Trump Will be President

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Trump Will be President

Postby Steve James on Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:56 am

It will continue, if you mean Afghanistan and Iraq. In terms of rhetoric, they are both hawkish. Trump is more hyperbolic, but he has zero experience. Clinton might be somewhat more aggressive than Obama. However, if the purpose of the war is to stop terrorism, it hasn't worked in 15 years. If the pattern continues, there will be no end.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:07 am

Yeah Pentagon (and its abundant and immediate influence on US politics and, semi-directly, economy) ain't going away any time soon, I'm pretty certain of that -- even a Libertarian or Green president won't be able to do shit about it IMHO.

On a separate note... Would absolutely love to see Trump's emails released and made public in the same way Clinton's have been. BOY would that be fun!

This has got to be the worst election in history
Last edited by Dmitri on Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:16 am

Dmitri wrote:Yeah Pentagon (and its abundant and immediate influence on US politics and, semi-directly, economy) ain't going away any time soon, I'm pretty certain of that -- even a Libertarian or Green president won't be able to do shit about it IMHO.

On a separate note... Would absolutely love to see Trump's emails released and made public in the same way Clinton's have been. BOY would that be fun!

This is probably the worst election in history

why would it be "fun"
what would you expect to find,,,, or should I say want to find ;)

why would you want a privet citizens emails to be released to the public.

You dont get why her emails are an issue?
maybe has something to do with her last job.

I would say its a very different election presenting what seem to be very different paths.
How really different either one will be is hard to tell until they'er in office...
In looking at past elections this one is kind of tame....just the medium has changed a lot
Last edited by windwalker on Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Dmitri on Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:27 am

She's at a tremendous disadvantage, in comparison, because of he very long history in politics/as a public figure. Yes, it's just how the cards got laid out, can't do anything about it. I didn't suggest he should release his emails.

It would be fun because he's spouting off all sorts of rhetoric based on what's publicly known (rightfully so) about her. But the public doesn't know anything about what he or his business dealings are really like. Based on what I've seen/heard of him so far, the history of settled lawsuits, etc. I'm suspecting some very seriously shady shit having taken place.

Not that it would change any of his supporters' minds, though. That was a really great segment by Samantha Bee's crew where the correspondents were asking his supporters "what would it take for you to stop supporting him? What if he murdered someone?" etc. It's funny, but... not really.

It's a truly astounding social phenomenon.
Last edited by Dmitri on Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:46 am

Dmitri wrote:She's at a tremendous disadvantage, in comparison, because of he very long history in politics/as a public figure. Yes, it's just how the cards got laid out, can't do anything about it. I didn't suggest he should release his emails.

It would be fun because he's spouting off all sorts of rhetoric based on what's publicly known (rightfully so) about her. But the public doesn't know anything about what he or his business dealings are really like. Based on what I've seen/heard of him so far, the history of settled lawsuits, etc. I'm suspecting some very seriously shady shit having taken place.

Not that it would change any of his supporters' minds, though. That was a really great segment by Samantha Bee's crew where the correspondents were asking his supporters "what would it take for you to stop supporting him? What if he murdered someone?" etc. It's funny, but... not really.

It's a truly astounding social phenomenon.

I think many people would be surprised on how things get done in businesses.
"shady shit" ;) try working in or running a business on a large scale....
what some might call "shady" is just good use of the law pushing it to it's limits...whether its "shady" or not kinda depends on what side one is on.

I think people like a proven commodity, what has HRC done in her time in office?
What would you point to that would suggest she is a good leader, and has accomplished
other then the fact she has been in office, what makes her a good leader?
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:01 am

HRC has served the people in elected and appointed office. DT has served himself.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Mr_Wood on Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:22 am

even a Libertarian or Green president won't be able to do shit about it IMHO.

so the president has no control over military ?
The sky will punish you
Mr_Wood
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:30 am

Sure, he or she could just withdraw all troops from everywhere. Or, could order nukes to be dropped on Moscow, Aleppo, Mexico City, or London. He or she could slip and say the wrong thin at the wrong time and bye bye a few million peeps.

your question, iinm, was what we thought would happen.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:47 am

Mr_Wood wrote:

Does on paper, but I don't believe it's that straightforward or simple or black-and-white. "Commander-in-chief" is just one of the many things the president is, and Pentagon and industrial-military complex is only in part, and IMHO not a very big part, just "the troops" to be commanded/maneuvered.

The value of US dollar is tied directly to those guys and the US foreign policy, so there's one big pause right there.

windwalker wrote:What would you point to that would suggest she is a good leader, and has accomplished other then the fact she has been in office, what makes her a good leader?

I'm not a fan of hers by any stretch of imagination. But with her you know what you're getting, for better of for worse. With him, all you have is his words -- and they don't even sound good or convincing. You're buying a cat in a bag, and the sounds it's making from inside that bag suggests that cat might in fact be a rabid opossum.
Last edited by Dmitri on Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:55 am

meanwhile...

Trump is often criticized for speaking off the cuff, but in this chance to clearly lay out his positions on science, readers are left with more questions than answers.
If this were a take-home, open-book science test, Trump just failed.

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-science ... .2obp0fcla

“Science is science.” — Donald Trump, 2016

;D
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:13 am

windwalker wrote:
When one can not present any relevant facts attack the supporters,,,cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEzTSXFPTWc

to be expected......

Of course why not? You are his supporter and you didn't even know he presented his plan.

How is it that I know about Trump than you do? It looks to me like you are going to vote for someone and haven't even bother to do any research.

Actually I know a lot more about Mexico than you as well, it's called an education. But that's neither here or there the fact is no Mexican politician will give any money to the US despite what fantasies a Trump supporter will have in their head.

Yes, attack the supporters. When people don't know what they are talking about they should be called out and humiliated. That's what the first ammendment was meant for.
Last edited by grzegorz on Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:18 am

In 2008, the meme was "the choice between the lesser of two evils" (or so it was said). This time the saying would be "choosing between the devil you know and the devil you don't." But, I deny the latter because it implies that the two candidates are equal in any sense other than money. Yet, Trump claims that he knows more than anyone in gov't, more even than the generals, senators, etc. Ok, anybody can say that, but it's just narcissism, not leadership. He will be your father-figure. Put your tiny hands in his...
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:24 pm

windwalker wrote:ya kinda happens when you lose a war....I would hope they never forget, losing sucks....
Why not mention the people that the Mexicans took their land from...

The Spanish but they were all allowed to stay.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:52 pm

Mr_Wood wrote:

He's supposed to have limited control within the frame work of the constitution. In practice it's a continual battle
inside the US Gov as to what powers he really has or can exercise.

The War Powers Resolution of 1973 gives the president the power to commit troops anywhere he likes for 90 days.”

The War Powers Resolution is incoherent. Section 2(c) provides that the president’s power to initiate military action is limited to “(1) a declaration of war, (2) specific statutory authorization, or (3) a national emergency created by attack upon the United States, its territories or possessions, or its armed forces.” But at the same time, it authorizes the president to introduce military force for up to 90 days for any reason at all, which is obviously unconstitutional.

https://www.libertyclassroom.com/warpowers/
Last edited by windwalker on Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Mr_Wood on Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:13 pm

Steve James wrote:Sure, he or she could just withdraw all troops from everywhere. Or, could order nukes to be dropped on Moscow, Aleppo, Mexico City, or London. He or she could slip and say the wrong thin at the wrong time and bye bye a few million peeps.

your question, iinm, was what we thought would happen.

:)

ok i will go back to the dumb corner now.
The sky will punish you
Mr_Wood
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That