The trump follies

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: The trump follies

Postby windwalker on Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:49 pm

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:Um, I did point out where the clip was wrong. But, as always, you move on to another point. Quick footwork, but transparent--also as always.

boring dude, you also said you did not watch the whole clip....
you pointed out were "you" thought it was wrong, this does not make it wrong...others might have
a different view....

as for the "transparent" you seem to like labels , calling names and I guess reading minds...
as long as they correspond to your thoughts..

hey its ok,,,only 1 day left...
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:05 pm

Some people might not believe in gravity. Do you think the world is flat? That's basically how you are coming off. It's easy enough to look up, just like the platform switch.

The problem seems to be that the vocal Trump supporters (and Trump) are operating at a lower level. They scoff at education, history, and facts. They can't spell, use proper punctuation, or utilize contractions. Of course, these are not the people who got him elected. Both you and Willie (neither of whom can do any of the above mentioned) didn't even vote for him (or vote?). The people who did get him elected know full well that he is going to screw over the poor and working class, just as he has always done. They are in his club and will benefit--unless he brings it all down. That's not unlikely, as it has nearly happened every-single-time that the conservatives have had a super majority.

You love to post your videos of African Americans supporting Trump and lambasting other POC for striving for equality. That just further highlights your idiocy. Everyone knows the whole "I have a black friend" logic is a fallacy. As I have pointed out, your sources are all dubious. You have no idea what you are talking about. You can't tell fact from fiction. Get that lin kong jin and ahistorical baloney out of here. I called you on your anti-Black racist posts when you first showed up. You have toned it down, but I have always been on to you, pariah.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:07 pm

I agree with the clip I posted which is why I posted it to preaent a different view point. Which some have called the clip into question....I can't answer for what the clip shows or does not not...If its wrong show its wrong

Still dishonest. If it's your opinion, spit it out. You're here. Don't say "ask somebody else" to explain an opinion you agree with. In fact, if it's your opinion, it's enough for us. Nobody's asked you to find a video.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:11 pm

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:Some people might not believe in gravity. Do you think the world is flat? That's basically how you are coming off. It's easy enough to look up, just like the platform switch.

The problem seems to be that the vocal Trump supporters (and Trump) are operating at a lower level. They scoff at education, history, and facts. They can't spell, use proper punctuation, or utilize contractions. Of course, these are not the people who got him elected. Both you and Willie (neither of whom can do any of the above mentioned) didn't even vote for him (or vote?). The people who did get him elected know full well that he is going to screw over the poor and working class, just as he has always done. They are in his club and will benefit--unless he brings it all down. That's not unlikely, as it has nearly happened every-single-time that the conservatives have had a super majority.

You love to post your videos of African Americans supporting Trump and lambasting other POC for striving for equality. That just further highlights your idiocy. Everyone knows the whole "I have a black friend" logic is a fallacy. As I have pointed out, your sources are all dubious. You have no idea what you are talking about. You can't tell fact from fiction. Get that lin kong jin and ahistorical baloney out of here. I called you on your anti-Black racist posts when you first showed up. You have toned it down, but I have always been on to you, pariah.

right back at ya,,,, ;)

you like labels,,,,like "racist" which you are one...
For me it doesn't matter that you are, its just a view point...I feel no need to point it out...

I do find it interesting at times, at others it gets boring and repetitive...
like now....

its ok 1 day left, soon the snow will melt
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:13 pm

Steve James wrote:
I agree with the clip I posted which is why I posted it to preaent a different view point. Which some have called the clip into question....I can't answer for what the clip shows or does not not...If its wrong show its wrong

Still dishonest. If it's your opinion, spit it out. You're here. Don't say "ask somebody else" to explain an opinion you agree with. In fact, if it's your opinion, it's enough for us. Nobody's asked you to find a video.

try doing the same as you ask others, you might come off more credible.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:25 pm

You are right that being racist is a viewpoint. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be pointed out. Not sure what evidence you have to indicate that I am a racist. I only seem to have heard that once, and it was in response to me posting facts about another totalitarian leader on this website. Go figure.

I'd also point out that you still have not responded to any of my factual assertions. Keep on a runnin.'

Also, I don't think Steve needs to worry about his credibility, especially coming from you. Again, look to your sources. Are they credible? At least you were on the right track asking for my credentials. BTW, Steve's are pretty tough to beat.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:00 pm

See, for me, it's about having a discussion with someone who's here, who's thinking for his or herself, not the opinions of someone brought in from the internet or from a blog. There's literally no end to that. Ok, someone can cite an expert to support his or her opinion. However, it's just a game when someone's asked to speak to the creator of a Youtube video. That'd just be trolling, picking an argument with someone you didn't even know existed. Instead of having a discussion with the person who's here now.

Oh, afa the racist thing, I think it's more a question of fixed ideas. I do find the use of Black spokespeople interesting. I'd never claim to speak for Black people, but ... I am actually here. And, it's absolutely true that you can find Black people with opinions on both sides of any issue. Go figure. So, it's not necessary to find a racial spokesperson for any issue, unless you want to emphasize the racial element. But, I know. It's me who always brings race up. I wish I'd stop. Every video or article I link to has some racial stuff in it.

Anyway, who cares about creds? The question was about John Lewis --someone who's actually risked his life for his American beliefs-- and his decision to skip Trump's inauguration. Seems to me that he has just as much a right to skip the inauguration as someone has to skip voting in the election.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:17 pm

Back to the story of people being paid to disrupt the inauguration. Classic cold war disinformation. And, classically, because of all the hate-mail they're received, the anti-Trump organization has become pro-Trump. Hmm, what does that tell ya? (Answer: we know who's obviously dishonest and who pays people to be disruptive. Just in case my opinion wasn't clear). Of course, someone will just argue that it's the other side because the real hoaxsters would never be stupid enough to admit it. Maybe, but that's being a bit optimistic.

The website for an organization calling itself Demand Protest made its mission pretty clear: “When your strategy demands paid protest, we organize and bring it to life.” Billing itself as a group that generated the “appearance of outrage” on behalf of left-wing causes, the existence of Demand Protest became an attractive story for many right-wing media outlets. The group, it appeared, was proof that dissent against Trump was manufactured by shady leftist organizations, and could be lucrative: one Backpage.com ad placed in Demand Protest’s name promised a full-time job that paid a $2,500 retainer, plus $50/hr., and benefits.

It was the perfect story to share, if you’re inclined to believe that anti-Trump protesters must be getting paid to be there. Something to that effect has long been in the canon of largely unsubstantiated rumors circulating on the Trump Internet. A well-known fake news writer even fabricated an “interview” with a protester who said he was paid $3,500 to protest at a Trump rally — a story that was shared on Twitter by Trump’s then-campaign manager. And like that made-up story, it also appears that Demand Protest is a made-up group, one that fooled quite a few news sources before being dramatically debunked on-air by Tucker Carlson.

Here’s an incomplete look at how we got here: a few days ago, the Gateway Pundit wrote a piece titled “BREAKING: Far Left Group Is Paying Activists a Monthly Salary to Stop TRUMP,” and cited 4Chan in mentioning a possible link between Demand Protest and George Soros. InfoWars was a bit more skeptical, hedging their story on Demand Protest as a “report” and writing that “it’s unclear if the DemandProtest.com website is actually legitimate.” The Washington Times also credulously reported on the Backpage ads. Breitbart, meanwhile, used the ads as evidence in an article that suggested that fears of pro-Trump inauguration violence was “fake news.”

“The facts tell a different story,” the Breitbart article says. “The left is gearing up for war, and hiring mercenaries.”

Other sites, like The Federalist Papers, helped to feed the story into the hyperpartisan Facebook ecosystem. It made it to the Drudge Report.

All this happened with no evidence to support claims that Demand Protest actually did anything it advertised on its website — the existence of a backpage ad, which pretty much anyone can create and place, was it.

The company has a San Francisco phone number, but Demand Protest LLC — the name, the website says, that is associated with a copyright — doesn’t exist in California’s public records. Calls to the group lead to a voice mail labyrinth with no way to speak to a real person. The Washington Post left a message on Tuesday afternoon, but it was not returned.

Meanwhile, the claims on Demand Protests’s website, which was only registered last month, are extraordinary and evidence-free. The anonymous testimonials from some of Demand Protest’s supposed clients came from an unnamed U.S. presidential campaign (“It was astonishing to watch operatives go above and beyond, sometimes to their own detriment, to drive our story with the public” says a quote attributed to “Campaign Chair” of the unnamed campaign) and an unnamed public health nonprofit. It claimed to have more than 1,800 well-paid operatives working for them. In the Backpage ads, the group says it’s the “largest private grassroots support organization in the United States,” which seems … implausible.

