NSFW

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: NSFW

Postby jimmy on Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:47 pm

jimmy
Wuji

Postby Strange on Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:48 am

Last edited by Strange on Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby Strange on Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:26 am

天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

Strange
Great Old One

Postby Quigga on Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:42 am

You have a good taste in women :)
Quigga

Postby Strange on Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:48 pm

just know that all are but an illusion :)
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

Strange
Great Old One

Postby Quigga on Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:50 am

Yet I very likely will live out my allotted lifespan on this earth, get some of my heavenly duties done, grow old and sick to die a uneventful death :)

Unfortunately, the dualistic nature of this world binds almost all people. I can't imagine what it would be to live a normal life among everyone else while leaving this dualism behind.

Or if it's even possible. One part, the soul, is in touch with divinity and allows one to experience undescribable bliss through devotion, determination and single pointed focus at letting go of everything and increasing net freedom, knowledge, wisdom for all. Reminder: don't forget to add love and gratitude to actually be useful to society, not just taking in all the bliss and getting fuck all done.

Knowing the house rules can make it easier. Yet we all play the same game.

Why do you think they're illusory?
Quigga

Postby Strange on Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:35 pm

the person shown in the image has long gone
to understand it any other way would not be correct
it is a test on one's understanding : what is shown is not there
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

Strange
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:27 pm

Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Quigga on Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:00 am

Strange, I don't get what you're trying to say or do here. What do you mean by it's not there?
Quigga

Postby Quigga on Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:01 am

'This is not a pipe.' Then why did she draw one? Too much free time on her hands?
Quigga

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:52 pm

Quigga wrote:'This is not a pipe.' Then why did she draw one? Too much free time on her hands?

That would be "he." And, the answer is in the title and I thought it was a nice illustration of Strange's excellent point. The title, btw, is "The Treachery of Images." It was made to make you think. And, speaking of free time, I can't imagine a bigger indication than talking about things you don't understand on the internet. I'm sure it's fun and all, and I think people should actually have more free time, not less.
文武両道。

Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Quigga on Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:10 pm

Ooops, seems like I didn't look enough into it :P

'Treachery of Images' What bullshit. Hold up a piece of paper and say: This is not paper! Same effect. Appearances are not always what they seem to be, gold isn't always gold. Want a Nobel prize for that?

Not knowing what one is talking about - could say the same to you in many aspects :-)

I still don't get Strange's point. Is it the difference between an image and the real thing?
Quigga

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:23 pm

Quigga wrote:Ooops, seems like I didn't look enough into it :P

'Treachery of Images' What bullshit. Hold up a piece of paper and say: This is not paper! Same effect. Appearances are not always what they seem to be, gold isn't always gold. Want a Nobel prize for that?

Not knowing what one is talking about - could say the same to you in many aspects :-)

I still don't get Strange's point. Is it the difference between an image and the real thing?

Yeah, I get that you don't get it. As René Magritte himself put it, can you smoke tobacco out of his painting? Your example of paper doesn't hold up, since a piece of paper is a piece of paper. You are just completely missing the point. Maybe read about the relationships between signifier and signified. Or, just think about the differences between a representation and reality. Shouldn't be that hard.
文武両道。

Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Quigga on Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:45 pm

Another post where you spray your faux intelligence air all around, who would've guessed. Once your mental capacities start to leave you, maybe you can drop all of that fake pride. Until then, you've showed me that it's much less of a headache to just ignore you and just leave you to your business :-).

I just thought there was some hidden meaning or something, damn :P (do you get the sarcasm now?)
Quigga

Postby Quigga on Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:47 pm

Also you're quite condescending for someone who wants to teach something. Just a side note :-)
Quigga

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That