EF vs RSF?

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

EF vs RSF?

Postby Taijibum on Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:54 pm

I don't get it. I joined EF back in May of 2008 and stuff went down and this place was made? I fell off the internet for awhile and now that I am back I was wondering whats the difference between EF and RSF? Which one has more internal martial artists interested in reality checking their IMA? It seems this one does and EF is more enlightenment oriented?

Please don't ban me for asking. Just delete this thread and forget I asked.
We don't rise to the level of our expectations in a fight; we fall to the level of our training.
Taijibum
Santi

Re: EF vs RSF?

Postby Kevin_Wallbridge on Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:09 pm

Taijibum wrote:It seems this one does and EF is more enlightenment oriented?

This leaves me speechless for several reasons.
拳中龙象本能之学
Kevin_Wallbridge
Great Old One

Postby Taijibum on Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:15 pm

Kevin_Wallbridge wrote:
Taijibum wrote:It seems this one does and EF is more enlightenment oriented?

This leaves me speechless for several reasons.

Help me out, bro. I just gave each site a cursory read. I found more interesting posts here, so I am asking here. Whats the difference?
We don't rise to the level of our expectations in a fight; we fall to the level of our training.
Taijibum
Santi

Postby gzregorz on Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:36 pm

you know how sometimes members of a family love each other but don't quite get along?
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby cerebus on Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:32 pm

"Enlightenment"? Not from that site. The "founder" of that site basically stole the name out from under the REAL founder Dave DeVere. DeVere founded EF as his own website for his art, the forum was just a part of it, then Brian (whatever his last name was) copyrighted the name and ran with it. Most of the older, original EF members came to the RSF site when it was created, so RSF is the original EF forum but with a different name.
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby Finny on Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:08 am

What Cerebus said

You're hardly likely to be banned for asking - but that seems to be a pretty accurate short version (though I'm sure they'd say otherwise)

I'd insert that 'ran with it' could be substituted for 'wanted to alter the forum, introduce a paid "instruction online" program and other moneymaking aspects of the forum' - most wanted the old format, nothing to change (like you'll notice on RSF) in terms of moderation and structure.
Finny
Great Old One

Postby Josealb on Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:11 pm

Basically, like 99% of what made the old EF great, in other words, the people in it, are here. EF kept the name..but whats in a name? :-\
Man carcass in alley this morning...
Josealb
Great Old One

Postby shawnsegler on Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:16 pm

you know how sometimes members of a family love each other but don't quite get along?

Except there is no love or family between us and the yak.

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby gzregorz on Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:50 pm

It was meant as a joke.

At one point he tried to help the forum by giving us a space to run it from and things got out out hand as to what his role was.

I got nothing against the guy. At one time we were all cool with him.

What's done is done.
Last edited by gzregorz on Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby beegs on Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:32 pm

Enlightenment"? Not from that site. The "founder" of that site basically stole the name out from under the REAL founder Dave DeVere. DeVere founded EF as his own website for his art, the forum was just a part of it, then Brian (whatever his last name was) copyrighted the name and ran with it. Most of the older, original EF members came to the RSF site when it was created, so RSF is the original EF forum but with a different name.

just a fyi
you can beat a copyright by showing proof the site was up for a while prior to someone else copyrighting your intellectual property.
beegs
Great Old One

Postby cerebus on Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:48 pm

Unfortunately the matter is moot at this point. DeVere is dying and RSF has been running for awhile now. Makes me sick to even think of DeVere being gone soon, but Dio traveled to Phoenix with hope of using her acupuncture skills to help him, and her report wasn't very happy... at all. She's done a tremendous amount, and has tried to do even more, but what's possible has already been done. To hell with the yak and his fake, hijacked name bullshit site. May he burn in hell. Long live the name of Dave DeVere and the true SPIRIT of his creation, here on RSF!!!
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby Josealb on Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:47 pm

Beegs, stfu. Seriously.
Man carcass in alley this morning...
Josealb
Great Old One

Postby Muad'dib on Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:41 am

Beegs, there was an absolute lack of will to do so. Maybe there will be now.
I am no longer allowed to make statements regarding international politics in a public forum.
Muad'dib
Great Old One

Postby beegs on Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:55 am

Beegs, stfu. Seriously.

seerious?

wats that about? me just saying a copyright is not an excuse for being immoral and can be beaten is nothing but trying to share some helpful info. Many people belive a copyright is gold, i was pointing out it can be beaten,
Last edited by beegs on Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
beegs
Great Old One

Postby Bao on Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:34 am

The original question is legitimate, but the timing for the thread and this discussion is really bad. I don't think the people with things to say on the topic have the mood right now.

For the respect for the founder of the original forum and his many friends here, I suggest that this thread should be locked for at least a month or two.
Last edited by Bao on Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Next

Return to Been There Done That