Political Humor Only Please

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Political Humor Only Please

Postby Michael on Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:02 pm

Diversity is our strength. Wait, I mean ignorance is our strength. Err no, war is peace. Freedom is definitely slavery.
Michael
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:42 pm

Diversity is our strength. Wait, I mean ignorance is our strength. Err no, war is peace. Freedom is definitely slavery.
Michael
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:57 pm

Last edited by grzegorz on Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby BruceP on Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:51 pm

Writes, "obsess", and "hate", because, projection

Projects emotionality because, syllables

No discussions allowed? No, there was a discussion already underway on page 186 after Steve started in with his bullshit claims of racism. 30 seconds of clicking through random pages shows lots of discussions breaking up the meme action. A few of which can be found on pages 159, 165, 168, 174,... several of which have you participating.

The crowning irony of all the wins I've racked up against your numerous and ridiculously dishonest claims over the past few years is your sig line. Do you even Voltaire, bro? He didn't believe in red-carding fair, truthful and unbiased argument.

It's not beyond the bounds of reason that one could get the impression that you actually ARE many of the things you hate about Trump.
Appeals to authority is why we can't have nice things
BruceP
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:19 pm

Yeah whatever.

Is it really that hard to start your own separate thread?
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:20 pm

grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:29 pm

after Steve started in with his bullshit claims of racism.

:) Actually, Steve said this in a response to someone else.

Too bad they say it was racist. But, I think he said "Go back to where you came from," and white nationalist racists have always said that to non-white people.

But, I'll repeat "white nationalist racists" have always told non-white people --and earlier, Catholics-- to go back where they came from. because they want an all-white US.

White nationalism is a type of nationalism or pan-nationalism which espouses the belief that white people are a race[1] and seeks to develop and maintain a white national identity.[2][3][4] Its proponents identify with and are attached to the concept of a white nation.[5] White nationalists say they seek to ensure the survival of the white race, and the cultures of historically white states. They hold that white people should maintain their majority in majority-white countries, maintain their political and economic dominance, and that their cultures should be foremost.[4] Many white nationalists believe that miscegenation, multiculturalism, immigration of nonwhites and low birth rates among whites are threatening the white race,[6] and some believe these things are being promoted as part of an attempted white genocide.[6]

But Bruce, you can go to the Wikipedia (or Britannica) and look at the section relating to the United States and disagree. At least, try hard not to put words in other peoples' mouths. I know. I know. You didn't read closely because ....
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:39 pm

Hey Bruce,

My initial post was directed at Michael and not you.

Sure let's let this thread and its comments go where they will but the fact if people are going to start posting interviews from FOX news, non humourous videos and comments from some random vets (which I am too) it belongs in a separate thread and not here.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:56 pm

Hey Steve,

Since the people obsessed with Representative Omar don't even live here in the US perhaps we should just tell them to go back to where they came from.

Got to wonder why they even give a damn but I think we know that answer.

G
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:30 pm

oragami_itto wrote:Image

Perfect timing.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby oragami_itto on Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:30 am

"My own knowledge is shallow and I await corrections from the intelligent."
-Hermit of Jade Well
oragami_itto
Wuji

Postby oragami_itto on Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:31 am

grzegorz wrote:

Perfect timing.

Are you doing a racism on me, buddy? :D
"My own knowledge is shallow and I await corrections from the intelligent."
-Hermit of Jade Well
oragami_itto
Wuji

Postby BruceP on Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:28 pm

Steve James wrote:
But Bruce, you can go to the Wikipedia (or Britannica) and look at the section relating to the United States and disagree. At least, try hard not to put words in other peoples' mouths. I know. I know. You didn't read closely because ....

Words in peoples' mouths? Show me.

I read the wikipage you linked and am still not getting the whole 'racist' thing beyond the convenience the notion itself lends to the intellectually lazy in discriminating superficial traits and characteristics. The perpetuation of 'racial divide' doesn't move a conversation in any direction but rearward.

Some of the entries have an element of boogeyman to them. I'm aware of some of the groups it cites, but I always thought the whole white nationalist thing in the US was on the fringes aside from the longevity and institutionalized legacy of the Dems' KKK. None of the groups seem to have any kind of momentum that would move them out of the fringes. There are always going to be extremist groups no matter what and not just people of a certain shade either.

My grandmother didn't need a PHD or any post-secondary education to know the truth of what the guy writes about in the link below. As a non english speaking second gen immigrant in a world of british and scottish ex-pats 'she knew her place' among her classmates and teachers.

Quoting her; "If all you see is race, all you'll be is race, and you won't have enough understanding to fill a thimble"

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... ople-think

There is not a single biological element unique to any of the groups we call white, black, Asian, Latino, etc. In fact, no matter how hard people try, there has never been a successful scientific way to justify any racial classification, in biology. This is not to say that humans don’t vary biologically, we do, a lot. But rather that the variation is not racially distributed. If you don’t believe me, check it out for yourself by having a look at some of the references below. Seriously, there are no biological races in humans today, period
Appeals to authority is why we can't have nice things
BruceP
Great Old One

Postby greytowhite on Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:44 pm

Tons of racism here in the United States. How many white Americans have family in the Aryan Brotherhood? Me, me, I do! Oh that's just the trouble side of the family but they've always been good to us even though we're half Mexican and most of the "white" side is Choctaw and Seminole we're still white passing. When I shaved my head in high school here in Gilbert, Arizona because my sister fucked up my haircut when she started cosmetology school I got plenty of winks, OK hand signs, Heil Hitlers, and people showing off double lightning bolt SS tattoos. Many of them would shrug it off and point to the Superstition Springs mountains nearby when challenged as racists but then have a swastika in a more hidden place. One of my first roommates out of high school left the Aryan Brotherhood after he graduated. As a 21st birthday present I helped him get a cover up tattoo over his swastika. My friend's older brother was radicalized toward white power through the Army Rangers. After serving 3 terms in Afghanistan he came back a raging anti-Semite and racist. I have conservative coworkers complaining about Alex Jones being deplatformed while daily my friends who talk about their experience with discrimination are banned and it doesn't ever bleed over to the conservative sphere because it's not their one black friend that got banned. I can go on.
greytowhite
Huajing

Postby grzegorz on Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:38 pm

oragami_itto wrote:
grzegorz wrote:

Perfect timing.

Are you doing a racism on me, buddy? :D

Of course not.

You're hitting homeruns with these memes!

Keel it up!
grzegorz
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That