The trump follies

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: The trump follies

Postby Steve James on Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:39 am

Yeah, retired Army and aren't allowed to vote or talk about or participate in politics or vote. That is why you didn't vote. Riiight. ;)

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2016 ... -vote.html

Troops and Veterans Must Do Their Duty: Vote

Military.com | Sep 26, 2016 | by David Dodd
Retired Army Col. David Dodd served more than 27 years in the military, including two deployments to Iraq and one to Afghanistan. He serves as the director of operations at Shields of Strength, and on the Board of Directors of Point 27 outreach to veterans, military families, first responders, athletes and the chronically ill.

Voting is a civic responsibility for all Americans, and I believe every member of the armed forces and every veteran should consider voting to be a personal duty.

The oath we took when entering the military said, in part, "I … will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same."

Voting is an act of supporting the Constitution, and it is a means for service members and veterans to perform their duty.

Tell him he's wrong.
Last edited by Steve James on Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:17 am

grzegorz wrote:Trump cheerleaders.

I don't see how propagating this sort of racially-charged made-up bullshit is helpful or amusing.

If it were real, that would be a different story, but it isn't.

http://www.snopes.com/make-america-white-again-trump/

Last edited by Dmitri on Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:25 am

Yay Snopes!!
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:01 am

Thanks for the correction and thanks Snopes.

I am curious what the Trump cheerleaders of Bruce, Willie and Wind think of Mnuchin?

I could see how some or a few anyway would buy into Trump's drain the swamp message but Steve Mnuchin as treasury secretary?
Last edited by grzegorz on Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:09 am

I don't see how propagating this sort of racially-charged made-up bullshit is helpful or amusing.

Actually the slogan was real and used on a billboard.

https://youtu.be/I-BjxogZ5L8

As real as racism itself.

https://youtu.be/wH60U_rb6M4
Last edited by grzegorz on Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:21 am

Yeah, retired Army and aren't allowed to vote or talk about or participate in politics or vote. That is why you didn't vote. Riiight. ;)

I guess your PHD must not be up to speed, your comprehension seems to be limited to your own biases.

Having joined the military before voting age, and served for 20yrs in the military I really never paid to much attention to elections although in private we did talk about civilian leaders..

After retiring from the military this is really the first election I followed. I did support the current president and his positions when he was fist elected. However since his time in, IMO he has fallen short and put forth many things I don't agree with.

In the military we had saying...respect the rank if not the man. In this sense I respect the office, but not the current occupant.

So far I like the polices that team "Trump" will try to enact.
The "Trump" is a leader not a politician which is why many can connect with him.
Last edited by windwalker on Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:28 am

Dmitri wrote:

http://www.snopes.com/make-america-white-again-trump/

You left out homophobic :-\
It's good for those who are racist, it confirm their own inner view points which they promote,
I guess they feel its amusing. I understand it, and why they post it, yes its not really helpful.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:39 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxIG4dd ... e=youtu.be

wow,,,,what a melt down,,,,,
I guess its gonna take a little while for the snow to melt...
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:50 am

The thing is: I read very well. But, that's not the point. You point to your service, then criticize someone like Lewis as undermining the government. He was beaten to gain the right to vote and still serves in Congress. You haven't even bothered to vote and you give yourself the right to criticize him. Then, you point to a document about people in the military participating in politics, of course while questioning my ability to understand. When I point to the fallacy of that argument, you question my ability to read --something that you wrote several pages and several threads ago.

You should have criticized me for citing a military.com blogger (Colonel) and asking you to debate him on the "duty" of people serving in the military and retired to vote. Soldiers are citizens too; that's why they have the right to vote; but their whole purpose is to protect and defend the rights of citizens to exercise their Constitutional rights. So, just pick on me. You have no business criticizing Lewis.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:56 am

I really hope and actually think that's photoshopped just because it's very ugly otherwise, they've got comical Trump hairdos, looks like they're having too much fun for that slogan to include the word white...I hope.

