The trump follies

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: The trump follies

Postby grzegorz on Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:05 am

willie wrote:
oragami_itto wrote:I prefer to publicly ridicule and undermine him as is my right as an American.

I'm trying to understand why anyone would want to assume that position, When
they could have clearly done something correctly. It seems that people enjoy abusing rights
instead of honoring them as a privilege instead.

Perhaps if you lived in a country without free speech you would see things differently. After living in the mainland I understood the importance of being able to criticize the government. To put it simply, yes you won the election but does not mean that the opposition must remain silent, we are all still here. Why are speaking up? Because we want President Twitter to hear us. The power is in his hands if he wants to unite the country he can but I doubt that he will because it is much more difficult. I often wondered why Obama turned to congress to vote on intervening in Syria although some saw him as weak he was trying to unite the country behind a single cause but failed but looking back it was the right thing to do hopefully the next Pres will do the same but judging from his cabinet picks which all seem to be anti-cabinet picks I don't see it happening.
Last edited by grzegorz on Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:13 am

President Twitter wanted a North Korean style military parade. LOL!

Trump Wants Tanks & Missile Launchers For His Parade. The Military Just Responded

http://occupydemocrats.com/2017/01/19/t ... responded/

Last edited by grzegorz on Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:50 am

willie wrote:
oragami_itto wrote:I prefer to publicly ridicule and undermine him as is my right as an American.

they could have clearly done something correctly. It seems that people enjoy abusing rights

If you understood more about the way a democracy works and the role of free speech within that society it wouldn't be much of a struggle.

Maybe take a little time off from Kung fu and shitposting and learn a little bit about your country. 1776 is a great film and is even got songs to explain some of the boring points!

Or you could start here, these are great
https://youtu.be/yHp7sMqPL0g
Last edited by origami_itto on Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:58 am

We really have entered the Twilight Zone, Itto. Trump has publically stated that he doesn't read books. Clearly, Willie and Wind don't either. I only bring this up because they are the only two vociferous Trump supporters here. But, wait a minute: neither of them voted! ???

Strange days indeed. That bit of mental discord indicates to me a level of trollishness that should have been crushed by the ban hammer long ago.

Wind is the diehard champion of lin kong jin, while Willie went from being a ninjitsu proponent when he first showed up to a taijiquan master who is the only person on earth with a decent teacher in a matter of months. Go figure.

::)
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:33 am

I used to really enjoy my conversations with windwalker before he found out how I feel about Trump and then cut me off.

Willie I've suspected mental health issues from the start.

That in particular being said, In fairness and full disclosure, since starting to post here I was diagnosed as a type 2 bipolar and started taking medication so I feel a lot less inclined to worry the bones of contention to splinters or prove anything to anyone.

Willie, you also keep mentioning the Mizner course. As I stated previously it is a supplement to my private, in person lessons with a Sifu who is well regarded among the members here (whom I will not name out of respect for his privacy).

Secondly, again to willie, the goal of my training is not to "be a star", it is to help maximize the time I have available to spend with my two daughters. Kicking ass is a side effect and fame is for suckers
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:58 am

oragami_itto wrote:I used to really enjoy my conversations with windwalker before he found out how I feel about Trump and then cut me off.

To be fair I didn't cut you off, just felt that you had a very closed mind at the time. Just as many here. Unable to entertain ideas they don't agree with in order to understand another viewpoint.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:17 am

Irony: a literary technique, originally used in Greek tragedy, by which the full significance of a character's words or actions are clear to the audience or reader although unknown to the character.
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:37 am

oragami_itto wrote:Irony: a literary technique, originally used in Greek tragedy, by which the full significance of a character's words or actions are clear to the audience or reader although unknown to the character.

Good, confirms my first thought,
nothing's changed.

luck in your training
windwalker
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:48 am

The fact is no matter how good one is there really isn't any money in CMA. The people who make money in CMA are good at business and marketing as well as CMA but it is rarely pays well yet the same is true with boxing and judo and other styles where the money goes to a few. It is a wonderful thing when someone can be a full time teacher but I definetely would not be able to send my kids to college one day on CMA.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:51 am

I appreciate Ora telling us about his personal life. There is nothing wrong with that.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby willie on Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:04 am

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:We really have entered the Twilight Zone, Itto. Trump has publically stated that he doesn't read books. Clearly, Willie and Wind don't either. I only bring this up because they are the only two vociferous Trump supporters here. But, wait a minute: neither of them voted! ???

Strange days indeed. That bit of mental discord indicates to me a level of trollishness that should have been crushed by the ban hammer long ago.

Wind is the diehard champion of lin kong jin, while Willie went from being a ninjitsu proponent when he first showed up to a taijiquan master who is the only person on earth with a decent teacher in a matter of months. Go figure.

::)

Lets see here.
Nope, didn't vote.
Not a vociferous supporter, just not stupid like you.
Yes i know some people from ninjutsu, not me...
And you can bet that my taiji is bad ass...And my MMA isn't bad either.
So i will take your trollish post for what it is worth, Nothing...
Have a good day, Mr Troll.
Last edited by willie on Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
willie

Postby grzegorz on Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:25 am

willie wrote:oh, by the way itto, I bet windwalker would shred you in push hands. LOL! Even after you 146 week online training coarse...

I will be more than happy to push with whoever you wish Willie.
Last edited by grzegorz on Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:26 am

willie wrote:

grzegorz
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:15 pm

And
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:48 pm

Last edited by grzegorz on Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That