Xu Xiaodong vs Ding Hao (Wing Chun) Extended Event Analysis

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Xu Xiaodong vs Ding Hao (Wing Chun) Extended Event Analysis

Postby marvin8 on Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:42 pm

Fight Commentary Breakdowns
Jun 23, 2020

This MMA vs Wing Chun viral match from China that happened in 2018 had way more drama than what we previously reported. The Wing Chun side (Ding Hao and Yu Changhua) actually were the ones that insisted on the match not being in the ring. We will start there and watch all the drama that occurred on the Wing Chun side. We also continue after the match to see the live ruling of the draw, despite Xu Xiaodong clearly winning. Accompanying Jerry in this running commentary is Dean Rosenwald, Muay Thai and Bokator teacher. Let's watch, learn, laugh a little, and have some fun no matter what. Leave your questions and comments for Fight Commentary Breakdowns! Talk to you guys soon!

Video that exists on Xu Xiaodong's channel that we looked at:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuusqWtgak0
Dean Rosenwald and Santa Monica Striking:
https://www.santamonicastriking.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyElQ4l48ek
marvin8
Wuji

Re: Xu Xiaodong vs Ding Hao (Wing Chun) Extended Event Analysis

Postby Trick on Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:28 am

Maybe it’s a crazy thing, but I like to watch some classical boxing bouts despite knowing the outcome of the fight.......But this Xu vs this and that unheard guy “classic” fights...is that really interesting anymore ?
Trick

Postby marvin8 on Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:05 am

Trick wrote:Maybe it’s a crazy thing, but I like to watch some classical boxing bouts despite knowing the outcome of the fight.......But this Xu vs this and that unheard guy “classic” fights...is that really interesting anymore ?

Since you can't view it, this is an extended version. At the beginning, a Wing Chun guy jumps in the ring and says they don't fight in rings. Xu agrees and they fight on the floor. Xu ragdolls and beats up Ding. Then, the announcer calls it a draw. Jerry said he spoke with Xu and Lei Lei yesterday and will post another video soon.
Last edited by marvin8 on Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
marvin8
Wuji

Postby Trick on Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:07 am

I’ll guess I stick with watching classic/legendary boxing bouts
Trick

Postby marvin8 on Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:10 am

Trick wrote:I’ll guess I stick with watching classic/legendary boxing bouts

But, there's no comedy in those fights. ;)
marvin8
Wuji

Return to Been There Done That