Challenge Match

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Challenge Match

Postby CaliG on Wed May 21, 2008 12:40 am

The other guy...

Last edited by CaliG on Wed May 21, 2008 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
CaliG

Re: Challenge Match

Postby bruce on Wed May 21, 2008 1:11 am

to avoid confussion i think there are only 2 people who should talk about this, moashan and the goat. if they want to fight cool if not cool.
Last edited by bruce on Wed May 21, 2008 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
bruce
Great Old One

Postby ashe on Wed May 21, 2008 1:22 am

i wondered when this would make it over here.

no biggie bruce. they're building some hype.
discipline, concentration & wisdom
----------------------------------------
http://fallingleaveskungfu.com/
Facebook
Instagram
ashe
Great Old One

Postby CaliG on Wed May 21, 2008 1:38 am

They're both adults and I doubt there's anything we could say that would make this better or worse.

But I'm curious why anyone would feel the need to challenge an MMA fighter, if tMMA fighters think they're the best who really cares?
Last edited by CaliG on Thu May 22, 2008 12:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
CaliG

Postby Bill on Wed May 21, 2008 7:19 am

It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby CaliG on Wed May 21, 2008 3:09 pm

The thing I find interesting about this is that if you really wanted to do hardcore TMA as it was done back in the day then you'd be pulling out the big weapons because that's ultimately what most TMAs were based on and how they were usually used on the battlefield.
CaliG

Postby qiphlow on Wed May 21, 2008 6:47 pm

bill, you have an uncanny knack for finding pictures on the interwebs.

maoshan wins by the twisting death technique.
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby CaliG on Wed May 21, 2008 10:57 pm

This might be unrelated but one thing I will say, I think sport fighters are a lot better about losing than most TMA guys.

I was just watching Rampage tap out to one of his trainees on Ultimate Fighter and he admitted he got his ass kicked somehow I can't see TMA guys doing that.

Perhaps we have the ego problem...
CaliG

Postby Joe L. on Wed May 21, 2008 11:00 pm

CaliG wrote:This might be unrelated but one thing I will say, I think sport fighters are a lot better about losing than most TMA guys.

I was just watching Rampage tap out to one of his trainees on Ultimate Fighter and he admitted he got his ass kicked somehow I can't see TMA guys doing that.

Perhaps we have the ego problem...

Maybe due to the actual frequency of fights compared between most TMA guys and MMA fighters.

If you fight all the time, you lose, ok. If you do it once a year, then of course you will be less sporting about a loss.
"The harder you train, the harder it is to surrender"
Joe L.
Great Old One

Postby CaliG on Wed May 21, 2008 11:03 pm

I agree, if you fight once a year that you're probably going to take everything very seriously.

But perhaps it's also because in TMA we tend to treat out teachers like gods where as MMA players see their teachers as trainers.

I think we can learn something from that.
Last edited by CaliG on Wed May 21, 2008 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CaliG

Postby maoshan on Thu May 22, 2008 10:37 am

Get something understood. I was the one challenged. And where do you get that I challenged the whole MMA community when, not only is it written on top of the clip, but I also say Nick Thompson. What are you trying to do here?
You down with Thompsons cheerleaders further trying to drag my name through the mud?

What's up?

Maoshan
maoshan
Great Old One

Postby Royal Dragon on Thu May 22, 2008 11:49 am

CaliG wrote:
The other guy...

Reply]
It's hard to tell how good this guy is, or isn't. His opponent was not very skilled and made some serious mistakes. It was an easy win because of that.
Royal Dragon
Great Old One

Postby Royal Dragon on Thu May 22, 2008 11:49 am

Maoshan,
where are you from?
Royal Dragon
Great Old One

Postby maoshan on Thu May 22, 2008 12:05 pm

BX, New York
maoshan
Great Old One

Postby CaliG on Thu May 22, 2008 12:11 pm

maoshan wrote:Get something understood. I was the one challenged. And where do you get that I challenged the whole MMA community when, not only is it written on top of the clip, but I also say Nick Thompson. What are you trying to do here?
You down with Thompsons cheerleaders further trying to drag my name through the mud?

What's up?

Maoshan

No, no one's trying to drag your name through the mud.

From what I heard it sounded like a challenge to all MMA fighters, I was wrong my bad.

The truth is I'm not really interested talking about you or Nick on here, the title of the thread it challenge match and we're talking those in general.

I used your clips because you guys are both posting this stuff on the internet so I figured it was fair game.
Last edited by CaliG on Thu May 22, 2008 1:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
CaliG

Next

Return to Been There Done That