Taijiquan 'Circle of Trust' NB's brainstormin'

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Taijiquan 'Circle of Trust' NB's brainstormin'

Postby Bao on Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:10 am

novamma wrote:I wouldnt be me if i passively sat and watched this woo-woo BS take over. if i don't say anything and did not stand up for what I think is right, then i'd be a coward internally IMO. and that would burn me up inside,


It might be so...
... Or maybe you are feeling bored and just want to troll around a bit? :P
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One
 
Posts: 7683
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 12:46 pm
Location: High up north

Re: Taijiquan 'Circle of Trust' NB's brainstormin'

Postby Overlord on Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:31 pm

Bhassler wrote:NOLA? Mmmmmmm, taiji gumbo, aaaarrrrrrggghhhhhh.....


No la~ :-\
-saber-


肘不離肋,手不離心
User avatar
Overlord
Wuji
 
Posts: 1665
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:03 am

Re: Taijiquan 'Circle of Trust' NB's brainstormin'

Postby wayne hansen on Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:48 pm

Your own stuff is that good that you should be deciding who is legit
Wernt you the guy who showed panatucan drills and said they came from yang Lu chan
Now that was some serious bullshit
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji
 
Posts: 3802
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:52 pm

Re: Taijiquan 'Circle of Trust' NB's brainstormin'

Postby leftwose on Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:01 pm

What is the difference between Traditional Modernist and Modern Traditionalist in this chart?
leftwose
Anjing
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:23 pm

Re: Taijiquan 'Circle of Trust' NB's brainstormin'

Postby novamma on Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:35 pm

wayne hansen wrote:Your own stuff is that good that you should be deciding who is legit
Wernt you the guy who showed panatucan drills and said they came from yang Lu chan
Now that was some serious bullshit


First off apology for the troll part. Novamma is when i was at novamma.com. NB was bombed by trolls constantly and I still get strange friend requests from FB. I hear some of these woo-woo clowns were using fake FB accounts. Infiltrate the woo-woo trollers so-to-speak. RSF is a site that allows for it IME Bao.

No Wayne: the Da shou drills I shared were from Christoper Pei of USWA, He brought Yang Zhenjie and Yang Zhen dou to the Nova (northern virginia/DC metro) area many times. Yang Zhenjie learned them from his oldest brother Yang Shou Zhang.

here is version 2.1, i not finished yet. i know there are more legit Wu/Hao Taiji people out there. researching it. and was thinking about changing the
Traditional modernist/ modern traditionalist thing Leftwose. more modern traditionalist martial artist vs. the more traditional than modern martial artist. yin within yang, yang within yin kind of thinking.

Image
novamma

 

Re: Taijiquan 'Circle of Trust' NB's brainstormin'

Postby charles on Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:33 pm

"Guaranteed to teach Authentic Un-adulturated Taijiquan..."

I've looked at your updated list of who's who and you've now mixed people of high-level, traditional martial Taijiquan abilities with those who are the epitome of New Age, fer-health teachings. Based on who you've got listed, I'd never recommend to anyone I know to use your list as a basis for finding "The Real Deal" - Authentic Un-adulturated Taijiquan. Yes, I have first-hand experience with the one's I'm specifically referring to.

Someone, somewhere, believes their current woo-woo teacher is The Real Deal and should be on your list. Keep obtaining those recommendations and adding to your list until you have included every known teacher, but for the one's you personally don't like. Just sayin'.
charles
Wuji
 
Posts: 1653
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 1:01 pm

Re: Taijiquan 'Circle of Trust' NB's brainstormin'

Postby wayne hansen on Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:37 am

No Wayne: the Da shou drills I shared were from Christoper Pei of USWA, He brought Yang Zhenjie and Yang Zhen dou to the Nova (northern virginia/DC metro) area many times. Yang Zhenjie learned them from his oldest brother Yang Shou Zhang.

It is funny every FMA school teaches them and no other yang schools do
If it looks like a duck
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji
 
Posts: 3802
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:52 pm

Re: Taijiquan 'Circle of Trust' NB's brainstormin'

Postby novamma on Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:35 am

charles wrote:"Guaranteed to teach Authentic Un-adulturated Taijiquan..."

I've looked at your updated list of who's who and you've now mixed people of high-level, traditional martial Taijiquan abilities with those who are the epitome of New Age, fer-health teachings. Based on who you've got listed, I'd never recommend to anyone I know to use your list as a basis for finding "The Real Deal" - Authentic Un-adulturated Taijiquan. Yes, I have first-hand experience with the one's I'm specifically referring to.

Someone, somewhere, believes their current woo-woo teacher is The Real Deal and should be on your list. Keep obtaining those recommendations and adding to your list until you have included every known teacher, but for the one's you personally don't like. Just sayin'.


please let me know Charles who you feel is not legit, this is not the final version and i've removed some woo-woo people that i was told about (gin soon chu,removed, chu king hung- removed)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIy9_VeUcpc

@Wayne: before I learned the 'Da Shou' drills, i had already learned some wing chun, FMA and Silat drills decades before as a taiji practitioner. When I learned the 'Da shou' it was not taught in the same manner nor were all the principles the same. They appear similar and they do share some "universal fighting principles", however Da Shou addresses the attacker with peng for : stick, adhere, neutralize and follow (counter). it is not taught the same way. If you have beef with that method, maybe you should talk to Coach Pei about it. he can be reached here: http://www.uswushuacademy.com/
novamma

 

