talkies. But Doolittle is definitely not a fed. ::) Yes, the coming collapse sells a lot of freeze-dried food and bullets.
Michael

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That