The Verge and Boing Boing, among others, were skeptical as the story circulated through the conservative press. And on a Fox News segment Tuesday night, someone claiming to represent the group more or less admitted that the whole thing was a hoax.

Tucker Carlson’s bizarre on-camera interview with a Demand Protest representative who gave his name as “Dom Tullipso” felt like a piece of performance art, something even Carlson himself said out loud in the middle of the interview.

“So, this is a sham, your company isn’t real, your website is fake, the claims you have made are lies, this is a hoax,” Carlson began, before saying that his team couldn’t find a record of a person by the name “Dom Tullipso.” The supposed-Tullipso responded by correcting Carlson’s pronunciation of Tullipso. (It seems the “L’s” are silent.”)

“Tullipso” also claimed, over the course of the interview, that a wave of hate mail from all the media coverage prompted the group to change its mind about a half-hour before the interview, so the group was now pro-Trump. He expressed passionate support for retired NFL quarterback Peyton Manning and claimed the group was working with a “client” who wanted it to help facilitate the release of the Roswell papers.

“It’s pretty darn easy these days to say whatever you want on national TV and have it passed off as truth,” he said. At the end of the interview, “Tullispso” told Carlson, “God bless you for fact checking, even if you did it while we were on the air.”
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:31 pm

Seems to me that he has just as much a right to skip the inauguration as someone has to skip voting in the election.

He has the right but he also represents and is part of the same gov, that he is undermining by his lack of participation.
Regardless they will have to deal with the new administration, its a poor showing of "leadership" on his and their part.

I can comment but do not represent nor are part of the gov.

You may not know, in the military we are not supposed to actively reflect political parties

“Per longstanding DoD policy, active duty personnel may not engage in partisan political activities and all military personnel should avoid the inference that their political activities imply or appear to imply DoD sponsorship, approval, or endorsement of a political candidate, campaign, or cause. Members on active duty may not campaign for a partisan candidate, engage in partisan fundraising activities, serve as an officer of a partisan club, or speak before a partisan gathering” http://www.dod.mil/dodgc/defense_ethics ... e_2016.pdf

Having joined the military before voting age, and served for 20yrs in the military I really never paid to much attention to elections although in private we did talk about civilian leaders.. After retiring from the military this is really the first election I followed. I did support the current president and his positions when he was fist elected. However since his time in, IMO he has fallen short and put forth many things I don't agree with.. In the military we had saying...respect the rank if not the man. In this sense I respect the office, but not the current occupant.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:43 pm

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:See, this goes directly to what I was talking about before regarding sources. Your sources are incredibly dubious. You can find whatever you want on the internet. The guy in the first video didn't have his facts straight, which is why I stopped watching. I'm not going to waste my time if someone is presenting an argument built on ignorance. He simply doesn't have any idea what he is talking about as soon as he moves beyond his personal experience.

Thanks for saying that. I completely agree if Americans were as concerned with where they get their information as are with what they eat (which isn't much) this country would be a much better place.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:58 pm

He has the right but he also represents and is part of the same gov, that he is undermining by his lack of participation.

He isn't undermining anything. All the members of Congress will not be there. There are also at least 45 other representatives not attending.

And a "right" is something that people have a "right" to do.

You may not know, in the military we are not supposed to actively reflect political parties

You are not in the military currently are you? But, even if so, it's a lie that military personnel can't vote. And, if you are in the military, then your opinions certainly actively represent the political views of a particular candidate. Stop with the dissembling.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:11 pm

Steve James wrote:

He isn't undermining anything. All the members of Congress will not be there. There are also at least 45 other representatives not attending.

And a "right" is something that people have a "right" to do.

You are not in the military currently are you? But, even if so, it's a lie that military personnel can't vote. And, if you are in the military, then your opinions certainly actively represent the political views of a particular candidate. Stop with the dissembling.

try reading it again, like the part where it says I "retired" after 20yrs of service.
try reading the link and and then comment.

try understanding being part of an institution and supporting the institution while acting within it..
they weaken it by suggestion that the president elect is not legitimate.

you talk of dissembling,,,, ::)
Last edited by windwalker on Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:22 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAPv3zIbzmk

1 day left, the snow will melt...
windwalker
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:09 am

Trump cheerleaders.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:05 am

Polls show Trump with historically low approval ratings
Majorities of Americans view Trump unfavorably — and also disapprove of the way in which Trump

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/t ... ion-233678
grzegorz
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That