Teaching Women's Self Defense Through Ninjutsu

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Teaching Women's Self Defense Through Ninjutsu

Postby Wanderingdragon on Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:23 pm

The first thing to teach in women's self defense, is how to drop that ass. I know you think I'm being fecetious, but the head and the ass are opposite ends of the body poles and each are the heaviest aspect. Once you are in control of that weight you are headed in the right direction. As a child just drops it's weight to throw a tantrum, he becomes heavier than expected, this is the idea to use when you are grabbed, and in that split second of surprise your attacker is vulnerable, you can spring back with the same force to strike, poke, jab, what ever it takes to break loose. This is the simplicity needed to teach the immediacy of self defense and escape. Become uncontrollable to seek control.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:51 pm

Fwiw, I'd say "bend the knees" would have the same result, but might not get as many giggles.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Wanderingdragon on Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:42 pm

No , bend the knees does not suggest the immediacy of the process, it is as to remove the bottom as though you have fallen through a trap door while your assailant is still left holding all your weight, it truly is the best way to express it. Sometimes the graphic nature of an explanation can get the point across, the subject matter being of a serious nature , it is quickly clear you are not trying to make light, it also serves force women to realize that this is not a matter of dainty or polite discussion.
Last edited by Wanderingdragon on Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:39 pm

:) Ok, if that's what works.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Cavin_M on Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:46 pm

I think maybe we're losing the plot here a bit. If a females been grabbed by a man with bad intentions she's probably in a whole heap of trouble.

Quick example- when I was in a bar in Thailand I observed a lone male checking out women in a way that had my alarm bells ringing immediately. I stated to the people I was with 'That guy's a rapist' They probably thought I was mad. Low and behold a few hours later when everyone was pretty drunk I observed a very drunk American female stumbling down the track next to the dense jungle. Guess who's following? I immediately jumped up and followed to see him trying to drag her into off the track.

I didn't hurt the guy (he technically hadn't committed any crime, but I was very clear of his intentions) but essentially I let him know very clearly that if I ever saw him again he wouldn't be flying back home and that maybe he should be on the bus out of town come morning. I then gave the girl a ride back to where she was staying.

Well I never saw him again, and the female in question thanked me profusely the next day after her friends explained what I had done.

I'm sure some people reading this will think I'm chatting shit, but this is just one example of how you can read situations and people if you've had enough experience. And I didn't even even need to resort to violence- maybe I should have, just for fun and too make sure he never tried such a thing again.

I really hope he never hurt a female somewhere else.

Cavin
Cavin_M
Anjing

Postby Cavin_M on Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:24 pm

taijicannon wrote:
I really hope he never hurt a female somewhere else.

In imo I think you should have f&%ked that dude up Cavin given him some time in a hospital bed eating and drinking through a straw for a few months to give him some time to think and reflect on his life and his actions.

Yeah, bruv. I know what you're saying, and just recalling the event I still feel like I should have buried the cunt in the jungle. But he was a trembling, cowering fuck when he turned around to face me, and I've never destroyed a defenseless man. Killing that bitch would have been like drowning a kitten. And I got enough bad karma from all sorts of shit that I got to pay off.

Just hope that that the 'good' deeds I've done (and there have been many such incidents) balance my shit out a bit.

Cavin
Cavin_M
Anjing

Postby wiz cool c on Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:47 pm

a pen in the eye works great,that is the first thing i tell any girl i teach,always carry a pen. if you go int any dark places ,or anypleaace alone,or even fell te slightet thing strange,take it out and carry it in your had, if a guy grabs you stab him in the eye.
Last edited by wiz cool c on Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wiz cool c
Mingjing

Postby Ian on Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:48 pm

Good on you guys for caring about a very serious issue.

OTOH, it's a shame for your thoughts to even be associated with the pure bullshit exhibited in the OP.
Ian

Postby Steve James on Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:49 pm

I recommend that women carry one or more of these --in a nice feminine pastel colour. Then, all it takes is the determination.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby AllanF on Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:22 am

Steve James wrote:I don't think telling someone "not" to freeze works well. Telling them what to do "if" they freeze "might" help. This usually involves giving that person something to do, which might include the admonition to "move."

Not read all the following posts after my last post but i just wanted to address this somewhat, not pretending to be an expert in any sense of the word. The point of the video clip i posted was NOT so much the fact it was knife training, but rather(ignoring the knife and only concentrating on the psychology of the situation) it was a classic "monkey dance" and ambush, to steal Rory Millar's terms. The victim was backpedaling from the moment the attacker engaged in a verbal assault. (This is also a freeze) The assault came faster and harder than anything he would be happy with. That is the reality of assaults, knife or no knife

There is not "if they freeze"...everyone freezes to varying degrees. You have to know you are freezing, some never realize it and get stuck in a loop and may end up in hospital or the morgue. Others take a few milli-seconds others again react very well. Martial arts are only concerned with the actual fight, which if you have been alert and aware of your surroundings should never happen...but all too frequently it does, ergo best defense against ambush is counter-ambush. Again Rory Millar has a couple of techniques in his book "Facing Violence" which are found in most martial art systems.

As has been mentioned before Rory Millar IS an expert in the field and notes the following, first up should be not projecting a victim profile, 2nd Avoidance ie. absence, escape/evasion, de-escalation 3rd counter-ambush - trying to someway circumvent the OODA loop (US Air Force Colonel John Boyd) Observe, Orient, Decide, Act. As MAist we should be trying to cut out the middle two - Orient and Decide so that we merely Observe and Act...easier said than done.

In terms of breaking the freeze, as Steve mentions above telling someone to "move" can help as can having a "go plan" - if this kicks off i'm running out that door. Or even talking/thinking through what you are doing/going to do, "let go or i'm going to knee you in the nuts". This is just to get you out of the freeze in short 1) Recognize the freeze, 2) Make yourself do something, 3) Repeat step 2. According to Millar, everyone freezes, even professionals, this is how they get out of it.

And of course as in any real assault luck DOES play a part, like it or not.
Last edited by AllanF on Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
AllanF

Postby Cavin_M on Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:56 am

taijicannon wrote:"..he was a trembling, cowering fuck when he turned around to face me, and I've never destroyed a defenseless man. Killing that bitch would have been like drowning a kitten."

I hear ya Cavin but I wonder if he had the same feelings about his victim....if anything it probably turned the f$%ker on to watch a helpless girl suffer at his hand...I feel the disher out of karma might waive away any burden of responsibility placed on your head for a good deed that may have saved many girls that crossed his path in the future. Anyway you do what you do at the time so there's no going back...

Plus good on you for stopping it anyway mate the lady was blessed you was in the right place at the right time and had the balls to do something about it.

Well the fact is he didn't get the chance to sexually assault this girl. If he had, I would not, I assure you, have shown the same restraint.

But this episode I use as example of awareness- and also of the one factor that leads to the vast majority of adult females sexual assaults... ALCOHOL.
The fact is that this girl was so drunk she had no idea what was happening.

So... a female can be as bad ass as Ronda Rousey, if she is this intoxicated she's now completely defenseless.

I think the best advice you can pass on to your daughter's and loved one's is to NEVER get this drunk.

Cavin
Cavin_M
Anjing

Postby Cavin_M on Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:00 am

Nice, Steve. Are they plastic though?

I seem to recall a case in London quite recently where a teenage girl killed another girl with a metal afro comb- so I guess that does the job.
Cavin_M
Anjing

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That