EDIT: Just saw D's snopes link. Phew.
Last edited by Michael on Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Postby Michael on Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:59 am

The news people and political analysts who never took the GOP candidates seriously might want to change jobs.

For me, the celebrities who said they'd move to Canada or change nationality if Trump won are the funniest. Have any of them followed through? I hope they're not that dumb.
Michael

Postby windwalker on Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:04 am

You have no business criticizing Lewis.

total bullshit, keep living in your dream.

He showed poor leader ship and class in expressing his view points as he did.
why is it I don't have the business "right" your inner bias is showing again.

who has the "business" to criticize him, you?
windwalker
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:06 am

Steve James wrote:Yeah, retired Army and aren't allowed to vote or talk about or participate in politics or vote. That is why you didn't vote. Riiight. ;)

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2016 ... -vote.html

Troops and Veterans Must Do Their Duty: Vote

Military.com | Sep 26, 2016 | by David Dodd
Retired Army Col. David Dodd served more than 27 years in the military, including two deployments to Iraq and one to Afghanistan. He serves as the director of operations at Shields of Strength, and on the Board of Directors of Point 27 outreach to veterans, military families, first responders, athletes and the chronically ill.

Voting is a civic responsibility for all Americans, and I believe every member of the armed forces and every veteran should consider voting to be a personal duty.

The oath we took when entering the military said, in part, "I … will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same."

Voting is an act of supporting the Constitution, and it is a means for service members and veterans to perform their duty.

Tell him he's wrong.

When I was in (1996-2000), active duty servicemen were strongly encouraged to vote, but not allowed to participate in protests or rallies or any other sort of high visibility political speech. As a veteran, I'm a private citizen and they can suck my left nut. I wouldn't wear my uniform and try to represent the Air Force or anything, but I can do whatever I want as a civilian, including wearing whatever uniform I like.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am

Michael wrote:

The news people and political analysts who never took the GOP candidates seriously might want to change jobs.

For me, the celebrities who said they'd move to Canada or change nationality if Trump won are the funniest. Have any of them followed through? I hope they're not that dumb.

It's something that many seem to over look, and are now using the same people to get their information from.
This is the real "fake" news and disinformation.

On this site some here who keep repeating allegations about the "Trump" which later turn out to be untrue.
They then go on to the next allegation no matter what it is...never admitting or commenting on
what was proven faked, or dismissed. It makes it pointless to address any point they try to make as they never acknowledge any thing
that disproves what they post.

1. discredit the source
2. discredit the poster
3. rinse repeat

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie.

It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”
Joseph Goebbel
Last edited by windwalker on Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:32 am

You live in your own reality, consistently ignoring or twisting what others say, and also ignoring or sidestepping those pesky facts. You are the one who gets his ideas from dubious sources. I wouldn't call it fake news because you don't even use the news as a source. Rather, you find any moron on Youtube who will support your ignorant and bigotted opinions. As I have repeatedly stated: primarily, I don't draw my opinions from the news. You should read a book or two. Of course, just like Trump, you don't read books, as is made clear by your communications here. That's probably your main problem.

You are also like a kid on the playground. Someone calls you on your racist baloney and you simply turn around and call them racist--albeit without any cause or reason.

Now, you are equating those who don't agree with you to Nazis, although it should be obvious who is acting like a Nazi by lambasting and attempting to discredit just about every news agency. And no, just because you keep carrying on like a five-year-old doesn't mean that people will eventually come to believe the BS that comes out of your mouth.

What allegations have been proven untrue? That Trump bragged about sexually assaulting women? That Paul Manifort was and is in bed with the Russians? That the Russians hacked the DNC in order to affect the election? You do know that Trump admitted that he thought that was the case, right?

Furthermore, have you been watching the cabinet hearings? Yeah, you were right. Trump is surrounding himself with the best. What a joke. One stepped down for plagiarizing her PhD dissertation. We also have a guy who was caught scamming people with a fake university appointing a woman to direct this country's education who is so blatantly ignorant about education it would be laughable if not so terrible. The list goes on and on...
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That