Re: Taijiquan 'Circle of Trust' NB's brainstormin'

Postby Ozguorui on Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:38 am

As far as China is concerned, you might want to make 2 new boxes that I know of at least. The first is the Hong style legacy, concentrated in Shandong and epitomized by Li Enjiu. The second is Sha style, from Sha Guozheng, and represented today by Sha Junjie based in Kunming. My teacher Guo Hui Po in Shanghai grew up in Shandong, learnt from Li Enjiu and is a disciple of Sha Junjie. FWIW, here is video of Guo Hui Po with a simplified Chen style routine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es-IX48QI2g
Last edited by Ozguorui on Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ozguorui
Mingjing
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:54 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Taijiquan 'Circle of Trust' NB's brainstormin'

Postby novamma on Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:56 am

yes i have heard of Li Enjiu. as far as Taijiquan goes what was his main style? Guo is Chen taiji as you shared.

version 2.2: added added more Hao/Wu teachers, Fu style, and Yang variants categories, expanded Cheng man Ching section, separated full contact and push hands moved chinese and western teachers in different sections, people. **work in progress**

Image
Last edited by novamma on Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
novamma

 

Re: Taijiquan 'Circle of Trust' NB's brainstormin'

Postby wayne hansen on Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:34 pm

novamma wrote:
charles wrote:"Guaranteed to teach Authentic Un-adulturated Taijiquan..."

I've looked at your updated list of who's who and you've now mixed people of high-level, traditional martial Taijiquan abilities with those who are the epitome of New Age, fer-health teachings. Based on who you've got listed, I'd never recommend to anyone I know to use your list as a basis for finding "The Real Deal" - Authentic Un-adulturated Taijiquan. Yes, I have first-hand experience with the one's I'm specifically referring to.

Someone, somewhere, believes their current woo-woo teacher is The Real Deal and should be on your list. Keep obtaining those recommendations and adding to your list until you have included every known teacher, but for the one's you personally don't like. Just sayin'.


please let me know Charles who you feel is not legit, this is not the final version and i've removed some woo-woo people that i was told about (gin soon chu,removed, chu king hung- removed)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIy9_VeUcpc

@Wayne: before I learned the 'Da Shou' drills, i had already learned some wing chun, FMA and Silat drills decades before as a taiji practitioner. When I learned the 'Da shou' it was not taught in the same manner nor were all the principles the same. They appear similar and they do share some "universal fighting principles", however Da Shou addresses the attacker with peng for : stick, adhere, neutralize and follow (counter). it is not taught the same way. If you have beef with that method, maybe you should talk to Coach Pei about it. he can be reached here: http://www.uswushuacademy.com/


No need to talk to anyone it is historical revisionism
If you think FMA doesn't contain the same principles
Of stick adhere etc you don't know much about these arts
As for the latest list it just gets more absurd by the day
It is not up to others to point out who needs to be deleted
It just becomes a popularity contest
Suffice to say I can see many on the list of mediocre ability and many who break the principles of tai chi
Are you also vouching for their moral content and lack of manipulation of those who teach for them
I can see one person on the list who claimed to train with a teacher after his death
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji
 
Posts: 3802
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:52 pm

Re: Taijiquan 'Circle of Trust' NB's brainstormin'

Postby jonathan.bluestein on Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:11 pm

Li Enjiu is a disciple of Hong Junsheng and the older gongfu brother of Chen Zhonghua - hence, Chen Taiji. He was appointed the official 'standard bearer' of Hong's Taiji tradition in China. Since Hong never named a successor, this appointment was made by the other disciples. Li Enjiu is well known in Chen Taiji circles in China. However, I hear that nowadays he is sick and perhaps no longer actively teaching.
User avatar
jonathan.bluestein
Wuji
 
Posts: 3445
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:44 pm
Location: Israel

Re: Taijiquan 'Circle of Trust' NB's brainstormin'

Postby novamma on Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:19 am

Ok thanks Jonathan.

@Wayne: so who would you remove? I was told that Wee Kee Jin is woo-wooish as well as some other Huang sheng shyun guys. Please advise.
also I probably would add you to the file, but i have no understanding of the style of taiji you do.

Image
Last edited by novamma on Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
novamma

 

Re: Taijiquan 'Circle of Trust' NB's brainstormin'

Postby Michael Babin on Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:34 am

Groucho Marx famously said "I would never belong to any club that would have me as a member."

This listing is getting more ridiculous by the minute though I admire the original stated intent in many ways. Like a lot of theories, it proves impossible to put into practise without causing as many problems as it solves.

I also see many instructors listed that have, at some point, posted stuff that I think of as "iffy" in martial terms; but that doesn't necessarily mean that they are abusing or cheating their students or deserve to be excluded.
Yang Taiji Blog https://mbtaiji.blogspot.com/
Solo Form Samples on Vimeo https://vimeo.com/michaelbabin
Michael Babin
Wuji
 
Posts: 681
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 7:26 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Re: Taijiquan 'Circle of Trust' NB's brainstormin'

Postby Orpheus on Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:40 am

This is a silly thread.

Vouching for people you don't know based on the authority of other people you don't know. Silliness. (Also, not terribly good for your credibility).
The repeated use of the term woo-woo is silly. Is our vocabulary so limited?
The above nightmare of a powerpoint slide is definitely silly. Shotgun style.

A thread this silly should really be moved to the silly pit.
Orpheus
Anjing
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:09 pm
Location: Washington, D.C.

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests