Kua Movement

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Kua Movement

Postby yusuf on Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:49 am

wiesek.. good info..

also..

from a page with a lot more of the stuff you need to look for.. including double spiral, open close etc..

http://brisbanechentaichi.weebly.com/skill-knowledge.html

Last edited by yusuf on Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
[Seeking and not seeking are the problem...]
lol, there really isn't a problem at all
yusuf
Great Old One

Postby Bodywork on Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:57 am

GrahamB wrote:That's a lot of drama Dan - to be honest I don't care about any of that he said she said nonsense. I've git zero interest in your internet drama. I asked you a question - if you can't answer it, you can't answer it I guess and I draw my own conclusions.

Drama?
No, history. And not of my making.
You...
Talking with him
Quoting him
Now using his tactics to a tee ....
*If I WON'T answer you...
*Of course it means I CAN'T answer you?
Riiiight?
Mike 101
You're not really talking with me. You are goading and fishing, Graham. I've not discussed dual opposing spirals here. You've discussed it with Mike. And so it goes.
Last edited by Bodywork on Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bodywork

Postby willie on Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:11 am

Bodywork wrote:
GrahamB wrote:That's a lot of drama Dan - to be honest I don't care about any of that he said she said nonsense. I've git zero interest in your internet drama. I asked you a question - if you can't answer it, you can't answer it I guess and I draw my own conclusions.

Sure..
Taking with him
Quoting him
Now using his tactics to a tee

Sure Graham. If I WON'T answer you...
If course it means I CAN'T answer you huh?
There no other option.
Tell Mike I said hi.

Again 4-5 on earth knows what?
willie

Postby onebir on Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:05 am

yusuf wrote:from a page with a lot more of the stuff you need to look for.. including double spiral, open close etc..

http://brisbanechentaichi.weebly.com/skill-knowledge.html

This is very good! :)
Insanity is repeating a nonsensical definition of insanity, and expecting it to eventually make sense.
onebir
Anjing

Postby mrlizard123 on Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:13 am

willie wrote:Again 4-5 on earth knows what?

The Colonel's secret recipe maybe?

Disclaimer: I'm NOT in China so am just guessing what it is that only some Chinese guys know that Mike knows.
mrlizard123
Santi

Postby D_Glenn on Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:28 am

^^Speaking of secret chicken recipes: I encourage everyone to watch the documentary "General Tso's Chicken" on netflix.

D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby willie on Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:00 pm

D_Glenn wrote:^^Speaking of secret chicken recipes: I encourage everyone to watch the documentary "General Tso's Chicken" on netflix.

Dan a serious dude, so I take him seriously.
I really want to know.
I also would like to see a clear video of Dan explaining what he meant. I do!
willie

Postby mrlizard123 on Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:36 pm

willie wrote:
D_Glenn wrote:^^Speaking of secret chicken recipes: I encourage everyone to watch the documentary "General Tso's Chicken" on netflix.

Dan a serious dude, so I take him seriously.
I really want to know.
I also would like to see a clear video of Dan explaining what he meant. I do!

Perhaps you misread; the person who knows what those mysterious Chinese chaps know was Mike... I'm not sure if anyone here is one of the Chinese inner circle so it's unlikely that the nature of this arcane knowledge will be revealed - especially because then it would be way more than 4-5 guys in China; though simply knowing something few people know isn't exactly special, unless the knowledge is special/interesting/unusual itself.
mrlizard123
Santi

Postby wayne hansen on Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:29 pm

It's interesting how clear and revealing the Chen guy in Brisbane is as opposed to the bate and switch of some others
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby willie on Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:51 pm

Tom wrote:
wayne hansen wrote:It's interesting how clear and revealing the Chen guy in Brisbane is

"Clear and revealing" about what, exactly? Are the ideas and content at that site particularly profound or eye-opening for you? It was a bit confusing for me, because our bodies don't exactly work that way and the illustrations don't particularly correlate with my own experience with or observations of centre-driven movement. And I've trained Chen taiji in the past.

I was going to say the same thing.
I need a video to see the application.
willie

Postby wayne hansen on Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:23 pm

No I don't find any Chen style profound
It is just that he puts his ideas in a form that can be understood
No constant verbiage that means little
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby mrtoes on Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:52 pm

Well, I have to respectably disagree on all points Wayne.

Extensive Mike Sigman rant aside ;D Dan has offered far more information on this thread than you have. Your three posts here offer nothing whatsoever but baiting and name calling. What I think would be useful would be if you could employ your knowledge and expertise to describe what a kua is, what it's function is and how to use one. By doing so you would brilliantly show Dan up by demonstrating to everyone just how helpful and informative it is possible to be :)

Thanks,

Matthew
mrtoes
Wuji

Postby wayne hansen on Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:55 pm

It is not possible to show Kua in words
A video would be nice
Arnt you doing what body works is accusing grahame of
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby mrtoes on Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:12 pm

Hard to say as I'm not too interested in whatever that was about, but I don't think so. You'll note I'm certainly not employing his words, if that was the implication. I don't think he would want me to, and besides I'd rather not talk about my level of actual practical understanding. This stuff is hard work and it requires dedicated training.

I do agree with you insofar as I'm not sure it's possible to show how to train correct use of kua in words nor in video as there's just too much to go wrong and it needs hands on correction, but we can describe identity and function for sure.

As an aside, I enjoyed Yusuf's post and there is some good info in there, but I cannot agree at all with the information presented in the sections that relate to the shoulder kuas ("The Connection of Centre To Extremities") and leg kuas ("Detail Twining Movements of the Legs"). Both the descriptions and the force vector diagrams are way off my limited understanding of Chen (which I have great respect for even though it's not my style) and offer nothing to even begin to help the reader connect their legs to their body nor their body to their arms, let alone translate that connection into movement. I do like this style of presentation though!

Matthew
mrtoes
Wuji

Postby yusuf on Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:29 pm

mrtoes wrote:As an aside, I enjoyed Yusuf's post and there is some good info in there, but I cannot agree at all with the information presented in the sections that relate to the shoulder kuas ("The Connection of Centre To Extremities") and leg kuas ("Detail Twining Movements of the Legs"). Both the descriptions and the force vector diagrams are way off my limited understanding of Chen (which I have great respect for even though it's not my style) and offer nothing to even begin to help the reader connect their legs to their body nor their body to their arms, let alone translate that connection into movement. I do like this style of presentation though!

Matthew

yup.. i don;t agree wth a lot of whats in there, but it's laid out in a way that can be looked at, trained and used or discarded..

i really wish all the people on this site, who obviously have real knowledge, would just lay it out like that.. let the secrets take care of themselves.. people who actually train it will get it.. people who don;t will tak about it but we'lalways have the source material to take on directly for ourselves...
[Seeking and not seeking are the problem...]
lol, there really isn't a problem at all
yusuf
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That