Sifu Adam Mizner shows how Taichi can stop MMA style takedow

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Sifu Adam Mizner shows how Taichi can stop MMA style takedow

Postby cerebus on Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:32 am

Oh, and in my opinion, Mizner is an ass. I had him on my Facebook friendslist, and tried discussing Tai Chi with him. When he found that I trained Cheng Man Ching style, he tried telling me that practice of Cheng's method is conducive to causing oneself injury because it's "incorrect" and "weak". LOL! I explained to him the mechanics of Cheng style and why it's actually more efficient and less injurious to the practitioner. He responded by saying that I should "try that in a full contact ring" :D :D I sent him some photos of myself using my Tai Chi in the full contact ring against a larger, stronger, younger opponent at the Oakland, CA East Bay Rats Motorcycle Club. He had no logical rebuttal to that, so he finished our conversation by calling me a "clown" (for having done exactly what he suggested I do, thinking of course that there was no way I had actually done it :D )
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:17 am

cerebus wrote:Oh, and in my opinion, Mizner is an ass. I had him on my Facebook friendslist, and tried discussing Tai Chi with him. When he found that I trained Cheng Man Ching style, he tried telling me that practice of Cheng's method is conducive to causing oneself injury because it's "incorrect" and "weak". LOL! I explained to him the mechanics of Cheng style and why it's actually more efficient and less injurious to the practitioner. He responded by saying that I should "try that in a full contact ring" :D :D I sent him some photos of myself using my Tai Chi in the full contact ring against a larger, stronger, younger opponent at the Oakland, CA East Bay Rats Motorcycle Club. He had no logical rebuttal to that, so he finished our conversation by calling me a "clown" (for having done exactly what he suggested I do, thinking of course that there was no way I had actually done it :D )

Thanks for sharing that. I've never met him but from the clips always suspected he was an asshat (with a cult-leader personality traits) - now I have a first-hand proof of it.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby everything on Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:29 am

origami_itto wrote:
meeks wrote:as a former wrestler I cringe when I see martial arts demos where someone shooting for the opponent's legs happens 'from across the room' like that

How to defend against someone over extended on their knees.
I've seen pandas with better takedowns!

they seem good at wrestling

just wrestling them for a basket seems difficult enough

amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Previous

Return to Been There Done That